“I wanted better”

Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #28 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed here in February. I had requested a room on a upper floor. When I arrived I was offered a room on the 3rd floor, or a smoking room on the 6th.
Anyways, room was ok, nothing special. But not what I had thought it would be.
It felt kind of like in a dungeon with walls outside the window.
A little dissapointing for us.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve M

Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three nights and I was very impressed. The room was small, but nicely organized and the bathroom was great. The king size bed was really comfy and the staff was great. The location was awesome because you can basically walk to all the nice areas of downtown Vancouver. The gym and the pool were a plus as well. My only "complaint" was the Diva dining experience as it is pricey for what they offer. But there are thousands of restaurants options within walking distance. Overall, a great hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ReezieTerp
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Room is clean, good size with a very comfortable bed.
Staff is polite and friendly. Check out was extremely efficient.
Hotel overall looks a bit tired and in need of a renovation.
Location is fantastic. Right in the middle of downtown with shopping centres, vancouver art gallary and great restaurants and avis nearby.
Although internet is free, the wifi coverage was weak in the rooms. The signal from four seasons hotel across the road was almost just as strong. I had troubles re-logging in sometimes after dropping out. So programs like Skype was difficult to use.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Chrispytang
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I do not throw around superlatives loosely, but I cannot help doing so in this instance. My wife and I were directed to his hotel by virtue of a Living Social voucher; the location could not have been better, the hotel being situated in the center of a great city near everything, restaurants, shopping, sightseeing. Apart from the hotel staff being most courteous and helpful in their recommendations, the wait staff in Diva being meticulous in their service, the rooms being clean, spacious, quiet, and promptly maintained, my wife and I have never slept better in any hotel anywhere. If we could have taken home the mattress, pillows, and comforter, we would have. Would we recommend this hotel to friends and acquaintances? You betcha. PCL517Maryland

Room Tip: Try a Luxury King if available.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank PCL517
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Perfect stay in Vancouver. Everything was fantastic at the hotel from check in to check out. All the staff interactions were beyond great, the food in Diva was excellent and the rooms and bed were perfect! I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Luxury King!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This was our first stay at the Metropolitan Hotel. We took advantage of the "Night on the Town" rate because we were there to see a show at the Vancouver Centre for Performing Arts. This property was about a 6 minute walk to the venue, so it seemed like a great choice. It was also handy to slip off to Pacific Centre Mall without having to drag my husband along.

Anyway, for the most part we were pretty impressed with the property and the location. One downside was that I forgot to inform my husband that he should ask if we could get an updated room (I was waiting in the car while he checked in). We ended up with a room with an old TV, and overall the decor and fixtures weren't as modern as expected. However, we did have a little balcony and a decent view from the 11th floor. Only 1 elevator was working and it was slow, and the parking garage was somewhat tight (but complimentary with our rate), but otherwise a pretty solid 4 out of 5 experience!

Given the right rate, we will probably stay at the Metropolitan again. But, next time we'll hopefully at least score a flat screen TV!

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room on a higher floor. Check out their special rates to see what the best fit is...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I love this hotel.. Although not as grand as some other Vancouver hotels, I always find this hotel comfortable, and affordable compared to alot of other hotels in the city..The location is fantastic,being walking distance or a short cab ride to anywhere you want to go. The staff is amazingly friendly,helpful and curtious.. I have been to the city 3 times and have always stayed there..

Room Tip: Upgrade....it is worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family