“Terrific hotel, managed superbly. Definitely will be back soon.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairmont Waterfront

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #11 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Francisco, California
“Terrific hotel, managed superbly. Definitely will be back soon.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

This hotel offers some fabulous views. Our room was so comfortable, which we especially appreciated since it rained for two out of our three days. The restaurant served fresh beautifully prepared food, and we especially enjoyed their breakfast and tea time. They make their own honey, and grow their own herbs. Get to the rooftop. The concierge staff is top notch, and is very helpful with sightseeing suggestions. Mr. Pullan, the manager, came from the Fairmont Orchid, and has applied all that aloha spirit to this hotel. Always helpful with a smile, he runs this hotel superbly.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 11 August 2011
I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to review and comment about your recent stay at The Fairmont Waterfront.

It is so great to read that you are a loyal Fairmont Hotels & Resorts guests and I would like to thank you for your continuous support. It is gratifying to hear that your guest room was comfortable and to your liking and that our staff were able to provide you with excellent service.

I am pleased that you were able to reach our herb garden and rooftop apiary. Were you able to try some of our honey infused dishes in Herons West Coast Kitchen?

On behalf of the entire staff here, we look forward to welcoming you back once again. If ever I can be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com.

Best regards,

The Fairmont Waterfront

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (851)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago, prior to setting off on a Disney Alaskan cruise, and were very happy with everything. We traveled with two children, a preschooler and a toddler, and found the staff to be extremely accommodating and friendly to them. Our preschooler especially loved the attention she received from all of the staff. Upon check-in, one of the people behind the front desk gave her a little bag with coloring pages and crayons and a certificate for milk and cookies from room service. A very nice touch for the little ones.... The beds were super comfortable, so much so that we're considering buying their pillows! And believe the great reviews about the breakfast -- truly a lovely buffet, giving you the option of healthy choices in addition to the more decadent fare. Should we ever find ourselves back in the oh so lovely city of Vancouver, we'll once again seek out this hotel!

Room Tip: Waterfront views are amazing, but to really maximize it I'd advise staying on the 20th floor or...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I am so pleased to read and learn that your children were able to enjoy the family friendly offerings we have here. At The Fairmont Waterfront we pride ourselves in the engaging service we provide each day and I am thrilled to hear that our colleagues were able to make your family's stay extra special.

I will also take great pleasure in sharing your comments about the brunch with our Chef and restaurant staff alike.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vancouver. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at 604-691-1892 or through email at ian.pullan@fairmont.com

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Stayed 3 days before cruise. Beautiful waterfront high room where we could watch the ships come and go. Walk to everywhere. Hotel breakfast was included and fabulous service and food. Walk across the road to ship after hotel delivered our luggage. Great views of Grouse Mtn and nth Vancouver.
Returned for 3 more days a month later received a lovely upgrade. Great gym and lovely roof top garden, bees and pool.

1 Thank goodtimes1950
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 5 August 2011
Dear Guest,

We love returning guests and I am excited to hear that both your experiences were equally as wonderful.

We have some very busy bees in our hotel and 500,000 of them are expected to produce 600 lbs of honey this summer, used in our Food & Beverage offerings and the irresistable bees knees chocolate truffles.

Thank you for this incredible review and we will strive to continue providing "faultless" experiences.

Best regards,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Staff were exceptional, riding teh bicycles around Stanley Park was a joy with our teenage kids. The location is great for waterfront activities and yet still a nice walk to downtown shopping.

Sheffield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

I stayed here for four days in mid July. This hotel is in the best location in the whole of Vancouver.
Having never stayed in a Fairmont hotel I was expecting great things.

I was in a port side room on the 21st storey and what a view. I had Canada Place one side and the Vancouver Sun building on the other side. The best thing about the hotel was the view. When I booked I recieved a free upgrade to the next level room.

The staff I spoke to were friendly and helpful. I talked to a member of staff who seamed to know nothing whatsoever about Downtown Vancouver - I know that all hotels have a conciege but I still think that staff should know a bit about the area they are in.
The staff on the conciege desk were very helpful, though one advised me as a single woman to go to Lighthouse Park in West Vancouver - which I have been to on a previous trip to Vancouver and I felt it was a lonely place when in a group, in the middle of a sunny day in August. Lighthouse Parlk is a lovely place to go and very convienient because the bus to Horseshoe Bay stops at the end of the park but it can be very lonely especially once you leave the main path.

The room itself was huge - two double beds, a huge flat screen TV, desk and chairs. I never managed to get the room warm enough (i used both douvets). There was air conditioning but it seamed to be just consist of a thermostat on the wall.
I was disappointed to find the towels were only standard hotel size - I did think that a luxery hotel would have big luxorious towels, but it was not to be.
I was more disappointed when I looked closly at the bathroom:
- the lightswitch had been screwed on at an angle, with one screw partly hanging out - how tatty!
- the bathroom door had two different coloured doorhandles - one was silver and one was gold in colour.
To say that the literature in the room talked about little details I felt that little details like this let the room down.

The only way to keep any food cool in the room was to use the ice bucket. There ws a fridge but it was also the minibar. The minibar fridge had a tab on the front so that once you had opened it to look anyone knew and I would guess that the items inside were probably electronically tagged/monitored so that if they are moved the front desk know and it automatically charged to the room (WATCH OUT this is happening more and more, especially in posher hotels. Note the word moved - it can still be there but you still get charged).

DO NOT under any ciircumstances use there business centre to access the internet - it is 50c a minute - you soon spend a lot of money. I ended up spending $30 over only four days. Use an internet cafe.

Apart from the location the only advantage I did find was that when I came back late from a Kenny Chesney concert at Rogers Arena there were still bellmen outside both the Waterfront and the Pan Pacific across the road.

The hotel is joined to the waterfront shops which has a selection of diffferent shops including a photographers, newsagents and also restaurants. The tourist infomation is also in the same building but accessed from the far side of the building to the Waterfornt entrance.

For me the best thing about this hotel is its location. From here you can walk all the way to Stanley Park (or for the energetic all the way round as well). Just the walk around Canada Place and the Convention Centre is nice, with the views across to North Shore.
There is an escalator entrance to Waterfornt station across the road fro the hotel entrance. From Waterfront station you can get on the Seabus to Lonsdale Quay (North Vancouver) to go to Capilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain, the Canada Line to the airport, the Skytrain and the West Coast Express to various suburbs of Vanocuver.
A day pass for all buses, trains, Skytrain and Seabus, which includes North and West Vancouver costs just $9 from tickets machines in all stations.

I didn't use the restaurant so I don't know what it was like.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at beginning of July and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Food and drink cost are what you expect with this star hotel. Hotel has lovely roof top swimming pool which opens at 6.00 am - handy with the jet lag!! Location was great for us, we wanted to visit stanley park and had booked a seaplane/whale watching tour, both were in walking distance. Few little coffee shops/eateries nearby. Added bonus of pick up location for alot of organised trips being just outside hotel. Short distance to city centre which is easily walkable. I spent quite a bit of time researching hotels and wasn't disappointed with my choice.

South Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

Another very good Fairmont experience, our only disappointment was not having a room with a view.

Good location in downtown Vancouver within a minutes or so's walk from waterfront, Gas Town and shopping on Robson Street.

Vancouver is a busy bustling destination.

Room Tip: Join the Presidents club for free WiFi