“Rashes” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #86 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
“Rashes”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

We were booked for 2 nights, 2 rooms but right after the first night, we moved to a different hotel. We were gonna move out as soon as we found out how dirty their rooms (especially their washrooms that seemed like there were pee marks in the bath tubs and toilets) but we were so tired from the long travel to do so. After I woke up that night, me and my sister had lots of rashes in my body and these rashes are still on us.
I wonder how they manage to have really perfect and elegant lobby when their rooms are the exact opposite!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shine L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

Wow, very dilapidated. Toilet got clogged and no one could find a plunger in the building. Person asked stopped looking and went off shift and didn't pass the task on. Had to use the washroom in another room. Elevator got stuck with no response from any of the staff, I had to help the person stuck. Staff do not seem to care. Food was terrible, nothing like the Super 8's in Alberta.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristine T

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Aurora
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

I was very disappointed in the area in which the hotel was located. I was suppose to be in a non-smoking room however there was cigarette burns all over the carpet. Holes in the curtains. It was a rainy night and very cold, no way to turn on the heat.

I will never stay at another Super 8, one experience was enough for me.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank CRM326
Cambridge, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Caught them on a busy night - 3 cruises leaving plus the Marathon. Clerk was hard to communicate with. Rooms were adequate but old. Truck was too tall for their "safe" parking garage and was warned to take EVERYTHING out of the truck since it would be in the open parking lot. Referred to an Indian eatery which turned out to be nice. Breakfast covered the basics and no more. At one time it probably was a Super 8 but maybe a name change is in order - Mediocre 3 would be accurate. If you are looking for a lower-priced bed for a night, it just fits the bill.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Caryl_Whitlatch
Calgary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

First, there were some good things about this Super 8:
1.The location, on Marine Drive, convenient to the airport although certainly not very close to it.
2.The price was very reasonable -- $75/night plus tax.
3.The room size was larger than I expected, it was comprable to a Quality Inn (I'm pretty sure this property was once a Quality Inn) or a Best Western.
4.They provided free Wi-Fi and in-room coffee.

Now for the negatives:
1.The room was really noisy. In turn the noise from the people next door talking loud, and the traffic (I was on the 5th floor out of 6 by the way) took turns drowning each other out. At one point some low-lifes did "doughnuts" and other stunts on the roof of the adjacnt parking garage, on a supercharged Mustang -- the noise was unbearable.
2.The smell of smoke is everywhere -- the bedsheets, the hallways and especially the sports bar downstairs. Either people continue to smoke there, or they have not properly cleaned the place in years.
3.At chek-in I felt like I was treated like a suspicious character. Of coure I offered my credit card, but they wanted to check it aginst my driver's licnse -- alright. Then they put through a charge of $100, more than the value of the room and made me sign it. Why don't classier hotels make me do this? I assumed since I had paid MORE than the room charge at least I could charge my meal. No, that was not possible I was told. The food by the way was very mediocre : My linguini with meatballs tasted like a can of Chef Boy-ar-Dee.

Altogether I would say that I recommend the Super 8 to travelers who have loew standards, and who smoke.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank niemand
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Coast Vancouver Airport
#63 of 89 in Vancouver
Bridgeport
Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport

Been to Super 8 Vancouver? Share your experiences!