2,271 results
All reviewsdiva restaurantluxury king roompacific centreseparate showercanada placesmall balconyart galleryfour seasonscomfortable bedcanada linecentral locationrobson streetwould definitely stay here againan upgradevalet parkingbit datedexcellent location
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I have stayed here a number of times now and really appreciate the local and rooms - but the service is really top notch. I agree with another comment that the restaurant is not on par with 4 and 5 star Vancouver hotels. Room service options are a bit limited as well....

Room Tip: If you are a shopper, well this is the spot - quick access to the mall
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We chose to celebrate our anniversary with a staycation in Vancouver. We stayed at the Metropolitan Hotel in Vancouver. From the moment we parked our car we were set for a fantastic night. The courteous and friendly staffed informed us of all we needed to know without being pushy. The modern decor of our luxury king room made us wish our home looked as rich with the warm colours and clean lines. The pocket french doors gave the room a romantic touch. The bed was especially comfortable. We even received turndown service. The desserts that were delivered to our room were decadent. I hope that we can make this an annual event. The location of the hotel is perfect for anywhere that you would like to get around to in the core of downtown Vancouver. Staycations are a great idea - especially when you can do it in style with the Metropolitan.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2012

It was my partner and I six year anniversary and i wanted to have a nice relaxing weekend in Vancouver.I quess Vancouver is not really the place to go if you want to relax. The man at the front desk was very nice, we were allowed to check in early and our room was upgraded from a luxury king room to a junior suite. The room was nice except the furniture looked a bit worn and there was a large stain on the carpet, bathroom was really nice and the bed was really comfortable with really good quaility linens. Our room over looked the street and was pretty much parrell with the hotels nextdoors pool area which looked nice. The curtains were good because they blocked out nearly all of the light and most of the noise from the street.
Parking was an issue because most of the spaces seemed to be reserved for hotel staff there were spaces for small cars but we weren't sure if you could park in them because there were signs that seemed to be reserving them for Zipcars. Also there was nobody at the little valet area to give us a parking ticket , we asked at the desk if we could park in one the small car spots, the fellow at the desk said it was fine as long as it wasn't reserved. Still we didnt want the car towed so we did have to go back to the garage and walk up the ramp again to find someone to give us a parking ticket. (parking cost $30)
We ended up have dinner in our room via room service which as you might guess was expensive. We had two Diva Burgers which were a little cold but it tasted good with some great pickles on it. The man that delivered the table was really nice and provided good service.
My only real problem with this hotel is the Diva restaurant. After we finished our dinner we went down to the Diva for dessert and as i told the waiter a few drinks. We walked right up to the dining area which seemed to annoy the wait staff as we were told that we could go sit in comfy lounge or as an after thought we would stay in the dining area. Someone mistakenly almost brought us some bread to which was greeted by not one but two people saying "no bread, no bread" we ordered two glasses of wine and two desserts. The wine came first , when the dessert came i guess i forgot to move my napkin from the area where the plate was to go and i was asked in condesending way to "remove my napkin" That made me feel rather unwelcome. Then as soon as our dessert plates were empty a bill was brought. They didn't ask us if were done or if we wanted another drink. It really felt like they just wanted us to leave. I have to say it made me feel really ashamed. Like i wasn't really good enough to eat there. I literally went back to my room with my partner and cried. I don't think i could go back without being reminded of it so i doubt i will ever stay at this hotel or eat at this restaurant again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The Hotel is just four blocks from the conference center and the seaplane port. I had conference and planned to do a view to Victoria, the location was perfect. The services of reception and concierge were always very kind and helpful. The concierge helped us plan and arrange a visit to Capilano and a bike ride in Stanley Park. Suggestions were always very helpful. The rooms were very nice, full of light and the bathroom was very spacious.
Is certainly a hotel that I have no hesitation in recommending

Room Tip: Chosse a room on the upper floors
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My associate and I had the good fortune to book the Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver and also to visit the Diva Restaurant. The bar has class and the dining area is intimate with a sparkling Open Kitchen and a highly professional staff.

The serve staff is professional, attentive and knowledgeable as well as friendly in a nice, professional manner. I was seated promptly, the menu offered good choices and diversity. My order was taken promptly and the food arrived as ordered quickly, it was delicious.

I also used room service on one occasion and it was quite special, The food was exactly as requested, it arrived swiftly and it was presented and served with professionalism.

This property has great rooms, spacious for an international property, The bathroom was great with separate tube and shower, large well lit vanity and good amenities. Great bed (I slept well), desk and sitting area, very good view, a small but usable balcony. Good closet and drawer space. Free coffee, a minibar, and a good selection of snacks.

The property has a great central location, friendly staff, good rooms and particularly Michael Tablit with his staff at Diva make this my first choice for my trip to Vancouver.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a king as the twine bed rooms are exactly that 2 twin beds
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends