“Would stay here again in a flash !”

Atrium Inn Vancouver
Ranked #60 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed her for three nights including over a weekend.It was very quiet . The staff were uniformly helpful . The hot breakfast was notable. Certainly, the best "hot free hotel" breakfast we have had. Served in a very nice, non rectangular, softly lit space with excellent food ( eggs, bacon, pancakes, muffins).
The rooms are very clean. One can tell that they have been in use for a number of years. Nice walk adajacent to the hotel on the grounds of park and grounds of Pacific Coliseum, around the area of PNE and surrounding neighbourhoods. Liquor store with great wine selection one block away.
We valued the quiet, clean friendliness of our stay. Great value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank rkmahar
Daryl S, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for your staying with us, Holiday Inn Express - Vancouver! We appreciate your business and Thank you for the great comment on the Staff. We hope that your next visit in Vancouver, you will once again choose us, the Holiday Inn Vancouver!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Everything was great of this one night stay. So convinent after finished a concert at Pacific Coliseum next door. My room number was 418. It's at the backside of the building away from the traffic. The north shore snowy mountains view was so beautiful! The only thing I didn't like was the hair dryer: One hand must press on the on buttom while blowing, so no spare hand to flip my hair to dry! There are many restaurants and coffee shops around the Hasting-Sunrise neighbourhood. I even had a nice affordable hair cut close by. The free breakfast was ok, included cold boil eggs, hot scramble egg, bacon, pancake and biscuit plus other continental items. I will surely stay here again for future booked concert.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room at the back side offer great mountains view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Ivoryfarm
Daryl S, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for your staying with us, Holiday Inn Express - Vancouver! We appreciate your business.We have had the hairdryer situation corrected and hope that your future stays in Vancouver you will once again choose us, the Holiday Inn Vancouver!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The underground parking was a pain; narrow and dangerous. The mattress needs to go as the springs are starting to show and felt it when I lay down. Lots of water leakage on the ceiling and other customers have no shame smoking "medicinal herb" in the hallway even though it's considered a NON-SMOKING area. Customer service was not pleasant as well; she was very passive to customers. It was not a pleasure to stay in this hotel. I do not recommend staying in here. at all. Definitely not worth your money!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank snguyen2003
Daryl S, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am very disappointed that we were unable to provide you with a comfortable stay and outstanding guest service.
We are presently planning renovations, which includes changing of mattress. We hope to have this completed in the very near future.
We are a non smoking hotel and have area to smoke as set by the Vancouver bylaw. This, to my knowledge includes medical reason.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I like to try out different locations and hotels when I am travelling , and I have not been to East Hastings before, so that's why I stayed here. Another reason, I like to run, so this a good area to explore. I was upgraded, and I was quite happy with the room. I took the bus into the city center, and it was cheap and easy. If you don't like the breakfast, it is a Starbucks just outside on your right , where you can fill up . I also enjoyed the view to the mountains !

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank N0rwegianTravellers

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, I am happy that like your room and hope that we have an opportunity to service you again in your future stays in Vancouver

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Our room was on the 4th floor facing the Burger King parking lot. Traffic noise from East Hastings did not bother us, but holy smokes the noise from the heater was enough to wake up the dead! (And we needed the heat the nights we were there, due to record-breaking cold snap.) Breakfast area was crowded the times we were there @ 8AM, it could sure use an overflow area. But the food was very adequate, no complaints there. Room was dated but clean. Most of the electrical outlets did not work, so we couldn't use the coffee maker. The desk chair was dirty and on its last legs, I wondered if they picked it up from the back alley. I liked having to swipe the room key to access the parkade and the room floor, adds security. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, I mentioned the name of a relative that was arriving the next night and said it would be great if we were close to each other and he made sure we had rooms together. Overall it was a good hotel and I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank cdnchopsuey
Daryl S, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for your kind comments on the staff, I have forwarded your review to the GM so that he have the problems listed onto the up coming renovation budget.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Check in was very smooth. The young gentleman at the desk was very helpful, informative and had a great sense of humor. The room was clean and easy to get to. Underground parking was a plus. The breakfast was very extensive. It held us all day. The views off our balcony of Cypress and Grose Mountain were amazing. We were able able to sit 4 on the balcony and enjoy a cup of coffee in the brisk morning air. We will be back to this location. Close to downtown without the noise.

Room Tip: choose the back of hotel not on Hastings side. At least 3rd floor for the views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank mclamboy
Daryl S, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

With future renovations planned we hope to make changes to guest rooms and hope that your future stays in Vancouver you will once again choose us, the Holiday Inn Vancouver!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

As a platinum member with the holiday inn hotels, I'm pretty familiar with their line from the "express" to the "intercontinental." Luckily, I have not had many unpleasant experiences with their hotels... except this one: it has been one of the worst I've stayed in. The rooms are very outdated from billowing carpet to peeling wallpaper (which has been stupidly installed over existing wallpaper, so it was bound to fail). The gentleman who checked us in was not friendly and did not recognize my platinum status. The view was beautiful as long as you looked straight toward the mountains and not down at the disgusting and unkept alley way behind the apartments/houses. The breakfast.... well the Holiday Inn Express breakfast was never a real selling point to me but on top of everything else it was very displeasing. The scrambled eggs (if you can call it that) was disgusting and tasted like leftovers heated up from yesterday. I strongly recommend spending the extra money to stay somewhere else. But hey, the parking was free!

Another important note that is not only unsettling but very against trip advisor's policy is that this hotel is offering 1000 bonus holiday inn points if you review them here. No, they don't say it needs to be positive, but some may believe it HAS to be in order to receive the points. So please take every recent positive review with a grain of salt. Not cool, Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Esayed84
Daryl S, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor customer service performance you had experienced during your stay with us. We take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction and unfortunately, the front desk clerk on duty did not meet your—or our own—expectations.
As a testament to our strive for perfection, we have taken steps to review our membership check in procedure with the front desk clerks to ensure that they are meeting the expectations of our rewards members and recognizing their status at the check in. Renovations are scheduled for the hotel in the upcoming months and I will forward your comments about the room condition to those who are in charge of the renovations.
We deeply value our relationship with our members and understand that their time is valuable. We do offer a bonus of 1000 points for their time to give us feedback of their stay on trip advisor but at anytime do we force our input in what they should say. We will definitely be reviewing this program and the way that it may be perceived by our members. With the upcoming changes to the rewards program, on global bases, where members will be given bonus points for their stay at any of the IHG hotels we feel that this may be of a similar program.
Yours in service,