“Birthday to remember!”

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Staff were amazing, room service was to die for..... I want to go back again and again and again!

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 December 2011

We visited Vancouver last month for the first time and stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront. The Fairmont has some of the warmest and friendliest staff we've ever met. The first night we ate at their restaurant, Heron's. The food was amazing and only surpassed by our server, Emilee, who was so friendly and gracious - she went above and beyond to make our stay exceptional every day we were there. She is one of the best servers we've ever encountered! Other staff, including Steve Candy, Frank the bartender and Joe Zucco were so attentive and helpful that after a short period of time, they made us feel like old friends. The Fairmont is a jewel and Heron's is a must. Make sure you ask for Emilee (& tell her Larry & Teresa sent you)!!

Room Tip: We were on the 21st floor and the room was quiet even though we were close to the elevators. I would...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a very valued TripAdvisor review.

It is wonderful to read your comments and learn that your stay in Vancouver was made memorable because of your experience at Herons West Coast Kitchen + Bar. I am thrilled to read about your wonderful dinner, and the excellent service received from the numerous members of our staff. Please rest assured that I will be pleased to share your comments with my entire team here and ensure those members receive appropriate recognition for their excellent customer service.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Fairmont Waterfront once again in the near future. If ever I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at ian.pullan@fairmont.com or 604-691-1892.

Reviewed 7 December 2011

We have been staying at this beautiful hotel for years and we now affectionately call the Fairmont Waterfront our "Home away from home". From the minute we drive up and we're greeted personally by the Doorman, then swept away to the front desk and greeted by name (keys are waiting for us!), then arrive in our gorgeous room (we prefer the signature room, but love them all) and a bellman arrives and makes sure we have everything we need, that's when we know we're back at the Waterfront. The location is perfect! It is directly across the street from the cruise terminal. We always advise our friends to stay at least a couple of nights at the Waterfront before or after their cruise. What a shame it go to Alaska and not see the most beautiful city in the world. From the Waterfront, you can walk to Stanley Park, Gastown, Robson Street, museums and great restaurants. The best Sunday brunch however is at the Waterfront. The rooms at the hotel are beautiful, comfortable, inviting, and most of them have awesome views. We've stayed on the Gold floor many times and it's always a treat, from the delicous breakfast to the honor bar. The Fairmont Gold representatives are always happy to help you in any way, from booking tours to making dinner reservations at the finest restaurants in the city. The best thing about the Fairmont Waterfront however, is the attitude of all of the people who work there. Year after year, we see the same people and they remember our names and go out of their way to make sure our stay there is the best ever! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: This hotel overlooks the water, so if you can get a view of the water or Stanley Park, you will not...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Drweddle_123

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment and rate your recent experience with us here at The Fairmont Waterfront.

It is so gratifying to read your review and learn that you had a great time, and particularly appreciated the level of service provided throughout your stay here; from the moment you arrived, to the moment you left. We are so pleased to hear that you felt comfortable and at home in our hotel, as it truly is our goal to offer a home away from home experience to each and every one of our guests.

I will certainly take great pleasure in sharing your survey with our entire team here. I am pleased to know that you appreciate staying with us at The Fairmont Waterfront and have a strong loyalty to us. We are happy that we are able to turn your moments into memories, and that you choose us to share your special life moments with.

We thank you for selecting to stay with us at The Fairmont Waterfront, and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

We had stayed here on our wedding night many years ago and had a wonderful time then. Stayed over night for a Christmas function. We had just booked a regular room and ended up with one with a corner - two windows on adjacent walls. What an amazing view we had even thought we were not high up,

The room was well designed with very nice furniture and an awesome bed with fantastic bedding. We slept great and heard no noise in the hall, from adjacent rooms or from outside even thought the pool was there. And yes, it was heated and open in December!! Will definately remember that next time. People were actually using the pool.

The only two small negatives were the two huge long black hairs along the inside of the tub and the in in room coffee while it was Keurig made below average coffee.

All the staff we encountered were beyond polite and professional especially the valet parking. What a fantastic hotel and an all around great stay. Would choose again for sure and recommend to out of town guests.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent experience with us here at The Fairmont Waterfront.

It was a pleasure to read your review and hear that you truly enjoyed your time spent with us at The Fairmont Waterfront. We are happy that we are able to turn your moments into memories, and that you choose us to share your special life moments with, such as your Wedding Night, and Christmas Party.

However, it is absolutely unacceptable that you found a hair on your bed sheet, and unfortunate that you did not enjoy the in room coffee. Please accept my sincere apologies for the off-putting experiences. I do appreciate that you took the time to mention this, as we now have the opportunity to follow up and ensure situations such as these do not occur for future guests.

I appreciate your recognition of the high level of customer service received throughout your stay, as well as your satisfaction with your guest room. It means a lot that you took the time to mention the exceptional experiences you had, and that you would recommend our hotel to others.

We hope we have the chance to welcome you back to your home away from home in Vancouver once again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 December 2011

My partner and I stayed at the hotel on a 26 hour stopover on our way from the east to Hawaii. The welcome to the hotel was cordial, the hotel itself very nice (good feng shui), and the location ideal. We had a corner signature room (180 degree view) that was well worth it ... lots of glass and a great feel -- a real contrast from a traditional hotel room. The room, as is the hotel, was clean, well-appointed, and comfortable. The bed gave a good sleep and the soundproofing in the hotel was excellent. The bathroom in this room was good-sized (and also had a huge window). All in all, the room was perfect and the hotel more than met expectations (except that the wifi didn't seem to work on any of our wireless devices --- got trapped in feedback loops that prevented a connection ... but I had my laptop and the wired connection worked fine).

Room Tip: Splurge for a corner Signature Room if you want something beyond a "normal" hotel room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RAKlein
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Good Hotel. 4Star + Rating.
good size rooms, good linen on bed which gave a very sound sleep.

Onboard restaurant choice was not so great.

Good Bar on the ground level.

Well secured hotel. I would love to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Kulin S
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

I would like to personally thank you for reviewing your recent experience here at The Fairmont Waterfront.

I am pleased to read your review and learn that overall you had an enjoyable time with us. However, it is disappointing to read that you found your dining experience to not meet your standards. Please accept my apology that it was not able to exceed your needs. If you have any additional feedback that would help us to better meet your expectations in the future, I would appreciate hearing from you. Please contact me at ian.pullan@fairmont.com or 604-691-1892.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Fairmont Waterfront. If ever I can be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

All the staff are so friendly and courteous here - go out of their way to help. I hadn't checked to see about my room upgrade when I checked in (Premium member). Saw my room facing the city (still a nice view) but when I phoned down to see if I could use my upgrade Jenny was super helpful and found me a harbour view room - even with their systems down! (Thank you). A food court, is accessble from the inside of the hotel so I was able to pop down for Starbucks and snacks whenever I wanted. Easy walking up Howe St and you are at the centre of shops, restaurants and entertainment. Great location.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business