Sylvia Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
1,566 results
All reviewsstanley parkoverlooking english bayhistoric hoteldenman streetwest endthere is no air conditioningsea wallgranville islandan older hotelcan't beat the locationamazing locationlots of restaurantscorner roomvisit vancouverfew blocksloungeseawall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We recently stayed at the sylvia hotel as we had a wedding to attend in stanley park, the sylvia was conveniently located and our room was great. The manager and the staff were very friendly and accomodating. We will stay at the sylvia hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
rdyck, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Thanks for giving my crew accolades for the friendly service they offered while you stayed with us. So happy to read that you will be back. I hope you enjoyed the wine (nice picture you posted with your review) As the Manager I appreciate the mention as well.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

I stayed at the Sylvia from July 28th to the 31st, 2012. The staff was excellent – very friendly and helpful and polite and just great customer service all around. It was my first time in B.C., so before I came (I am from Ontario) I would call the hotel periodically to ask about local attractions, the weather, etc. Everyone I talked to was, again, super helpful and polite and great.

Actually, I found that everything about the hotel was great. The restaurant, the room we stayed in, the location (right on the beach, walking distance to Stanley Park)….everything was perfect. I loved the old-school charm of the place too.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Great review of the service offered by my staff, I will be posting your comments in the lunch room for the staff to read. I feel that they are all terrific. Happy to see that you feel the same way. We all look forward to serving you again, hopefully soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

This is a traditional hoteland with a room overlooking English Bay we were well placed to enjoy Vancouver and recover from the flight. Pleasant, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfasts were a bit mass-produced.
Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
rdyck, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Thank-you for your comments and taking the time to write a review. Happy to read that you will return, we will look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

The location was great. It houses a fine restaurant. The staff were friendly and informative. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The building is quiet and the climate was great. Lots of Character. You could spend hours just watching the people and traffic.

Room Tip: Request a Bay side view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
rdyck, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank-you for your comments, location, location need I say more? I agree my work very hard to ensure that every guest enjoys their stay. People watching are one of my favorite things to do in the area, so much going on. Sit on a bench across the street or sit the lounge and watch Vancouver people do what they do best, be active. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

It feel like an older European hotel. Lots of character, a great pub with Thursday night entertainment. Easy walking distance to other restaurants and sidewalk coffee cafes. The best part is - it's just down the way from the sea wall of Stanley Park; if you love to walk this is for you. If it's not raining you will see the most amazing sunsets over the ocean; there are many park benches on the beach to enjoy the end of the day

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean. They have underground parking for a small fee.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CanadaCypress
rdyck, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Thank-you for writing, I could put your entire review in our brochure. This month the sun sets have been fantastic. Parking is $15.00 per night (1/2 of what other parking charges are in the area.) FYI