“Excellent downtown hotel”

Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #28 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This downtown hotel was excellent for our stay. The staff was extremely helpful and their parking lot was fairly easy to navigate. We did not eat at the hotel, but found several nice restaurants nearby. The bathroom was great - separate shower and tub. The only complaint would be that the room could use a comfortable chair rather than the extremely straight back chairs that were in the room.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the greater the view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,094)

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed here for five nights , and had a wonderful stay. The hotel check in was quick and the staff very friendly , nothing was to much trouble from booking tickets to Vancouver attractions to bringing more sugar and milk to our room. The rooms were all very big and clean with big flat screen televisions. The location of the hotel was brilliant with Gastown and Canada place 5-10 minutes walk and Stanley Park about 20 minutes walk.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Vancouver.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back with us again!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

This smallish hotel is a fine alternative to the larger,more known facilities in this fun city. Very helpful staff at all levels. Pleasant rooms with larger bathrooms than usual. Did not eat in the hotel restaurant. There is a Vietnamese run cafe nearby with very good breakfasts, Joyeaux Cafe.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Service: friendly, efficient and professional. When we pulled up someone whisked away our bags from the taxi, transfered them to a belboy and directed us to reception! We were only able to get a 1hr late check out as the hotel was fully booked but no probs. Room cleanliness was excellent.

Room: gorgeous modern luxury king. Nice big bathroom with Molton Brown toiletries. Very comfortable with everything you could need. No noise from the hotel or outside plus the room has privacy window blinds as well as curtains so you could still have natural light.

Location: excellent - walking distance to Gastown, city centre, the waterfront, Pacific shopping centre, Stanley Park...

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I often stay at the Met for business. This past Monday I was again a guest of the "Met" and decided to go swimming. I used the house robe and went to the pool area. I discovered that I had my crystal earrings on and promptly took them off and placed them in the pocket of the house robe. After my enjoyable swim I retired for the night.
The following morning I went to my meetings and came back to my room around 2:30. I remembered my earrings but the houskeeping staff had issued me a fresh houserobe.
I placed a call to housekeeping and they said they would look for them. I figured my favourite earrings were gone and went out for the evening. I arrived back around 9:30 pm and saw the message light blinking. I retrieved the message and the housekeeper informed me that they did find my earrrings but they were ruined. She and her stafff decided to replace my earrings and she hoped I would like the new earrings.
I looked around my room and spied a prettily wrapped box and opened it. Inside were my Swardvoski black crystal earrings. They also had included in the bag my busted pair of earrings. Wow.
You see three weeks ago my much loved older brother died suddenly from a massive heart attack and I was thinking to myself that this is a cruel world and there isn't much kindness left anymore. Little did these special women from the "Met" know they replaced more than my earrings. Sue Lynch Prince George B.C.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

The morning after you checked out of the hotel, our housekeeping department informed us of what had happened, and we were all delighted to hear that we were able to make your day and your stay with us more memorable.

Please come back for a visit again sometime soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Great location, 5 minute walk from Canada Line stop. Room clean, city view. Excellent advice from the Concierge who picked the perfect tour for us. Breakfast good. Perfect for our one night between Anchorage and London. Would love to visit Vancouver again and would happily stay at the Metropolitan.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Excellent hotel with great friendly staff and good advice from the concierge. Nothing was too much trouble. The parking was expensive so probably best to negotiate that before coming ask for an all inclusive package.
The meal at Diva was superbly cooked.
I love this hotel and will always choose it when in Vancouver.

Room Tip: We asked for a high floor and got it .
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

I am so happy to hear that you have had another great stay with us. I do recommend that you try some of our new desserts in Diva at the Met! They are a great way to end your day in pleasure!