This hovel that masquerades as a "hotel" is likely the worst place you will hopefully NEVER stay!
A filthy foyer (with a matching floor) "welcomes" you!
Disappear in the stifling corridor, on the way to the lift ( also with putrid carpet) and emerge at your floor, with not a breath of air. BEWARE : no air conditioning.
Disgusting, filthy telephone...with a telephone book to match! I was mindful, not to walk on any floor without shoes.
There is apparently a sauna in the hotel...but you will not need to go there, as you will likely sweat away 5 lbs in your first hours in your room/ suite!
Yes, there is a kitchen! Possibly the original one from about 60 ( or more) years ago. However, absolutely no charm here; more like "third world" standard.
Furniture and all soft furnishings are depressing and very dingy! I could not bring myself to sit on the lounge suite, it was so dirty...and creepy! It is conveniently, a dull, patterned fabric...perfect for the owners to ignore cleaning for maybe, three for so decades. Disgusting! Stained, torn curtains likely about 50 years old!
I gave a one-star rating, as the bathroom, kitchen and the bed sheets ( very thin) were clean...though I could not bring myself to eat in the place...so never used the kitchen.
Plus they had free wifi ( which thankfully enabled me to book the extra two nights accommodation , I required, at a "real" hotel!)
I virtually just showered, slept in the bed...after removing the creepy bed cover...and checked out, avoiding touching surfaces.
Oh, there is a good view too, if you have a very high floor, as I did. ( There was moment, though, when "suicide" crossed my mind!)
Oh, also... the dining-chairs had "sticky" arms...once again, contributing to a revolting stay here.
Pure arrogance of the owners to present accommodation in such appalling condition...and at such a price.
I asked for a fan, after discovering my room was a "sweat-box" ( on a hot late July day) but was told there was none. They really did not care whatsoever. (They had my money! I had prepaid through on-line agency.)
I paid more than $159, for the one (horrid) night here; this is about $129 more than this accommodation is worth, given the filth...and lack of very basic, "creature comforts!"
DO NOT even consider this hotel, even in an emergency... until they make significant, well-overdue improvements!
A sorely neglected DUMP!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tropicana Suite Hotel is located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver and in the middle of the lively Robson Street shopping and entertainment district within walking distance of all Downtown shopping, theatres, many excellent restaurants, cafes, English Bay and Stanley Park. All guest suites are one bedroom units featuring a living room with a sofa bed and kitchenette. Hotel facilities include an indoor heated pool, sauna, laundry facilities and limited complimentary guest parking.• View the majestic North Shore mountains• Ideally located in the heart of downtown Vancouver and the West End• 74 spacious one bedroom suites accommodating up to four adults• Easy walking distance of virtually everything• Heated indoor pool and sauna• Restaurants, shopping, theatres and parks just blocks away from hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tropicana Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Motor Hotel Vancouver
- Tropicana Hotel Vancouver
- Tropicana Motel Vancouver