“Stop over after Rockie Mountaineer Train”

Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #28 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Tadcaster England
“Stop over after Rockie Mountaineer Train”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Very comfortable hotel. Nothing too much trouble for the staff.Printed directions on how to get to another area of Vancouver including maps and which skytrain to get on and get off. Central place easy for the waterfront, Gastown, ChinaTown and Granville Island

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
We do have an excellent location and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Found easily enough, on a main street and fairly central to everything you want to see, on foot if your up for some walking. We never used public transport and longest walk was to Stanley park which was only about 30 mins I think.

Staff were helpful prior to arrival when I was after some help on directions and such. Throughout the stay they were very pleasant when required. We got a deluxe king room I think it was, on the 16th floor and this was massive, with a great bathroom. All toiletries (Molten Brown in fact) provided with dressing gown. Instead of usual kettle (available on request) you have the proper espresso type machine, which was all complimentary. No fault with the room at all, and we had a fairly nice view.

Location was great for us as we like to walk around and managed to navigate easily enough everywhere we wanted to go. Local transport is nearby if required and plenty of taxi's to hand.

Never had any food here, but gets good reviews in the local tourist type magazine, and looked nice but seemed quiet when we stayed so we opted for other places around town.

Also never used the pool facilities so can't comment here beyond confirming they exist!

Room Tip: Loved the King room, so would go for this if you can
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My family and I had a great time at the Metropolitan! We stayed for 4 nights in the suites and absolutely loved it! The staff are all very friendly and accommodating. I did feel some "snootiness" from 2 or 3 of the front desk staff but were nonetheless very helpful. The hotel is very well decorated, the rooms are clean with a "classic" style decor. It is less than a 5 minute walk from the convention center which makes the location great. The hotel also offers a decent gym and a very nice pool and hot tub which we used almost every day. Would absolutely come back again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amgtraveler88
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to your next visit.

Be sure to try some of our desserts in Diva at the Met the next time you are here...you won't be disappointed I am sure.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at the Metropolitan for the fist time and my stay was very pleasant. The room was clean and the staff was very nice. The only thing negative I have to say is, it's time to renovate your hotel. I highly recommend staying at Metropolitan Hotel, I will be back.

Room Tip: Fantastic location!
cardiff uk
Reviewed 28 May 2014

There for two nights in may14,very comfortable hotel with a great pool and facilities,good view of Vancouver high rise from 17 th floor,two blocks up from the harbour and two blocks fron robson st shopping area,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We love our location and are happy that you have discovered why! We hope to see you back before summer is over!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for a few nights end of December until early January. The hotel itself is gorgeous. The rooms perfect. The location is prime for anyone who wants to enjoy what Vancouver has to offer. The staff are friendly and informative. The valet does an awesome job, they are both quick and efficient. I find Vancouver can sometimes be a little unfriendly and snobbish but this hotel does not give that experience or vibe at all. The restaurant is okay, a little pricy for the portion and the food was just Okay. Everything else made the stay worth it. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting this beautiful city.

• Stayed December 2013
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was there, alone, for two nights, and the hotel met all of my expectations. One of the reasons I chose it was for location: it's convenient to most downtown venues, less than a mile to Gastown, and a bit of a walk (mile or so) to Stanley Park. The Metropolitan is in good company on that block: next door is the Rosewood Hotel Georgia, across the street is the Four Seasons, and Pacific Center Mall. The staff were extremely attentive for my entire stay, even at my arrival which wasn't until 9:30 P.M. I was asked at the desk if I wanted higher or lower floors - I selected higher and was given room 1209. This was very quiet, except that I noted after rising in the morning that a garbage truck was making enough racket to be heard even at that level. Accommodation (2 queen beds) was very clean and complete, and wi-fi worked great. I ordered room service breakfast, and a very nice full breakfast was delivered exactly at the time requested - although it was expensive (I believe it was 32 CAD). I did not have a car so can't speak about the on-site parking. Was very happy overall and will likely return.

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor - no matter which side you're on - if you want to sleep late.
2 Thank ScannerGFlorida
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
We are glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and that our staff ensured that we could attend to your requests. We look forward to having you back with us again soon.