Atrium Inn Vancouver
Hazelwood Hotel(Vancouver)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
Lonsdale Quay Hotel(North Vancouver)
  • Restaurant
All reviewspress boxhastings streetfree breakfastsecure underground parkingfree shuttleroom was cleanshuttle servicehot breakfastyogurtfront desk staffdowntown areapublic transportationcanada placecruise terminalpneplaylandpacific
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Good/Average room. Pleasant atmosphere and fairly clean. Mid-week was banned from having muffins. Apparently taking 4 muffins for a family of 3 was too much. Had to go to Starbucks to eat for the remainder of the week. Will never be back.

Room Tip: Fairly small rooms. Small hotel - 6 floors.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason H
Brian W, Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Vancouver!

We are sincerely sorry to hear of the issue you experienced regarding the breakfast. Unfortunately we were not made aware of this issue and could therefore do nothing to amend the situation for you. We strive to do everything possible to make our guest's stay as enjoyable as possible, so in the future please consider informing a front desk agent if there is ever any problem.

We hope you'll choose to stay with us again!

-Brian Wood
Manager On Duty
Holiday Inn Express Vancouver

Reviewed 3 November 2011

A colleague of mine and I stayed here, as we were attending a show at the PNE. Location was great, because we were right across the street from the PNE. The property is also not far from food, shopping (like Walmart), etc. The free breakfast buffet was ample and decent. This property also has a shuttle to the hotel, but its schedule is not great... it runs every 2 hours starting at, I believe, 8 am.

The staff were great though, try as they may, they could not do anything about the almost non-existent wireless internet for the 2 days I was there. Quality internet is among my top three Must-Haves when I travel. However, the staff did take a couple of bucks off my bill, which was a great gesture for something that was out of their hands. They tell me they have a new system coming in not too far down the road.

So despite being extremely aggravated by slow to non-existent internet, I still rate this property quite well for the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, the cleanliness of the property, the beds being comfy, a decent breakfast buffet, etc. I will stay here again... though I may call ahead and double-check the Wi-Fi has been improved before I do.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MisterBungle
Brian W, Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Vancouver!

We would like to apologize for your frustrations with the wireless internet service. We realize that a strong and steady internet connection is a high priority for many of our guests, and we are actively implementing a permanent, long-term solution.

Again, we are glad you enjoyed your stay at our property and we'll certainly hope to see you the next time you're in Vancouver!

Cheers,

-Brian Wood
Manager On Duty
Holiday Inn Express Vancouver

Reviewed 11 October 2011

I drove from Vancouver airport and the sat nav system took me via Vancouver city centre and along West & East Hastings Street. I have travelled the World and seen many sights however I have never seen so many homeless, drug addicts lining the street. I have to be honest I was thinking what have I done booking a hotel on such a street. Thankfully as I got nearer the hotel the area changed and was only slightly dodgy rather than down right dodgy.

The hotel didn't look much from the outside but I parked the car in the secure gated car park and took the elevator to reception. The hotel staff were excellent and I was allocated a room at the back of the hotel. The room was large and included a king size bed and settee. However the downside was that it was dark, the weather didn't help, and the lighting in the room was very poor. On the good side once the clouds lifted the view was spectacular looking over the mountains.

The room was quiet and the bed comfortable and the internet was free. The free breakfast was a typical North American buffet of cereals, bread and muffins along with tea and coffee.

The internet was rather erratic and the hotel had to call the provider to sort it out. The staff were very helpful and the situation was sorted out very quickly.

Room Tip: Always look to stay in a room at the back away from the road.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Neil F
Reviewed 30 September 2011

It's a holiday inn express and that's exactly what it is. It has a distinct feel of a ramada inn (slightly cheaper hotel) that was renovated 80% of the way. For example, the balconies are forgotten and completely bare. The big plus of this place is it s clean, cheap for Vancouver and they have an amazing free shuttle service that takes you to the big attractions. Oh and breakfast is included. A thumbs up overall. This hotel is out of the way, but vc is a small city so its an easy 10 min drive into the center.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 29 September 2011

As a senior woman travelling alone I would like to say that while I was a guest of HI Express at 2889 East Hastings I felt well looked after. The staff was very attentive to my needs and I felt safe and secure while a guest there. The room I was assigned was clean and comfortable and I was well rested on my awakening each morning.
I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely being staying there again on my next trip to Vancouver.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo