We had a one-bedroom suite for 3 nights, which was the ‘City’ section of our ‘Rockies’ holiday. The suite was on the 22rd floor (one from the top), overlooking the Harbour and the Conference Centre, with Stanley Park and the Lions Gate Bridge in the background. This waterfront view was absolutely stunning.
Our two teenage daughters had one room (with a Queen bed and bathroom with shower) and we had the adjoining room (with a folding Queen bed and full bathroom). The suite was very well-appointed, extremely clean and (because of the enormous picture windows in both rooms overlooking the waterfront) very light and airy.
The hotel itself was very stylish, both modern and elegant, with a light and airy feel to the lobby. The Reception and Concierge staff were friendly, approachable, knowledgeable and extremely professional. The hotel also had a health club and an outdoor (heated) pool, situated in a lovely rooftop garden, with bees and hives (but not near the pool!).
We ate out in Vancouver for the three nights, but we did have breakfast in the hotel on two occasions: one in the Herons Bar downstairs and once in our room. Breakfast in the Herons Bar was buffet-style, with a wide selection of dishes, including freshly-cooked omelettes made while you waited. Not inexpensive, but you could have as much (or as little) as you wanted of everything. Room service breakfast was served on time and as we requested.
One problem we experienced (which had also happened a week before in the Fairmont Lake Louise) was the unexpected ‘wiping’ of our magnetic door keys. This meant we couldn’t get into the health club and were ‘challenged’ by a member of staff as to our identity when the key very obviously wasn’t working. Whilst the staff were quite polite, we felt the assumption was that we were ‘imposters trying it on’ as opposed to guests who had a problem with their card. It was a most unpleasant experience ending with one of the pool staff escorting my wife and daughter back to the room (just to check the room). When new keys were issued at the Reception desk, I was given the counter-intuitive advice that I shouldn’t put the credit-card sized keys anywhere near my credit cards, as this could be causing the problem. But what would one naturally do with credit-card sized keys, but put them in one’s wallet (where other cards are….). It made me lack confidence in the hotel’s key system (not to keep people out, but to allow them in!) and that the hotel staff felt the problem lay with the guests and not the system itself.
The keys issue aside, we had a great time at the Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver and would recommend it as a stylish place to stay, with great views and a central location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Waterfront luxury hotel showcases the best of Vancouver. Conveniently situated beside the Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal and adjacent to the Vancouver Convention Centre, this luxury Vancouver hotel has a central harbour location, ideal for any stay. Guests can enjoy shopping, trendy restaurants, art galleries, Gastown, Chinatown and famous Stanley Park all within steps of our doors. This Four Diamond urban retreat is world renowned for its warm and welcoming service and truly showcases the best of Vancouver. The 489 newly renovated Vancouver Waterfront hotel rooms are spacious, elegantly appointed with distinctive amenities and showcase spectacular city, mountain and harbour views through floor-to-ceiling windows. The Fairmont Gold floor is an exclusive hotel within a hotel, featuring complimentary breakfast and evening canapes, personal concierge service and an exclusive lounge and terrace with harbour-views. Visit the on-site restaurant ARC. The culinary team embraces fresh, local and sustainable ingredients complemented by hotel-grown herbs from the 2,100 square foot rooftop garden and honey from the on-site honeybee colony. Expect simple, flavor focused cuisine, cooked with flawless execution appealing to discerning or emerging palates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Ebookers, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Hotel Waterfront
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont
- Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver