Sylvia Hotel
Granville Island Hotel(Vancouver)
US$396
US$336
  • Restaurant
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$381
US$369
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$284
US$257
Orbitz.com
US$492
US$411
1,577 results
All reviewsstanley parkoverlooking english bayhistoric hoteldenman streetwest endthere is no air conditioningsea wallgranville islandan older hotelcan't beat the locationamazing locationlots of restaurantscorner roomvisit vancouverfew blocksloungeseawall
Reviewed 5 October 2012

This is a traditional hoteland with a room overlooking English Bay we were well placed to enjoy Vancouver and recover from the flight. Pleasant, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfasts were a bit mass-produced.
Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
rdyck, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Thank-you for your comments and taking the time to write a review. Happy to read that you will return, we will look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

The location was great. It houses a fine restaurant. The staff were friendly and informative. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The building is quiet and the climate was great. Lots of Character. You could spend hours just watching the people and traffic.

Room Tip: Request a Bay side view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
rdyck, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank-you for your comments, location, location need I say more? I agree my work very hard to ensure that every guest enjoys their stay. People watching are one of my favorite things to do in the area, so much going on. Sit on a bench across the street or sit the lounge and watch Vancouver people do what they do best, be active. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

It feel like an older European hotel. Lots of character, a great pub with Thursday night entertainment. Easy walking distance to other restaurants and sidewalk coffee cafes. The best part is - it's just down the way from the sea wall of Stanley Park; if you love to walk this is for you. If it's not raining you will see the most amazing sunsets over the ocean; there are many park benches on the beach to enjoy the end of the day

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean. They have underground parking for a small fee.
1  Thank CanadaCypress
rdyck, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Thank-you for writing, I could put your entire review in our brochure. This month the sun sets have been fantastic. Parking is $15.00 per night (1/2 of what other parking charges are in the area.) FYI

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I had a friend visiting from London, England and we had only one night in Vancouver so HAD to stay at the Sylvia. I requested a water view when I made my reservation and our room was fabulous. A corner unit on the 7th floor with four windows... three overlooking English Bay and one with an interesting cityscape. The room was clean and bright and the staff very friendly. We had breakfast in our room (very tasty) so as not to miss a moment of the great view. Our only slight disappointment was that the room had no coffee maker and no kettle for tea.

1  Thank Jackie B

Welcome, happy to hear that your friend from London enjoyed their stay. The views from the 7th and 8th floors are a spectacular, large window that open and keeps the fresh air flowing thru the room keeping everything fresh. Thanks for mentioning my staff and the great service they offer. They all work hard and I believe very good at their jobs. I appreciate all of them.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

We stayed in the Sylvia because it was so highly recommended. Our expectations may have been a little high. From the exterior the hotel is impressive and stately and ivy-covered. The best I can say of the decor in our room was that it was clean. The bedspreads, the furniture and the fittings in the bathroom were dated and downright homely. For so highly rated a hotel I guess I thought the room should be a little nice-looking. We stayed in a room with 2 queen-sized beds and a kitchenette. We had everything we needed, but it wasn't a room I wanted to linger in at all. That worked out fine, as we were in Vancouver to see the sights.
The hotel is in a great location if you're interested in seeing Stanley Park. We rented bicycles and rode them on the trail that circles the park. It was a beautiful ride. If you are interested in keeping the cost of your hotel low and staying close to the park I would point you towards the Sylvia.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

I would like to thank the person that recommended the Sylvia Hotel to you, could you pass along a thank-you for me. We are a heritage site and the hotel is 100 years old. Comfortable and clean are things all Manager want to hear about their property. The kitchen units are all fully stocked with everything you would need. Hope your family stays with us again soon.