“Good hotel with a good reate”

The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront
Ranked #41 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
London
“Good hotel with a good reate”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed here at a corporate rate which was pretty special so this was good value for money. The hotel is near to the harbourside and about as close as you can get to one of the float plane companies. It's good for walking over to Coal Harbour and Stanley park and if you go the other direction, to the downtown shopping.

Rooms were pretty good and pretty well what you would expect from the marriott chain. So it wasn't quite a standout hotel, but for the rate we had it was very good.

I would stay again in a heartbeat.

2 Thank thefrequenttraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I didn't have the best experience staying at this hotel. Upon check-in, I found that my bed had a little dirt in it and a bug crawling on the sheets. LET ME STRESS THIS WAS NOT A BEDBUG, but a bug nonetheless. I notified the front desk about it and they were extremely helpful and very accomodating. They made sure that there were no more bugs in the room and changed the sheets. They offered to move me into another room on my second night (the first night, every room was booked) and I declined.

Also the hall lights shine brightly into the room with all the lights off, so your room is not completely dark. That's nitpicking at this point, but I was bothered with that as well.

Other than that the room was nice and spacious and the service was great.The breakfast buffet was nice as well. Parking was confusing as I was charged $21 for one night, and $6 the next so you might want to call ahead and establish that.

Reading other reviews, I am pretty sure my incidents are isolated so I would not hesitate to try this hotel again if I get the chance.

British Columbia
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed here with a friend in May 2012 as I was having laser eye surgery at the clinic next door and we were EXTREMELY impressed with the friendly and helpful nature of the staff. This service started in the elevator and never stopped until we left. While checking in the front desk person asked us why we were in town, found out where the clinic was for me, asked if there was anything we wanted to see or do and when we mentioned a restaurant we were interested in she immediately printed the directions for us along with a menu. They also provided us with a map and showed us where we were in relation to the map along with pointing out the areas of interest. Our room was great, was really big, very clean, had great windows, a view of the city and a view of the water. I would highly recommend this hotel, close to Robson street and all the action and I have never encountered such friendly helpful staff - two thumbs up!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Midland Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Just returned home after a wonderful trip to Vancouver. City was very busy so I chose this property. Very clean spacious rooms and a warm friendly staff. My room was on the 18Th floor which gave me access to the 19Th floor lounge. I would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank racanfan3
Provost
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We had this hotel recommended by our AMA travel agent to stay. The hotel was conveniently located to what we needed. Was greeted great at the door as soon as we rolled up to the hotel. The check in was great and efficient. Nice decor of the lobby. The rooms were great as well very clean, roomy and very comfortable bed. Great view of the harbor from the restaurant.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis W
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Great hotel location to get to the various best sights in Vancouver! Rooms spacious and the views of the harbour and over to Grouse mountain area are just the best.
There is a swimming pool and gym area which is great for a city centre hotel.
I would definately recommend a stay here.
Felt completely safe and could walk to everthing we needed.
I wish they included breakfast in the room price though.

Room Tip: Rooms with views of the harbour are a must.