“Excellent hotel excellent service”

Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #28 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent a romantic night in Vancouver and the Metropolitan hotel enhanced everything. The service was excellent from the valet parking, check in, and drinks in the lounge. We had a luxury king room and we were very impressed. We will try the restaurant for sure next time. The location is perfect and everything can be reached on foot or by a quick cab ride. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for your great review, so many are finding out about our great location. We hope that you have a chance to enjoy some of Diva at the Met's treats the next time you are here as well. Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Booked a room at the front desk for 3 nights but had told thelady that I may not need them all. When I checked out a day early they said I was given a non-refundable room rate and cannot get my money back. I booked the room as a walk-in.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank 28Kyle_W13
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I chose this location because it was a block from where I had business meetings and it looked the most appealing based on internet photos from the list I was allowed to choose from (employer list of approved hotels with my usual choice not on the list this time around). For a 5 night stay, I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get a room that looked like the pictures online. Instead, I got one of the rooms that had dated furniture, old fashioned decor and it felt somewhat like a cruise ship cabin with all of the cupboards and shelving. That said, the beds were very comfortable, the room clean and it had a good size bathroom with bathrobe and large towels. 'The sleep quality was very good given that my room overlooked Howe St. There was a large flat screen tv and good wifi connectivity. The room also had a mini refrigerator. I used the pool facilities a couple of evenings. There is a small lap style pool and a separate hot tub. The service was friendly and efficient. There is a lounge bar off the lobby that had a nice atmosphere and comfy chairs. The Pacific Shopping Centre is across the street, Canada Place about 10 minutes walk, the sky train is about 2 blocks away at Burrard and Robson street is 3 blocks away There are many good restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room. Also if you prefer separate shower/tub, some rooms offer that option.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 45-nomad
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I just stayed at the Metropolitan Hotel, Vancouver, BC. My favorite hotel - Period

Why? Location. Ever drive in a city that you aren't familiar with? Ever try and get around with the GPS screaming at you? Happens all the time with me. It is simple to get into the Met Parking lot. Howe is a one way street and it is easy to get to no matter what part of downtown you are coming from.

Why? The fitness facilities. There are lots of them (pool, above average for a hotel weight room, lap pool and whirl pool, sauna and steam bath), they are decent quality and they are included ( no extra fees). I play a lot of squash back home and this hotel has a court. I bring my racquet, enough said.

Why? Location. You are right downtown. The Pacific Centre is right across the street. Highway 99 to the Lions Gate Bridge and North Vancouver, Sea to Sky Highway is half a block up the street. Granville Street and all it has to offer is a block and a half away. BC Place, Rogers Arena - a 10 minute walk.

Why? The rooms. They have everything that I want including spacious rooms. Love the single serve Keurig coffee maker, love the 40" flat screen TV. I love the light switches that they have beside the beds turn off ALL the lights in the room.

Why? The staff. They are friendly, courteous and attentive to your needs. I had a few extra (storage) needs and they took care of everything, without a hitch. They took the time to get to know me and I actually felt known and welcome.

Extra preferences from my stay. I enjoyed the Joyeaux Cafe down the street for breakfast and for noodle bowls for dinner. I think that I ate there 5 times over the week I was here. Second, the Mighty Kale at Jugo Juice in the food court at the Pacific Centre has been a staple for me. Not exactly local food, but if you have never tried it, it is absolutely delicious.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th and the 10th floors (both rooms were on the corner and away from the elevator...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Tom B
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

What an excellent review! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

It sounds like you had time to really relax, and explore what we have to offer our guests and what we have in the vicinity- and that you enjoyed it all. We look forward to having you back here again soon!!!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed at the Metropolitan last weekend for my birthday getaway. Four other couples joined us. Upon check in I was wished a happy birthday by the agent - a very nice touch! Our room was well appointed and the bathroom was a great size (4 piece). Our room was on the "back" of the hotel, and was very quiet - we didn't hear any traffic, city noise or other guests overnight. The next morning all my friends were commenting on how comfortable the beds and pillows were!
I received a very much appreciated birthday amenity from the hotel as well - very kind!
The location of the hotel cannot be beat. It is right in the heart of the city - across the street from Pacific Centre and right by the Vancouver Art Gallery.
I would not hesitate to return to this property!!

Room Tip: I'm sensitive to noise, so I appreciated being on the back of the hotel (not on Howe Street). S...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dwrwhistler

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your birthday again next year. Thank you for your positive feedback. Enjoy the week!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Visited Vancouver and, unfortunately,stayed for only two nights. Great hotel: staff were all very friendly, rooms were very comfortable and well equiped. Location was also very good for transport links to the airport but also some of the tourist attractions including Gas Town, China Town ,museums, etc.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GKP_1

We often recommend people to use the Canada Line from the airport to Vancouver, as it is quick, easy, a half block to our hotel, and you get to avoid rush hour all together!

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

My new wife and I quite enjoyed our stay at the Met Vancouver over this past Christmas. There were many individuals that really provided amazing custmer service that made our stay so wonderful.

THE GLOW
The girl in the restaraunt:
-very well presented and listend to us... she couldn't answer one of our questions for a local vendor but she asked the concierge

The concierge:
-he actually didn't know the answer as well but kept on looking ... later on that day he found us and privided us with the information...

The front desk girl:
-very welcoming, engaging and happy... much appreciated.

Other highlights:
-breakfast was very fresh, generous portions, and delicious
-enjoyed the view of our room
-the use of the umbrella was fantastic
-the apples at the front desk - noted by my wife was great little addition
-location was central to downtown

TO GROW:
-bathroom could be updated

The price we paid, location, and quality service our stay at the MET was great. We will be back

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gary L
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you back here again.