Fairmont Waterfront
Granville Island Hotel(Vancouver)
US$396
US$336
  • Restaurant
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$381
US$369
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$284
US$257
Orbitz.com
3,587 results
All reviewsarc restaurantcanada placegold floorstanley parkcruise terminalpresident's clubconvention centeroutdoor poolpacific rimcorner roomnorth vancouvercity viewyour luggageconcierge staffexcellent hotelgas townalaskan cruise
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Staff were exceptional, riding teh bicycles around Stanley Park was a joy with our teenage kids. The location is great for waterfront activities and yet still a nice walk to downtown shopping.

Reviewed 3 August 2011

I stayed here for four days in mid July. This hotel is in the best location in the whole of Vancouver.
Having never stayed in a Fairmont hotel I was expecting great things.

I was in a port side room on the 21st storey and what a view. I had Canada Place one side and the Vancouver Sun building on the other side. The best thing about the hotel was the view. When I booked I recieved a free upgrade to the next level room.

The staff I spoke to were friendly and helpful. I talked to a member of staff who seamed to know nothing whatsoever about Downtown Vancouver - I know that all hotels have a conciege but I still think that staff should know a bit about the area they are in.
The staff on the conciege desk were very helpful, though one advised me as a single woman to go to Lighthouse Park in West Vancouver - which I have been to on a previous trip to Vancouver and I felt it was a lonely place when in a group, in the middle of a sunny day in August. Lighthouse Parlk is a lovely place to go and very convienient because the bus to Horseshoe Bay stops at the end of the park but it can be very lonely especially once you leave the main path.

The room itself was huge - two double beds, a huge flat screen TV, desk and chairs. I never managed to get the room warm enough (i used both douvets). There was air conditioning but it seamed to be just consist of a thermostat on the wall.
I was disappointed to find the towels were only standard hotel size - I did think that a luxery hotel would have big luxorious towels, but it was not to be.
I was more disappointed when I looked closly at the bathroom:
- the lightswitch had been screwed on at an angle, with one screw partly hanging out - how tatty!
- the bathroom door had two different coloured doorhandles - one was silver and one was gold in colour.
To say that the literature in the room talked about little details I felt that little details like this let the room down.

The only way to keep any food cool in the room was to use the ice bucket. There ws a fridge but it was also the minibar. The minibar fridge had a tab on the front so that once you had opened it to look anyone knew and I would guess that the items inside were probably electronically tagged/monitored so that if they are moved the front desk know and it automatically charged to the room (WATCH OUT this is happening more and more, especially in posher hotels. Note the word moved - it can still be there but you still get charged).

DO NOT under any ciircumstances use there business centre to access the internet - it is 50c a minute - you soon spend a lot of money. I ended up spending $30 over only four days. Use an internet cafe.

Apart from the location the only advantage I did find was that when I came back late from a Kenny Chesney concert at Rogers Arena there were still bellmen outside both the Waterfront and the Pan Pacific across the road.

The hotel is joined to the waterfront shops which has a selection of diffferent shops including a photographers, newsagents and also restaurants. The tourist infomation is also in the same building but accessed from the far side of the building to the Waterfornt entrance.

For me the best thing about this hotel is its location. From here you can walk all the way to Stanley Park (or for the energetic all the way round as well). Just the walk around Canada Place and the Convention Centre is nice, with the views across to North Shore.
There is an escalator entrance to Waterfornt station across the road fro the hotel entrance. From Waterfront station you can get on the Seabus to Lonsdale Quay (North Vancouver) to go to Capilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain, the Canada Line to the airport, the Skytrain and the West Coast Express to various suburbs of Vanocuver.
A day pass for all buses, trains, Skytrain and Seabus, which includes North and West Vancouver costs just $9 from tickets machines in all stations.

I didn't use the restaurant so I don't know what it was like.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at beginning of July and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Food and drink cost are what you expect with this star hotel. Hotel has lovely roof top swimming pool which opens at 6.00 am - handy with the jet lag!! Location was great for us, we wanted to visit stanley park and had booked a seaplane/whale watching tour, both were in walking distance. Few little coffee shops/eateries nearby. Added bonus of pick up location for alot of organised trips being just outside hotel. Short distance to city centre which is easily walkable. I spent quite a bit of time researching hotels and wasn't disappointed with my choice.

Reviewed 30 July 2011

Another very good Fairmont experience, our only disappointment was not having a room with a view.

Good location in downtown Vancouver within a minutes or so's walk from waterfront, Gas Town and shopping on Robson Street.

Vancouver is a busy bustling destination.

Room Tip: Join the Presidents club for free WiFi
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We stayed for one night after an Alaskan cruise. The hotel is within a 100 metres of the cruise terminal so no taxi is necessary. It's also linked to an underground shopping centre where you can also reach the underground train.

Our 12th floor room was bright, spacious, beautifully furnished, sparkling clean and had a lovely view of the harbour. Dinner at their restaurant was nice but service was slow. The staff seemed pushed. Breakfast was interesting and of good quality.

I would recommend this hotel for its quality and location which is right in the heart of the action in Vancouver. It's ideal for the night before or after a cruise.

Room Tip: room with view is worthwhile
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple