Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sunset Inn and Suites(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$240
US$341
US$330
Fairmont Pacific Rim(Vancouver)
US$458
US$427
  • Restaurant
Blue Horizon Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$234
  • Pool
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$280
Orbitz.com
US$264
US$249
2,132 results
All reviewsdiva restaurantluxury king roomgreat locationpacific centrecanada placesmall balconyart galleryfour seasonscomfortable bedcentral locationcanada linerobson streetvalet parkingexcellent hotelwould definitely stay here againan upgradebit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed overnight at this hotel while on business. I found the staff to be very pleasant and was surprised when they could accommodate my early arrival (11 am). The room was very nice: bed was comfortable, lots of pillows, spacious washroom with both a tub and shower. Amenities were good, loved the lap pool. For me, the location was excellent, across from the Sky Train from the airport, walking distance from everywhere I wanted to go. I would definitely choose this hotel again.

My only complaint was that they advertised a free car to my first meeting organized by the consierge beginning at 7:30, but when I finally left at 7:45, he had not yet arrived.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The Metropolitan isn't the newest or fanciest place in town, but it's very clean, in a wonderful location, and has *step-out balconies.* That's right, you can open your sliding glass door, stand outside and view Vancouver life as it happens. Loved that. Also loved the giant bathroom with a stool to use while doing hair/makeup. I found my room to be very quiet, and it was plenty comfortable. Staff were nice and accommodating of my one special request, and having Diva at the Met as the hotel restaurant is a total bonus. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you found our little gem in the city and all that we have to offer! We have some great new menu items coming up shortly in Diva at the Met, so we hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Recommended by our travel agent, we were not disappointed with the Metropolitan, but neither were we totally satisfied.
We stayed for 3 nights on three different days as we used the hotel as a layover when we went in and out of Vancouver to Victoria, Whistler and finally Seattle. We were given an upgrade on our first night to a 5th floor room and asked for the same room when we returned, but didnt get it. The 10th floor room was noisier with sirens and trucks reversing (they should outlaw reversing beepers). The third night we managed to get the 5th floor room again.
The room was very central in the downtown area and you could walk to most places from there. The concierge staff were very helpful and looked after our luggage for several days so we didnt have to lug big suitcases on ferries and coaches.
We used the restaurant for breakfast on the third stay and were impressed with the food and service. It was a little too expensive though, Ok if your company is paying the bill, but not if you are on a pension!
In the mid price bracket this hotel delivers a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We spent four nights at the Metropolitan Hotel this last month. It was our second visit but we had not been there for over 10 years. I remembered fondly from our first stay so we booked it again for this visit. It did not disappoint! We had a nice room on the 15th floor. Bed was very comfortable, pillows were too big but housekeeping promptly brought us two regular pillows. The room was quiet, well furnished. The bathroom was large with a separate tub. We used the gym and it was fine except it is small therefore the stationary bikes/elipticals are kept in a corner of the pool area and it was just too hot to use and there were no fans. We used the treadmills instead. I also used the jacuzzi which was nice. The concierges were very helpful and the doorman plentiful, cheery and accommodating. Location of the hotel is spot on perfect. We did not eat or drink in the restaurant so I cannot speak for that. The price was also quite reasonable. We had found an Expedia price but contacted the hotel directly and booked the same price. Would definitely recommend and return.

Room Tip: Higher up affords better views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

It is nice to hear that you had a chance to enjoy our facilities. The next time you visit you will have to try out our squash courts as well! Be sure to also check out our specials that are listed on this site as well.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights after visiting Vancouver Island and overall had a very good stay. Location is ideal being a short walk from the train station, Gas Town, shops and Granville Street. A bonus to have a gym, pool, steam, and Sauna etc. We probably wouldn't go back to Vancouver but would certainly look at staying in another Metropolitan hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends