I drove from Vancouver airport and the sat nav system took me via Vancouver city centre and along West & East Hastings Street. I have travelled the World and seen many sights however I have never seen so many homeless, drug addicts lining the street. I have to be honest I was thinking what have I done booking a hotel on such a street. Thankfully as I got nearer the hotel the area changed and was only slightly dodgy rather than down right dodgy.
The hotel didn't look much from the outside but I parked the car in the secure gated car park and took the elevator to reception. The hotel staff were excellent and I was allocated a room at the back of the hotel. The room was large and included a king size bed and settee. However the downside was that it was dark, the weather didn't help, and the lighting in the room was very poor. On the good side once the clouds lifted the view was spectacular looking over the mountains.
The room was quiet and the bed comfortable and the internet was free. The free breakfast was a typical North American buffet of cereals, bread and muffins along with tea and coffee.
The internet was rather erratic and the hotel had to call the provider to sort it out. The staff were very helpful and the situation was sorted out very quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'You'll Love It In Here' at our Vancouver Hotel. The Atrium Inn Vancouver is located minutes from downtown Vancouver. Our boutique-style hotel is close to everything in Vancouver. Are you searching for a pet friendly, Vancouver hotel near fun and exciting attractions? When you stay at the Atrium Inn Vancouver you can catch a game at the Pacific Coliseum, venture to PNE and Playland, or explore Stanley Park. Smart business travelers enjoy staying in our Vancouver hotel suites or executive rooms. Our location off Trans Canada Highway 1 makes it easy to get to meetings. Rogers Sugar, ECOMM, Metrotown, BCIT and other businesses are nearby. Make your event a success with our meeting rooms and A/V rental equipment. With free high-speed, wireless Internet access, you'll have a productive stay in Vancouver. You can burn calories at our fitness centre, get a good night's rest on our triple-sheeted beds, and start the morning with a buffet breakfast with hot and cold items. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atrium Inn Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Vancouver Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Vancouver