2,271 results
All reviewsdiva restaurantluxury king roompacific centreseparate showercanada placesmall balconyart galleryfour seasonscomfortable bedcanada linecentral locationrobson streetwould definitely stay here againan upgradevalet parkingbit datedexcellent location
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We had a wonderful stay! They hotel and staff were great! We will stay at the Metropolitan next time we visit Vancouver!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elise S
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed at the Met this past weekend with my husband and 2-year old son. I had stayed before for business travel and really enjoyed it -- it is a remarkably comfortable hotel in a great location. However, I hadn't appreciated how wonderful the Met is for families until I stayed there with a toddler. The staff were all welcoming and considerate. They set up a very comfortable, safe, and cosy bed for him in our room. Also, the first night we arrived, one of the staff showed up at our door with a beautifully chilled glass of milk and a chocolate chip cookie for our son. The hotel is very quiet -- we could not hear the other guests, and they could not hear us. We loved our stay there and have recommended to friends with children.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank J J
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed in the Metropolitan almost a year ago now, but have previously visited Vancouver on a few occasions, staying in the Coast Plaza and also the Renaissance.

First thing worthy of note is that now the Skytrain has been extended to the airport (opened Autumn 2009) you can go non-stop from the terminal building to the final downtown station (Harbour), which is about 10 minutes walk from the Metropolitan. So you can get from the airport to the hotel for about one-tenth the price of a cab - if you don't mind the gentle uphill walk up Howe Street with your suitcases - I didn't.

On arrival at reception / lobby, things don't look fantastic at first - being a tall, narrow building, there isn't a lot visible. However, the reception staff were first class though and immediately got me checked in and passed on some messages that had arrived for me a few days earlier.

Any concerns from seeing the minimalist lobby were quickly dispelled when entering the room - it was genuinely spacious and appointed with every conceivable amenity. My particular room didn't have WiFi, but there was cable Ethernet with a very fast connection - video calling over Skype for several hours saw no dropouts. The en-suite was particularly generously proportioned with all the usual comforts.
I would estimate from the condition of the room that it was perhaps refurbished around 10 years ago - perhaps starting to look a little dated, but by no means tired or showing excessive wear & tear.

Breakfast was interesting - the service was impeccable and the food itself of a very high standard - I have travelled throughout BC on many occasions, and this was probably the best Canadian breakfast I have found - absolutely delicious, impeccably presented and with a few interesting twists if you fancy something a bit more off-the-wall. Be warned however - it is NOT cheap - if you want a good feed before you start your day, you can easily run to $30 and beyond. I don't know if it is still there, but Scoozi's just a few doors down do a lovely breakfast for a third of the price if, like me, you like to sample every part of the spectrum when you travel!

Overall, an excellent hotel for the money - as a UK traveller, I booked and paid in advance through Canadian Affair, which was excellent value for money; I think it worked out about a third of the price of rack rates - around £110 per night room only - much cheaper than any similar hotel in London.
Will definitely be staying again next time I head to Vancouver.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank eyemajic
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear eyemajic,
Thank you for taking the time to post comments on your stay with us - we greatly appreciate the feedback. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional guest service with particular emphasis on attention to detail. We wanted to clarify for your next visit that the skytrain does stop less than 1 block from the hotel at the 'City Centre' location.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Vancouver.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2012

This was our first hotel on a trip across Canada and we really felt at home. The room was facing Howe Street and the Four Seasons Hotel opposite but we felt we had a good view of what was going on (especially the weather as it rained on each of our 4 days there). Nevertheless, the room was well-appointed and well cared for. The staff were very good and service was excellent; there was always a cheery greeting from the concierge. We found the breakfast in the attached restaurant to be on the expensive side but we soon got to learn that Canada is expensive to Europeans (there are plenty of other outlets nearby for breakfast). And the hotel is well-placed for all the attractions in central Vancouver. On the downside, we had to complain about a party in the room next door which went on to about 3.00 on the first morning. We were told the manager would contact us but this didn't happen (although the cost of breakfast was deducted from the final bill by the receptionist). All in all a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't take a room next to a convention welcoming suite.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Just like the previous traveler, we saw a deal on Groupon but instead booked directly through the hotel (for wariness around these coupons..) - got the same package...
Found the hotel very nice , the service at the desk or almost everyone was top rated.. The hotel itself could be a bit dated and the rooms were kinda cozy, little space inside 'cause they gave us a rollaway bed with a King Suite Luxury room (had 2 children) - when we arrived late (around 10PM), they had glasses of milk for kids with nicely decorated cookie platter (they didn't have it but it was still very nice gesture!!).. Parking structure was at best "a bit scary" - for a Full Size/Premium Car (which we rented) , u need a very experienced driver to drive up from the basement !!!

The restaurant was very good - best muffin I had for breakfast ....

Overall, we would come back again here even though there were very nice hotels right next door (Rosewood, Four Seasons....)

lastly, trip advisor community is simply superb and I'd booked my stays based on reviews here and we certainly would be commenting, reviewing more and more to give back, what we can for our other fellow travelers....

Room Tip: Do not spend time on finding a view room etc here - I believe this one does not have good view rooms due to being dwarfed by other tall buildings etc
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family