“When push comes to shove...”

Deluxe Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #75 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We unfortunately didn't know what day we'd be in town so made no reservations. Mistake. Everything we came to was full. We had 5 of us. Got their family suite for $119. Cheap but mostly desperate. No one complained about mattresses. I felt the sheets and towels were clean. I NEVER get onto carpet or showers barefoot since doctor friend said athletes foot fungus is everywhere. Shower and toilet looked clean. A/C never shut off but thought that was probably good because traffic noise is terrible all night. A/C cools at best. Gal at front desk was pleasant and helpful. Look, it is the same on the inside as out. It's old, not remodeled ever. Didn't smell. Parking was worrisome. Don't leave anything in car. TV had plenty of channels. There was a stove, utensils, small refrigerator. We didn't use. It has key and a chain on door for security. So, when push comes to shove...

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank d a

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I was going to this hotel with my family. I got the hotel and was happy to see that there was no security. Then I asked to see the room before I paid. It was refused. I went to my room and it had this guy sleeping in my bed. WHen I asked him to leave he started grunting. Then the manager had to call the police to get him out. The police came and arrested them. Then on the way out they arrested somebody for theft. I asked for a refund but was told I would have to get on my knees and beg. I then left found a lawyer and sued the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
13  Thank BenTravel175
Reviewed 28 May 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE! Two cars were broken into including ours! They have cameras that the cops said were useless. We didn't notice more than one pile of glass from previous cars being broken into that they just swept up into piles in the parking area until the morning. We were just passing through, moving to Alaska so we had everything we owned in our vehicle. iPad, slr camera, laptop, iPods, Suitcase, guns, clothes all gone! Car alarm and surveillance cameras did not phase the thiefs. The place is old and disgusting.. The area is super shady. It smells like mold. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. It is worth it to spend the extra money to stay somewhere nicer. Worst experience I've had at a hotel ever!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank Colleyb1988
Reviewed 26 November 2012

2 adults & teenage child, room was basically clean but hotel was very dingy, water stains on the ceiling, laminate coming off the countertop, counter not screwed to the wall, an old mattress left in the hall, very questionable and loud 'grunts' coming out of the room beside the stairway, sketchy parking area. okay for a really cheap one night stay if you absoultly need it - but we left after one night eventhough we planned on staying longer. look down kingsway a few blocks, you'll have better luck.
it has a place for very cheap, one night, hostle type accommodation, but dont expect much and you wont be dissapointed.

Room Tip: the best tip would be - rooms at a different hotel are better!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Dean M
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My mother booked this motel as a one night stay because we were only in Vancouver for the weekend. First of all, the outside of the place looks run down and shoddy, so we didn't expect much. Then, after specifically having reserved a room for three people (we ended up bringing four but we had booked the "family" suite and were ready to pay extra for the fourth person) we arrived to find that there had been a "misunderstanding" and that the room was reserved for us, but for eight people. When we showed the travel confirmation that was only for four, they said that they could not change the reservation and still had to charge us for four extra people. Even so, it was still a very good price and we figured it was only for one night, so it wasn't going to be that bad. Wrong again. The room has an old style oven that has obviously seen its share of fires, one pathetic sink, and an air conditioner that is probably older than my mother and I combined. There are four channels on the TV, and two beds which are hardly suitable for sleeping on. The shower was completely clogged (I was standing in inches of water by the time I stepped in) and there was mold in it, and I even saw a small bug or two. Absolutely disgusting, do not stay here!

Room Tip: No room will save you from the noise of the street. The curtains don't even close all the way!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank amylasia
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This Motel is just fine for one night, but might not be suitable for people who are looking for a comfy bed. Our room was reasonalby big and more or less clean. The car can be parked right under the motel for free.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Was looking forward to settling in with my family of 5 after a long 16hr flight, but upon arrival i was very DISSAPPOINTED!!!!! the outside of it is veryyy old and unappealing, and looks more like a low budget backpackers hostel than a inviting family friendly hotel!! Upon entry to the reception it smelt really stuffy/ unclean & smokey!!!! I was not feeling very good about this hotel at this point, so asked to see our room...to which the receptionist convinced from the look on my face, that i was going to cancel...then proceed to quickly access my c/card and take the full amount! My assumptions were right and the room was not good at all! Or the actual room that we had booked online in the first place!! everything in that room needed to be replaced verrry old & dated!! bathroom shower could have done with another clean, verrry stuffy & smokey clearly not suitable for us let alone our children. as we headed back to reception the hall way air was sooo thick with cigarette smoke, i was shocked! It felt very seedy & i did not feel very comfortable to be there at all. i had a feeling that they rented out a lot of their rooms, (to whomever1) and upon questioning i was right! i could tell! so i politely informed her that it was definitely suitable especially as my 5yr old has asthma...and the cigarette smoke was sooo bad! apparently she couldn't smell it, even though anyone could of seen...that we were talking to each other through a HAZE of smoke!!! HELLO!!!! I asked if we could have a refund, but instead was told every excuse under the sun as to why she could not refund! asked her if she could call the manager/owner which she did...but the manager was not interested, did not want to speak to me, and said to come back on the following Monday when she would be there! even though i explained we had JUST got off a 16hr flight, had 3 kids in tow, and extra couple of adults...and we were heading up to Whistler the following day!! Not wanting to stay in that horrible smokey, seedy hotel any longer, we left drove around trying to find another hotel, and never got any refund!!! It was our very first day in Canada, and i wasn't going to let that spoil the rest of our 3 1/2 week holiday!!!! I would NOT advise anyone, especially families...to stay here!!! Don't Do It!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family