Fairmont Waterfront
Suttonplace.com
US$603
US$496
  • Pool
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$346
US$425
US$412
Travelocity
3,588 results
All reviewsarc restaurantcanada placegold floorstanley parkcruise terminalpresident's clubconvention centeroutdoor poolpacific rimcorner roomnorth vancouvercity viewyour luggageconcierge staffexcellent hotelgas townalaskan cruise
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The room was very nice with a great view, clean and had all you need. Internet connection was fast. Staff was very friendly. Food was fab. Small gym, but clean.
The Hotel was right at the waterfront, so it was a wonderful location.
All in all a great Hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for completing a review of The Fairmont Waterfront on TripAdvisor, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I do appreciate your feedback with regards to our health club; you may be interested to know that we will be completing renovating our gym space in 2013 and I am very much looking forward to the extra space! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and if I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Reviewed 1 October 2012

I only stayed one night at this Fairmont. We upgraded to have a waterfront view and the use of the gold lounge. We had a really lovely room, as for the waterfront - we did see water between the huge cranes in the harbour, I didn't see our view featured in the Hotel's web site virtual tour. I was surprised with the Canadian law which doesn't allow for the serving of alcohol without paying - to explain...I'm used to complimentary drinks when you upgrade to use an Hotel's lounge. We had to pay for our drinks, we were told Canadian law states that drinks cannot be given free of charge. Well, I don't agree that they would be 'free', after all if you upgrade surely the drinks can be included in that package? I was also disappointed in the food selection in the lounge. Otherwise - quick check in, waited ages for our luggage and the mini bar key. I believe a 4 rating is fair from my experience.

Room Tip: watch out for the cranes!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent experience with us here at The Fairmont Waterfront. Guest feedback is very important to us as we consistently review our practices to ensure we offer our guests the service and products they deserve. I was concerned to read your review and hear of your disappointment in a few areas. I sincerely apologize that both the view and food selection in the lounge did not meet your expectations; please know we appreciate all of your feedback which I have reviewed with the Fairmont Gold team and I would love the opportunity to discuss your stay with you personally to hear your ideas on how we can improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Reviewed 30 September 2012

This hotel is across the road from the Vancouver cruise terminal so you can literally pull your luggage to the terminal easiy if you are going on a cruise. Spacious rooms, interesting views across the harbour to West Vancouver with all the port operations and ferries making for interesting viewing on the water.
Gold Lounge facilities were pleasant and of the usual standard. Use of iPad at the lounge was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We traveled to Vancouver a few days prior to our cruise departure. The Fairmont Waterfront is as good as it gets. The hotel is beautiful, the location to downtown and Canada Place port is perfect. The staff is ready to help and the service is excellent. The hotel is spotlessly clean, beds just suck you in and the rooms are above comfortable. We were fortunate to have a corner room and the views of the harbor were incredible.

If you belong to the Fairmont President's Club, the hotel has bicycles free of charge for guests to take and pedal around Stanley Park which is so much fun and a really nice benefit. The hotel is going to be refurbishing many rooms over the winter and the updates are exquisite raising the bar to a higher level. If you happen to visit in the summer month's at 3 pm every afternoon they offer a tour of the rooftop garden and the hotels beehives. The chef was raised with beehives and is proud to show guests what they are doing with their own beehives. You can enjoy fresh honey from the hives on property.

The hotel also offers luggage transfer to the ship. If you have your luggage to the bell desk prior to 11 am with the proper luggage tags on your checked bags, the hotel will deliver your bags to the ship and you don't have to schlep it across the street, down the ramp and through the check-in process. Take advantage of the service it will save you time.

Room Tip: If you can spare a few dollars upgrade to a harbor view room, it is so much fun to watch the ships come into port and the sea planes taking off directly across from the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of The Fairmont Waterfront on TripAdvisor. It is truly rewarding to read your comments and hear that you had a great time with us here – I am so glad you enjoyed the complimentary bikes. It sounds like you joined our afternoon bee tour, you may be interested to know that we just completed our honey harvest for the year and our rooftop hives produced over 800 lbs of honey! Thank you again for selecting the Fairmont Waterfront, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Everything about our experience was wonderful! Was able to book last minute through AMEX at a great rate with great perks when everything else was booked because of the Madonna concert. Hurons lounge has great drinks. The tuna tacos and crab cakes were delicious!

Room Tip: 1703 across from the elevator overlooking the harbour was fantastic!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, Thanks for the great TripAdvisor review, I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us; I will be sure to pass your compliments on the crab cakes on to Executive Chef Dana Hauser and the Heron’s culinary team! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager