Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver
Hyatt Regency Vancouver(Vancouver)
Kingston Hotel(Vancouver)
  • Breakfast included
2,131 results
All reviewsdiva restaurantluxury king roomgreat locationpacific centrecanada placesmall balconyart galleryfour seasonscomfortable bedcentral locationcanada linerobson streetvalet parkingexcellent hotelwould definitely stay here againan upgradebit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Metropolitan hotel is well located in downtown with easy walking to shopping, restaurants, and gastown. Doesn't look,like much from outside but perfectly pleasant inside. Nice rooms, bathtub, views of city and friendly staff. Room not equipped with kettle for tea making but but available on request. Free wifi, not like other city hotels. Would recommend staying here if location to downtown, harbour important.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Just give us a call ahead of time to let us know you need a kettle. We will have it ready for you!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at The Metropolitan Hotel in Vancouver for 5 days during a convention.
The service was superb from the start. Here are a couple of interactions that I can recount, though it was overall an impressive staff.
As my booking was through the convention, Mark from the hotel's reservations department emailed me a couple of weeks before my trip to make sure my reservation was appropriate for what I needed (there were 3 of us, so we needed a roll-away for the standard room we booked). Due to arrangements with the convention, he could not immediately make the changes, but said he would as soon as the system allowed, and within the week, we were all set! We were grateful to find our room ready for us after a full day of traveling through 3 time zones.
I initially considered The Met because of the pool (long enough for swimming laps). Being excited to see it, we went to check it out right before closing after check-in. We were able to swim the next morning, but decided to check it out again that night to see if there were any features we missed. Upon seeing us twice near closing, the gentleman who took care of stocking and closing the area made a point to let us know that the pool opened early at 5:30am because he probably imagined we might’ve been frustrated to miss pool hours twice.
Check-out with Natasha was great, she knew about the convention and anticipated what we needed (our flight out was late, we needed to store our bags during the last day of the convention).
I unfortunately was not able to get everyone’s name, but the staff was accommodating and very pleasant (it made for a great start to my day after a swim and our housekeeper greeting us with a big smile and “good morning”).
Here’s some hotel features I feel worth mentioning : again, the pool which is about 36ft and 5ft depth had 3 lanes and great for lap swimming opens 5:30am-11pm and indoors (so it was not too cold to swim early in the morning or late at night), there is a whirl pool adjacent to it, the fitness center is next to the pool area (3 machines were within the room, but the fitness center itself was behind a glass tile wall.. the pictures I saw before my trip seem outdated perhaps), in the ladies room there is a dry sauna.
Some features within the room (we were on the 17th floor, corner room king bed with roll-away) : spacious enough for 3, separate shower and bath, Keurig machine (a kettle for making hot water could be requested, which we did), small balcony area to get fresh air and check the weather, quiet air conditioner, but room was comfortably cool so we left it off most of the time, quiet room/floor. One hiccup in this arrangement was the mini-fridge which was stocked with a private bar; small to begin with, it left very little room if we had drinks that needed to stand upright (had to transfer a carton of milk to a screw-cap bottle).
Features of the area : half a block from red metro line (direct to airport), half block from Vancouver Art Gallery, in downtown area with many shops and food options available (there wasn’t a meal we didn’t like), less than 10 minute walk to convention center and harbor area for buses and shuttles (and where cruise ships were docking), about 10 minute walk to Robson Street.
Even my friend with discerning taste mentioned she would stay here again. A definite return-to hotel the next time the convention is held in Vancouver.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Wow! What an awesome review, thank you so much. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope that the convention went well for you too. I will be sure to pass your commentary to our staff who will adorn huge smiles I am sure.

We do hope to see you back again soon! Thank you so much!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel is ideally situated for all downtown Vancouver. Just a short 5 min walk to the harbour side with many great restaurants. The shopping centre is literally just across the road with a great choice of shops. The hotel itself is very clean and modern, great hotel room with great views across the city. Only compliant was that there was no milk for our tea, (only coffee whitener) but this was easily rectified with quick call to room service. Great hotel. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine H
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great location within an easy walk to Gastown, the cruise pier, and shopping. Surprisingly quiet for a downtown hotel - Great place to sleep! Comfortable beds. Would not hesitate to return on the rare occasion I visit Vancouver.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Good to hear, and we hope you visit our beautiful city again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The first sight of this modern, narrow, high rise hotel did not inspire great confidence but, on entering the small but impressive lobby, spirits were raised! Our room on one of the higher floors was superb - one of the nicest hotel rooms we have stayed in. It was large and superbly and stylishly equipped (my only criticism would be that the window glazing needs to be updated to offer contemporary standards of sound proofing). The staff were endlessly helpful if providing information and advice. We didn't eat dinner in the restaurant but enjoyed the breakfast which, though pricey, was excellent. It would be difficult to find a better location in the centre of the city with the waterfront, shops of Gastown only a few minutes walk away. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank midlandmusician
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thanks for your review, and we are glad you enjoyed your stay, our restaurant and location. Hope to see you back soon.