Sylvia Hotel
Hotels.com
US$365
US$327
  • Restaurant
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$279
Fairmont Waterfront(Vancouver)
US$595
US$559
US$340
US$315
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Blue Horizon Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$278
US$589
US$502
Travelocity
1,568 results
All reviewsstanley parkoverlooking english bayhistoric hoteldenman streetwest endthere is no air conditioningsea wallgranville islandan older hotelcan't beat the locationamazing locationlots of restaurantscorner roomvisit vancouverfew blocksloungeseawall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Although no longer the top place in town the hotel has a historic charm. Our room was large and comfortable but lacked modern conveniences such as a coffee maker and air con. However the location is great if you want to explore Stanley Park and English Bay but a little further out from the attractions of Gas town and Downtown. We enjoyed this more peaceful location. The hotel bar has great views and good prices for a city location.

• Stayed: September 2011
rdyck, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

Like many others have commented, our location is great if you want to be near the beach, Stanley Park and close to downtown. We have so many room types to meet everyone’s needs. Thank-you for seeing the value we offer and letting others know about your experience.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Second time I've stayed at the Sylvia, grew up in Vancouver and the Sylvia has always had a special place in my heart..coming back as an adult I decided to stay with 2 other girlfriends for 4 nights.
Comfortable spacious room, fantastic location across from English Bay.
Staff very friendly and helpful...Good choice of tasty breakfasts.
Appreciated the use of the free computer in the lobby.
The only criticism (if you could call it one) we wished tea and coffee facility was in our room..got to have that coffee first thing!!

Room Tip: Corner suite was very spacious
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Thank-you for the positive review, breakfast is always a busy time at the Sylvia for locals as well as hotel guests. We provide coffee in the lobby before the restaurant opens as a convenience to our guests and after the restaurant opens we also offer room service to get coffee up to your room for the first cup of the day. Thank-you for returning after so many years and hope that it is not long before we see you again.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

Oh, yeah! Our room was small, upgraded bathroom, no coffeemaker, frig, etc which is a fine trade for price. Comfortable 'living room-type' lobby with free computer use (we didn't use free wifi), very helpful front desk staff, and bar/restaurant overlooking English Bay were all great. The location, two short blocks from intersection of Denman and Davie (two main streets in West End, with easy public transit), a Hop-on/Hop-off trolley stop across the street, and right next to Stanley Park made our 4-day stay very enjoyable! Walkable to dozens of restaurants and the ferry to Granville Island. We'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank-you for your comments about the service, I will pass along your comments to my crew, they enjoy hearing what our guests are saying about their work. I agree with you that the location is first rate and comforts of the hotel are like home. You said that you will be back and we will be ready to welcome you back

Reviewed 1 October 2011

Beautiful location,, The hotel front desk was very accommodating. I loved the antique structure amazed by the creative artistic displays .i took lots of photos for sure . The packed deal at this time of year blew me away for the amount of luxury's that was provided while i stayed at the Sylvia Hotel . I was intrigued by all the ivy. Loved the breakfast overlooking the ocean. all meal prices were affordable and classy and delicious. I really enjoyed the down time in the evening, while in the pub listening to live jazz while sitting by the fireplace sipping on tea .The hotel rooms were clean comfortable lots of pillows slept like a queen overlooking the boat house and all the busy people passing by on the street below . A must see and experience. looking forward to staying for Sylvia s 100 birthday . I heard through the grape vine a new promotion and experience per month for the whole year.

Room Tip: Just staying at the Sylvia Hotel was like taking in a part of heritage, this is not just like any other hotel for sure.so I am sure any room would have its own adventure all on its own to experience and enjoy.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicole H

Thank-you for your high scores, I am always so happy to hear that my Guests enjoy their stay. I like the fact that you had the time to enjoy the food and Beverage areas of the hotel, the views are great and the live entertainment on Thursdays draw a great crowd. I hope to see you again soon on your return visit.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

We stayed one night for a short trip to Vancouver to see friends, who routinely stay at this hotel. It's what everyone says: a bit funky (ok, the property is 100 years old), but our room was updated and fairly comfortable, in a standard mid-range kind of way. We overlooked a leafy, quiet side street; the windows were openable (a big plus for us). Bathroom pretty basic, but clean and manageable. I was most impressed by the staff. They seem very well trained, knowledgeable; they did everything they could to be helpful. A good price for this location.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank 8travelbug
rdyck, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2011

As the General Manager I love the fact that guests appreciate my crew, we spend allot of time making sure that at the end of the day our Guests have a good experience. It starts with hiring good people. Issues with the hotel being older is something that we work on improving every year, but in the end, we have great service, the best location in the city and we offer a sense of pride in what we do. Thank-you for your comments, I will be passing them along to the staff