2,271 results
All reviewsdiva restaurantluxury king roompacific centreseparate showercanada placesmall balconyart galleryfour seasonscomfortable bedcanada linecentral locationrobson streetwould definitely stay here againan upgradevalet parkingbit datedexcellent location
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My associate and I had the good fortune to book the Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver and also to visit the Diva Restaurant. The bar has class and the dining area is intimate with a sparkling Open Kitchen and a highly professional staff.

The serve staff is professional, attentive and knowledgeable as well as friendly in a nice, professional manner. I was seated promptly, the menu offered good choices and diversity. My order was taken promptly and the food arrived as ordered quickly, it was delicious.

I also used room service on one occasion and it was quite special, The food was exactly as requested, it arrived swiftly and it was presented and served with professionalism.

This property has great rooms, spacious for an international property, The bathroom was great with separate tube and shower, large well lit vanity and good amenities. Great bed (I slept well), desk and sitting area, very good view, a small but usable balcony. Good closet and drawer space. Free coffee, a minibar, and a good selection of snacks.

The property has a great central location, friendly staff, good rooms and particularly Michael Tablit with his staff at Diva make this my first choice for my trip to Vancouver.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a king as the twine bed rooms are exactly that 2 twin beds
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel was built under another brand name, and has seen better days. While our room was spacious and comfortable, the carpet had been cleaned so often it was worn and rippled. I noticed the concierge sitting on a stool with a big rip in it and some clear tape holding it together. Classy first impression? The bathroom was spacious, and had oversized fluffy towels. The chairs in our room were old and the stuffing was gone. The window was filthy so it was hard to enjoy the view of the next tall building. These are the little things that I noticed. Small details, but disappointing for a hotel that is trying to be a first rate place downtown.
The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. I did not appreciate the 8.00 per day amenity fee for the pool and health club which I never used. Since there was a convention in town, the daily rate for this hotel was rather high. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel within walking distance of lots of great restaurants.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Igiveuponthisdumbname
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We booked this hotel for our last night of a 3 week holiday before a late flight home. There appears to be no limit to the staff's customer focus, we were allowed to securely leave our bags and then use the Spa facilities in the afternoon to shower and change despite being checked out. Also, when we arrived we wanted to check in, deposit all our bags and then return the hire car, the valet looked after our car for us and kept in in the security of their garage entrance while we did what we wished to.
On our first visit to Vancouver we had stayed at the Pan Pacific and though this hotel doesn't afford views over the harbour, the willing service and quality of rooms at the Metropolitan beats it hands down. It is positioned 5 minutes back from the waterfront and in the middle of downtown so is ideally situated and unusually for a hotel in this class, provides internet free of charge.
Highly recommended unless you really want to harbour views.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hewhotravels
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Metropolitan Hotel in Vancouver is a great place to stay for location as well as service. It is a boutique hotel and the service is tops. We have stayed here before and really enjoy the location as you can get around everywhere without needing a car.
The rooms are very nice, we had the Luxury King which is a nice size room. Nice pool and Hot tub and fitness room as well on the 3rd floor. The hotel is very clean and well kept.
We had lunch at the Diva and it was very good as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Hotel was able to accommodate our family of four with two older boys in a one bedroom suite (very unusual to find a hotel that doesn't require 2 rooms). Very clean hotel, attentive staff, and helpful concierge. Perfect location to explore city.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family