“hotel beside PNE”

Atrium Inn Vancouver
Ranked #57 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 26 August 2014

great clean place with parking and pool right beside the PNE /playland also ,had included breakfast ,we were very pleased ,a bit pricey at just 200 a night but we had enjoyed the place ,nice and clean with the ammenities ,also ran into the keyboard player for trooper while staying there which was fun too

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bulldawggreg
Matt S, Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for your kind remarks. Our hotel is in a prime location for many peoples summertime needs as you stated. We are very pleased you enjoyed your time with us and hope that you consider us in the future, next time your in Vancouver.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We caught the train (Amtrac...that was great) from Seattle w/ our Japanese exchange student. Hastings Street is within an area designated as some sort of homeless area by the government. Even to get to the bus stop we had to walk a bit, encountering each time active drug use (real junkies with needles, not just weed smokers), loads of beggers. The bus view (and riders) were the same. Tents cities behind fences. The hotel employees were super nice, and helpful; they gave me lots of information, which I appreciated. Breakfast was good; again, nice staff. The room itself was subpar...bathroom fan was broken, carpets were really dirty (I made the girls leave their shoes on). Also, pay attention to check in/out times..we were surprised by them. Next time I will stay near Stanley Park....actually, can't imagine there will b a next time :(

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

We sincerely apologize for your frightening experience on your journey to the hotel. Thankfully we are well out of the area and away from those types of sights/activities. We generally inform our guests to avoid the area by taking a cab if we know they are going to be travelling through the under-privileged area of Vancouver. Apologies this information was not provided to you before check-in. Our staff do their best to make every guest enjoy their stay with us and feel that it is a safe and secure one. We are glad to hear our staff did a good job and meeting your needs.
For your general information our hotel is waiting for an approval on renovations/updates, this will hopefully be approved and started within 2014. We hope that should you return to Vancouver after we have undergone the necessary updates you consider us.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Pros-free breakfast, free parking, free wifi.
Cons-lumpy pillows!
Serioulsy, the only downside to the hotel was the pillows. The hotel isn't in the best, nicest part of town, but it's safe and fairly quiet. When booking your room, make sure you specify that you want a room that doesn't face the street. The light from the road and from the signs made it a little hard to fall asleep, but an eye mask would have solved this problem. Used the fitness center once-very nice, well equiped, and clean. The staff at this hotel are extremely courteous and pleasant. At one point I wanted to see how much a cab fair would be and the gentleman at the front desk called to get an estimate! Beyond what I expect from hotel staff! Lots of places to eat nearby.

Room Tip: Specify a room not facing the road.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bhursthanggi
Matt S, Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for your kind remarks. We do apologize for our pillows, we are waiting for our hotel to see some upgrades and this will be one issues addressed and updated. We are very happy to hear the rest of your stay was pleasant. Next time we will try to get your room on the backside. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel needs serious upgrading but at the very least cleaning - I stay here once a year and it has declined significantly and is becoming quite seedy. I stay in other holiday inns in vancouver frequently and this is about the grubbiest and presumably as someone with a rewards card I get a better room.
The carpet in room and hallways were very dirty and stained and in the room threadbare and loose, the chairs appeared stained and dirty we did not sit on them. There were 3 towels and two face clothes for 4 of us necessitating a trip to the front desk.
I am usually a business traveller but once a year I and friends do a two day shopping trip - gourmet warehouse, ikea, bossa foods, ikea,visit the pne and do touristy things - dine out, go to theatre,botanical gardens, steveston, walking tour of Chinatown, aquarium, art gallery etc - it's a blast - - we stay at this hotel for proximity to parking at the pne. This will likely change after this visit. Last week I was at holiday inn metrotown - it's in the process of being upgraded - the old rooms are ok but stayed in a new room and it was great,
The staff in both hotels are great but not rough of an incentive at Hastings st.

Room Tip: Can't think of what would help
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Matt S, Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

I am deeply sorry that your last stay with us did not meet your standards and expectations. I would like to inform you that the issues you have addressed in your comments have been addressed with upper management. We are currently awaiting approval from upper management for renovations, which will have a long list of issues corrected and eliminated. I hope our staff was able to meet your needs and expectations. Please consider us in the future after we have undergone the appropriate and necessary upgrades to our property.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My first experience of HI Express.A friendly welcome on arrival, room no ready but luggage stowed away.Room a good size, a little dated but cleanA comfkrtable king sized bed, no safe but iron & ironing board & coffee maker.A buffet breakfast with good hot selection.An enjoyable stay.

e

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased your first experience with us and the brand was an enjoyable one. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The hotel is about 5 miles from city center. So you have to have a car, take the bus, or a taxi to get into town. I wish I had thought of that during my short visit recently. I would have ruled this place out and paid the extra money to stay downtown so I could walk around to see the sites.

I think the rooms are nice and most of the property is well maintained. The breakfast area was a bit shabby.

The A/C was terribly noisy. The work around was to take the room down to freezer temperature while you were gone and turn it off when you come back. My room was on Hastings and it was very noisy at night even with ear plugs. They couldn't move me because the hotel was sold out.

The staff was very helpful and pleasant.

There is a very good Vietnamese restaurant across the street. I don't usually go to this type of restaurant but I enjoyed it very much.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from Hastings as possible.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We are truly sorry this wasn't the location you were hoping for. Hopefully you were able to take full advantage of our complimentary shuttle service into downtown. Apologies for the room A/C, unfortunately we are in the process of waiting for an approval on renovations and your concerns have all been addressed in our proposal. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and next time we will do what we can to get you on the back side of our hotel to aid in your sleep needs.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I had to book this hotel only a few weeks before arriving, so was stuck for choice given my budget, however I wish I had paid a bit more to stay somewhere close to restaurants and other things to do. I had already spent a few days at a hotel on Burrard St with so much around, but couldn't continue staying once my friend had left, which is how I ended up moving to the Holiday Inn Express.
Being a solo traveller I was reluctant to go out late, so ended up in my room for most of the night, but I didn't love being stuck in my room all that much either.
During the day, there are several buses that run from right out the front of the hotel that will take you downtown, and getting around was quite easy but just time consuming.
The hotel lobby is lovely, but once you get in the elevator you can see that the hotel needs a bit of work. My room had 2 air conditioners, the main system seemed to be broken so I also had a portable unit coming out of the window. This was really noisy and super strong, so I ended up sleeping with earplugs. There was a note in the room that said all valuables must be left at the safety deposit box, otherwise no responsibility would be taken for their safety, however they could not fit my valuables in there - I was told there was only enough space for a purse or similar.
My experience was not horrible by any means, but I have definitely had better experiences with the Holiday Inn in other Cities.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Matt S, Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

I am very sorry that we weren't able to make your stay an exquisite one. We try our best to do this for all our guests, but sometimes we fail to meet all needs/wants. Well our area does have an amusement park and bars in the close vicinity, this of course isn't what everyone wants or needs. We hope that we were able to help you have some enjoyment while staying with us.