We stayed at this hotel 2 nights in late May of 2014. We were given a room that faces busy Hastings Street. The traffic noise was so bad that night that we could barely sleep, so if you stay at this hotel, ensure you request a room in the back of the hotel. Also, we had problems with the heating system, but they were fixed for the second night.
When we asked to switch rooms the following morning, we were told they were entirely booked up, but I had checked TripAdvisor before asking and found there were rooms available. When I informed the manager about this, he backtracked and said that any free rooms were facing Hastings Street. We bought earplugs during the day and were OK the 2nd night.
What bothers me is that the manager said this is a common complaint and that they are waiting to remodel to fix the problem. That might be years away for all I know. This is not a good way to have happy customers.
The breakfast buffet was very good. The neighborhood is questionable. The bus service to downtown was good, but took us through parts of town that were supposed to be revitalized as a result of Vancouver hosting the Olympics, but that never happened and I would not want to walk through those neighborhoods.
The price of the hotel was great compared to the hotels downtown. I don’t know if I would stay there again, but hope I’ve given you enough information to decide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'You'll Love It In Here' at our Vancouver Hotel. The Atrium Inn Vancouver is located minutes from downtown Vancouver. Our boutique-style hotel is close to everything in Vancouver. Are you searching for a pet friendly hotel near fun and exciting attractions? When you stay at the Atrium Inn Vancouver you can catch an event at the Pacific Coliseum, venture to PNE and Playland, or explore Stanley Park. Guests enjoy staying in our rooms with one king or two queen beds or a king suite. Our location off Trans Canada Highway 1 makes it easy to get to meetings. Rogers Sugar, ECOMM, Metrotown, BCIT and other businesses are nearby. Make your event a success with our meeting rooms and A/V rental equipment. With free high-speed, wireless Internet access, you'll have a productive stay in Vancouver. You can burn calories at our fitness centre, get a good night's rest on our triple-sheeted beds, and start the morning with a free buffet breakfast with hot and cold items. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Atrium Inn Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Vancouver Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Vancouver