“Basic hotel”

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Vancouver
Ranked #89 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Shuttle service was okay and staff were helpful but did not always give detailed instructions. Breakfast was just okay, but room was very, very hot and could have been cleaned more regularly throughout breakfast. Room was hot and there was a noisy window air conditioner. One plus was that we were able to book in early after a long flight and have a shower.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the hotel - not facing any roads. Traffic noise is constant throughout...

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Staff looked depressed. I have not seen a single staff smile. Rooms smelled really bad!! We saw a couple of cockroaches in the washroom! The AC was very loud. It woke me up couple of times. They did not have good variety for breakfast. Location was the only thing that was convenient. I only stayed here because it was last minute and it was cheap but never again!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 24 August 2013

My husband and I came to BC on our honeymoon and thought "Oh yay! Super 8, they're great in Alberta, we should stay here." That was the biggest mistake ever. Let me number the reasons:

1) Getting here is extremely complicated (GPS glitches and Google Maps doesn't always help)
2) Little to no parking
3) Front desk staff is barely knowledgeable of the area
4) Far from everything to see or do within the city itself (30-45 minutes from Downtown Vancouver and Stanley Park)
5) Smells of smoke (even though it's supposed to be no smoking)
6) Rooms are old, and ratty... the curtains are all cut and torn, the carpet is musty and the bathroom is so tiny we had to turn sideways to get in just to use the toilet.
7) Elevator is a death trap: the whole things shakes and groans... we were terrified to use it but it was the only way to get from the lobby to the 6th floor. Also the elevator requires your key card to open it but the keycards don't work so you have to ask the front desk to let you in... it's a pain in the butt when you're handling suitcases and camera bags and shopping goods.
8) Not clean... both my husband and I had allergic reactions to the dust in the air and had to take medication just to sleep one night
9) Extremely loud and rowdy nightclub right next to lobby, unless you're into clubbing, it's very annoying and frustrating.
10) No fridge... not that we all need one but if you go out for supper and bring back left overs it's nice to put them away and not have to waste any money.

Granted we paid cheap money and I guess we got what we paid for but this is a DIVE! Don't stay here, it's not worth your health or saving a buck. We only stayed one night. We checked out first thing in the AM and found another hotel for a little more money but a lot better reviews.

Room Tip: Stay away from here
1  Thank Nicole M
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Both rooms that we stayed at were found to have bed bugs, and when we reported it to staff, they didn't seem interested. I wrote several letters and called 4 times before getting the manager who then only reimbursed for one room.
The breakfast area had too few places to eat, and the elevators were consistently not functioning.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Judper

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. The hotel staff was rude and unprofessional. Room was disgusting. Asked for a fridge over 2 months in advance and showed up and they didn't have one. Was told I would get a free airport service, called to book it then she told me it closed at 11, when I was told it ran late.then basically told me i was liar that no one would have told me that, i requested the manager call me, never received a call.. So I paid for a cab. My toilet was over flowing all over the floor and onto the carpet in the a actual room, I called the front desk and was advised that it would be until Monday before it would get fixed (this happened on Saturday am). I couldn't believe it. the rooms were dirty, carpet had stains every wheres. the rooms are outdated, and had a weird musty smell. Worst hotel I've ever stayed at honestly do not book here, spend the extra money per night somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Bridgeport
Gastown
Patricia Hotel
Patricia Hotel
#78 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Super 8 Vancouver? Share your experiences!