“Good hotel for pre-Cruise”

The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront
Ranked #39 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at the Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside for two nights while awaiting our cruise to Alaska.

Overall, this was a good hotel that didn't do anything wrong - but it wasn't impressive in terms of its rooms, its restaurant, or its common spaces. That may have led me to give this an 'average' rating - but this hotel has three things going for it:
1) Its location is great - we could walk to anything in a short amount of time - including the cruise terminal. Plus, it was great to watch the sea planes land from my room.
2) Its club lounge had much higher quality food than I've seen in most other hotels in the Marriott chain (except for Ritz Carltons, of course). Each presentation had multiple, well-prepared options and even in between presentations, there were always well-stocked drink and snack options. Unfortunately, that is not the norm in the Marriott chain.
3) The staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful. From Alex in concierge to the friendly and accommodating front desk clerk we met at the beginning - everyone was friendly. Even when the waitress told us we couldn't order breakfast or lunch during a 'middle period' in the morning, she said it in a very friendly way and offered us options outside of the hotel.

Would I stay here again? Yes. Would I go out of my way to do so or make a special occasion out of it? No. All in all, a solid choice in Vancouver.

Room Tip: High floor facing the harbor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had the BEST time at this hotel. We were in Vancouver for a few days while we toured the Pacific NW. The hotel was perfect. Given were from the States and had cell roaming charges, we relied on the Navigator to help us find our way. They were so helpful. Tons of maps ready to go. Great advice for spots to stop at and spots to skip. Very informative. The rest of the staff, front desk, bellman, ect, were SO helpful and friendly. Not a single bad experience. Everyone was ready to help or offer a suggestion. Great restaurant tips.

The room was very nice, clean and spacious. Big windows showed off the hotel's crown jewel - the view. The views of the harbor were AMAZING. Literally couldn't get a better spot. Location was very convenient. We did have to cab it to Yaletown but were able to walk to Gastown pretty easily. There were also some great harbor spots were stopped at to grab a drink which were very close. The Olympic torch was only a few blocks away.

We ate breakfast in the restaurant downstairs. It was great. Perfect to start the day off right. Loved the outside tables as well.

Overall, it was a great experience. We will be back as soon as possible!

Room Tip: Harbor views were beautiful, but I can't imagine there is a bad view in the house. I would ask...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I recently spent three nights at this hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The bed was amazingly comfortable. The toiletries are Aveda - my favorite. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location, just on Coal Harbor, is ideal. The room was a good size and tastefully appointed. I could hear adjacent noises, but nothing too bothersome. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank JD28204
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Positives:
- good location
- friendly staff

Negatives
- hotel lobby is under staffed. Only two people working at the front desk. I noticed a long line throughout the day.
- not enough computers available to print boarding passes. Had to wait.
- room really small
- small lobby was just crazy throughout the day. Too many people for a small space
- room needs to be updated
- pricing too high given all the negatives

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kevin M, Manager at The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Stephen,

Our staff and our location are definitely two of our greatest assets that we hear about all the time. Yes, as you mention our entrance lobby can be a little hectic on busy arrival and departure days, especially now that we are in the middle of our busy summer season here in Vancouver and I’m sorry to see this had a negative impact on your stay. As for our guest rooms we do have a variety to choose from including suites and I do hope you have the opportunity to join us again to experience one and enjoy the fantastic views they offer.

Regards,

Kevin Miller
Director of Operations

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here on the 30th June after a trip on the Rocky Mountaineer. Excellent helpful waiter for dinner and room good. Returned here on 4th July for one night prior to our flight home to the UK. A very different experience. Staff were not so helpful and they could not fit us in for breakfast. The 30 minute wait they suggested would take us beyond the breakfast time. We went to the Marriott Pinnacle over the road where they were welcoming and we enjoyed a delicious breakfast. This was an upsetting experience for our last meal in Canada in what had been a wonderful holiday.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Liz,

Nice to see you had more than one opportunity to join us for the Canadian portion of your trip. Of course I’m happy to see your comments about our excellent waiter but not happy to see we could not accommodate you for breakfast on the last day of your stay. Yes we do have a very busy restaurant which sometimes requires a brief wait and I do apologize for not being able to seat you in a timely manner. Should you be back in Vancouver in the near future we do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in both our hotel and in our p2b Bistro.

Regards,

Kevin Miller
Director of Operations

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Well wasn't I lucky to have stayed here yet again getting ready to head of on an Alaskan cruise. We stayed 2 nights this time and the room was super, beds comfy and shower great. Views over the water so you can watch the sea planes coming and going.
Breakfast is pricey...hubby and I went to Urban Cafe one morning while my Inlaws had the buffet at the hotel. I am sorry but $60 for breaky for 2 is a bit steep in my eyes!!
Location to Stanley Park is perfect. You can also walk to cruise ship dock and check out the Winter Olympic torch.
I would stay here again but get breaky elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We come to Vancouver at least once per year. This time we booked the room via last minute travel club and got an awesome deal considering the time of year with prom nights, weddings and Canada day. When we checked in, we got upgraded to theit harbourside room with free Internet for 30 bucks. All the staff was very courteous and professional. The room has a direct view of the water, spacious and clean. Their fitness center is great. Opens 24 hrs a day with free towels, a hot tub, and a pool. The pool is great for kids with the lowest side of 2'6". No life guard though. Oh btw, they even provide earphones for you to plug into the machine so you can watch tv or music. Cool!!! The hotel is only steps away from the Stanley park. 6 blocks away from the Robson street. 5 blocks from the grand central Station. Just an awesome location. However, there are not much of a selection of restaurants. Just go down to Robson and have a good feast there :) If you like Asian food, the Tropika (thai and malaysian) and ChangQing (Chinese Schezuan style) are awesome. They do have steakhouses and burger joins if you want...we were happy campers :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family