“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunset Inn and Suites

Sunset Inn and Suites
Ranked #13 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Winter Garden, Florida
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The staff at this hotel were super friendly and accommodating! The location is fabulous, very convenient! Walking distance to everything! Free parking! If I ever go back to Vancouver, I would not stay anywhere else!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Watkins Glen, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here July 26th & 27th. I originally booked for one night and then changed my mind and booked a second, both online. I thought I had booked the same room. I sent the hotel an e-mail asking them to combine the reservations. They e-mail me back right away, but unfortunately I didn't see it in my inbox until about a week later. They explained that they could not combine the reservations as I had booked two different room types. I emailed them back asking if I could book the same room type for both nights. They e-mailed me back immediately and said that neither room was available but that I could upgrade to a larger room, but if I didn't want to do that they would move all of our luggage from one room to the other. I didn't bother with the upgrade figuring we could handle the switch. When we got to the hotel they gave us the upgrade for free! The room, actually a suite was very nice, two separate rooms, a bedroom a living room and a full size kitchen.The kitchen was completely stocked. I have been to many hotels with kitchenettes where you get two plates a spoon or two and if you are lucky a knife and fork, no bowls or cookware. This kitchen had everything. I really could have made a meal if I wanted. The breakfast is free, the wi-fi is free and the parking is free. The staff was incredibly nice. The hotel is older but they do a great job of keeping it up. The price for Vancouver was incredibly reasonable and you could not ask for a better location in the city. They are located in the west end and close to everything. If I ever went back to Vancouver I would definitely stay there. My sister, who lives in Seattle after hearing my glowing comments says that she will stay there. I am pretty picky, so she knows if I say it's great, it really must be.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is a nice hotel located in the southern/west end of Vancouver, walking distance to the beach and Stanley Park. I was most impressed with the staff behind the desk-- knowledgeable and friendly, one recommended a great tour given by Landsea Tours. My teens and I really enjoyed it. The hotel is close to the Rainbow District with its excellent ethnic restaurants. The inside of the hotel (rooms and hallways) need updating. Also, because it is in busy area there is outside noise (sirens and for now, from renovation of the building next door to the hotel). My family also stayed one night at the Hyatt Regency in Vancouver which is more centrally located to the shopping district, and I found that hotel quieter as well as more modern. One final thing about the Sunset Inn is the bathroom is very small. On the other hand, it can be nice for a family to have a separate bedroom also a small living room area.

Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel is in a great location...Easy walking to the beach, shopping and restaurants...The people working the front desk are extremely helpful...The parking is free and breakfast is included..I plan on staying here in the future..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great location, nearby shops, bars, and restaurants, Sunset beach. Sleep was disturb by the outside noise, double glazing may help. Was great to have a full kitchen. Front desk staff were extremely helpful in suggesting things to do.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Had a lovely experience at Sunset Inn and Suites, we arrived early afternoon having came from Aberdeen, Scotland with our 11 year old grand-daughter. We had a very warm welcome from Dave who introduced himself and asked us our names too.
We were on the third floor and the suite was marvelous, large king size bed with a very comfy mattress and lovely pillows, loads of storage space and a safe too.
Nice size sitting room, dining area and long galley kitchen, fully equipped for all your needs, even down to kitchen paper, tea towel and washing up liquid, very thoughtful.
The bath was nice and low which made the shower easier to access (well for me anyway), the towels were plentiful and luscious and soft. The whole place was spotless, the maid service was excellent, the front desk staff were very helpful, and the lovely Arabella was a delight.
There was lots of little things which made our stay very comfortable indeed, from the free light breakfast, the jelly beans, laundry, free parking to name a few. Fab location, loads of restaurants in the area and great public transport. Couldn't recommend this enough, well worth a visit.

Grenagh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

you have very friendly front desk representative, I truly value that !! especially when I had a family crisis that I could not go on to my vacation after I book your hotel room with nonrefundable credit and you still credited me!! I really do appreciate that!!