“Disappointing”

The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront
Ranked #40 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

After staying with Marriot & Coast hotels in BC, tried here for a change....big mistake. Queues at check in, queues for breakfast & an extra $6 for a cappuccino? slow service and a grumpy bar manager that insisted that we couldn't use the empty balcony on a warm evening. Add to that rough towels, empty mini bar, 10mins to retrieve my car from the valet. Rooms nice enough but I would advise you use the Marriot opposite.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lee B
AsstOpsMgr, Guest Relations Manager at The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Lee B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. I greatly appreciate the feedback, as it is this information that helps us to improve our service. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at Bryan.Watson@renaissancehotels.com so I may find out further details regarding your experience. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and to display the high level of service that is typical of our hotel.

Warm Regards,

Bryan

Write a ReviewReviews (3,807)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was at our annual Epicure Selections Conference at the Vancouver Convention Ctr. Staying at the Renaissance Vancouver was just a few stone throws away. Many of our Consultants, Leaders & Directors stayed at this location as well. I arrived before check in time and was able to keep my luggage secure until access to our room. Wow, one of the door men opened the cab door before I had to. That was so nice because my hands were full of many other things. The pool was lots of fun and our view of the bay was just so beautiful. At the end of our stay our invoices were slid under the door and we were all paid up. So no line ups downstairs in the lobby. Parking was secure even with posted "Do not leave anything in your car"(or something like that)

Room Tip: Either side would be great I am sure. Just a note not certain if Museums is close, I do know Vancouv...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Overall had a good hotel experience. They charge your card as soon as you book it so you're kind of in for whatever; but I would book it again. They upgraded us to a bay view room on check in and that was very nice. Friendly staff and efficient check in. Room was commodious and nice facilities with pool and hot tub. Breakfast cost me $127 for my family of 4 but was nice food and service. close to Canada cruise ship terminal. close to Vancouver Seawall. We flew in from Louisiana so we were ready for bed about 2100 local time. unfortunately were forced to hear the conversation of guests staying in room next to us when we were ready to sleep. They were not speaking loudly so I couldn't really complain. Just wish the hotel had more insulation in the walls. If you stay here, I recommend you speak softly in your hotel room especially if speaking about anything you prefer to keep private.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here in late-May for 3 nights for an international conference and found the hotel good from a "value" perspective. While it is not a 4- or 5-star property compared to its competitors (two Fairmonts and Marriott Pinnacle) close by, it is functional in terms of good food, comfortable if a bit tired rooms and a nice gym along with prime access to the trail into gorgeous Stanley Park. However, it's ability to host a convention is questioned given the dingyness of some of its space, especially below ground level and when the hotel is full and running multiple conventions, the elevators are quite slow.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Salima L, Front Office Manager at The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, as your comments are very much valued and appreciated. I am glad you had the opportunity to eat in our hotel at the fabulous p2b Bistro & Bar and enjoy the beautiful seawall in Stanley Park. Our location is definitely one of our biggest assets!

Our commitment to investing in our property will continue throughout the year, including updates to the elevators. We appreciate your business, and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you and solicit more feedback at your convenience. My email address is salima.ladha@renaissancehotels.com, and my direct line is 604-691-2760.

Warmest Regards,
Salima Ladha
Operations Manager, Rooms

Reviewed 17 July 2014

A very good hotel in a great location. Very friendly and courteous staff. Nice restaurant in the lobby. Rooms could use a little updating, especially in the bathrooms. Rooms near the elevators are especially noisy, but away from the elevators are fairly well sound insulated. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing Coal Harbor but away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We paid the extra for a room that looked through to the harbour with the seaplane station on the right. It was well worth it. We then ordered room service in the morning with the door open onto the small balcony and looked out onto the view eating our breakfast. However, for the class of hotel the Restuarant was not expensive and matched many of the normal eating places outside. It is obviously close to the waterfront and also to downtown. Enjoyed the stay and would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great views, good location, staff were fantastic, friendly & very helpful. Rooms spacious clean N tidy, very comfortable bed. The restaurant was very nice, great views.Urban Cafe is down the road, good food with free WiFi. Everything is within walking distance: Stanley Park, Gastown, Vancouver Place, railway station. One block away from a variety of shops.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo