“Very nice stay”

Ranked #39 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the night of our company Christmas party being held at the convention center. We booked through hotwire and were extremely impressed by the quality of the hotel for the price we paid. The check-in was smooth and friendly. We were able to check in an hour early as arranged over the phone prior to arriving. The valet held our keys while we checked in so that we could arrange self-parking rather than valet as we were in a 'drop off only' area and he would make sure we were ok while checking in. Our room was a little small but in very nice condition with a very modern bathroom. The patio door was very hard to slide open and closed and I was never 100% sure the door was fully closed but that was the only issue we had. We made use of the pool and hot tub which were indoors and clean but definitely showing their age somewhat. The gym was well stocked with equipment. The location was great as it's very close to the convention center and Coal Harbor. Having a room on the lower price of what they offer, I was still very impressed. I did sneak a few peeks of the rooms across the hall while housekeeping had the door wide open and the views were amazing. I would definitely consider asking about the price for a room with a view next time. Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The staff is very helpful and friendly. However, the elevators were in very poor working order(railing falling off in elevators, buttons were not working and one stopped working altogether), parking is very scary if you own a vehicle over 5.5' (very low clearance), I got a rash from the hot tub (it was extremely dirty) and it is very noisy throughout the night with another building being built nearby. The shower in the room was also very touchy for hot and cold. The hotel is in dire need of updating as there is a lot of cosmetic damage throughout the building. Given the state of the hotel I would not stay there again.

1 Thank VicTraveller2013
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Perfectly located in the very center of Vancouver: a few blocks from Waterfront terminal station of metro Canada Line, city buses are on the next street going south, a couple blocks away from cruise terminal, and just a block away from waterfront with nice walking area - great for jogging. Stanley Park is within walking distance. Urban Fare shop 3 min. away.

The hotel was clean and well maintained, both hotel interior and the rooms. Bathroom was spotless. Room facilities are also very good. Besides bed, there is also a small sofa with night table, and great desk for work, with both wired and wireless interned connection (not included in room price). There is also an espresso machine and a small selection of coffee and tea, refilled every day.
I took a room overlooking the harbor (~20CAD more per day), but it was worth the view, which was spectacular. The room was also very quiet, ideal for business trip, when I had to work a bit more in the afternoons / evenings.

Can't tell much about hotel restaurant, as I was dining outside. I had breakfast in at the Club level, the selection of food was very good.

Staff was friendly and very helpful. Any requests / questions I had were addressed immendiately.

One thing that bothered me a bit was WiFi . In the room, once connected and authorised, it worked quite fast , but once an hour or two I had to re-login again with my password. This was a bit annoying at times.
WiFI was also available outside rooms, with different password. Also, the WiFi costs 15 CAD / day extra to the room price. I came from Europe, and I am normally used to hotels providing WiFi free of chargé for such room price.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel - both the hotel itself and its location are perfrct for business stay in Vancouver.

Room Tip: I recommend taking room with view on the harbor. Slightly more expensive (~20CAD), but the view fro...
1 Thank BoguslawC
Central NJ
Reviewed 14 November 2013

During a recent work trip to Vancouver, I decided to try this Renaissance. While the front desk staff and bell hops were extremely courteous and eager to provide good service, I was disappointed in my room and overall cleanliness and upkeep of the areas outside of the lobby. One of my 'gold standards' of a hotel is how quiet the rooms are, and how much or little you can hear from your neighbor(s). The room I had failed this miserably. Not only did the hallway noise seem to reverberate, but I could hear everything from my neighbor's TV to their business in the bathroom. Ugh.
I also did not like my 'harbor' view, as the hotel is set back and between two other buildings, which does not offer much of a panoramic vista. My room also had what seemed to be a former balcony, where the inside sliding doors were permanently locked off from a concrete enclosure with another set of glass doors/windows on the outside. It was an odd look.
The offering in the Concierge lounge in the evening was average.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bonvoyage74
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel.
It is very well located. The rooms are very nice. Very modern and super clean. Bed is comfortable, windows can be opened.
I loved the gym, it is very nice with enough equipment to get a great workout. They also have a pool and a jacuzzi.
I had access to the lounge, where they serve breakfast and snacks in the evening. The staff are very polite and helpful.
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and I would recommend it!

Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed at his hotel during my holidays to BC, it was the last stop of my trip. The best of this hotel, was the view from my room, which faces the Vancouver Habrour and the Stanley Park. My son loves planes so he was very happy to see the airplanes taking off just from the room.
The room is always clean,with nice furniture.
The staff is great, there is a Concierge from Chile, I can't remeber her name, but she was very helpful. The doorman was also very attentive, he rememberd our names every time we met at the lobby, unfortunately I can't remember his name.
The location of this hotel is just perfect for business, or pleasure, considering it's located a few blocks away from the Convention Center, from the Sea airport terminal, and right into Downtown.

My only suggestion for the hotel managment is to do something in order to make the lobby smells nicer. Maybe I had bad luck, and pehaps the kitchen from the Bistro Restaurant was cocking something which makes the lobby smells wired. After a couple days there you may get used to, it's not a bid deal, but it was my first impression.

Other than the hotel was perfect, and If I would visit Vancouver again, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: If you like the views of Vancouver mountains and ocean, ask for a room facing the Harbour.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EduardPM
Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
Reviewed 2 November 2013

amazing place, nice view and friendly people, the hotel is located in west Hastings street which is very near to Granville street and downtown.
There is a fast internet for free in the lobby and you may got one in your room for around 10 bucks per day.
The conference halls are good with nice facilities and big space.
The most near places you must go there are Stanley park, Vancouver aquarium, Vancouver lookout tower.

Room Tip: try rooms with sea view
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business