Fairmont Waterfront
US$454
US$435
US$371
  • Restaurant
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$425
US$412
Orbitz.com
3,588 results
All reviewsarc restaurantcanada placegold floorstanley parkcruise terminalpresident's clubconvention centeroutdoor poolpacific rimcorner roomnorth vancouvercity viewyour luggageconcierge staffexcellent hotelgas townalaskan cruise
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Fairmont waterfront (PW 5*)

We stayed here in July and we chose to upgrade to a high floor, so overall it was not cheap stay.
Saying that the views over the water from the room were fantastic.

The room had everything you would expect: a large bed, flat screen TV, decent bathroom and was remarkably quiet. The hotel also had a well equipped gym and a small pool. For runners there was also a great 10 mile running/cycling track around Stanley Park starting very near the hotel.

We didn’t eat at the hotel as there are so many other fantastic dining options in Vancouver.

We made use of the free bike hire after joining the VIP club at the Fairmont in Victoria, however unlike the Victoria, you had to pre book a time.

The staff were always very helpful and friendly. It was my hubbys birthday whilst we were there and we came back on his birthday to find some chocolates and a card in the room which was a nice touch.

Tip: there is a quick direct train from the airport that stops virtually next to the hotel so no need for taxis.

As an aside, we thought that all the locals we met on our Canadian travels were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Stayed 2 nights for company conference. very clean, great staff, good food, excellent location. Lots of meeting rooms available for smaller meetings.
Recommend to sign up for Presidents Club (no charge)as you get free parks and wi-fi

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Geight
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights prior to taking a skiing trip in Whistler. Great waterfront location. Room upgraded without asking and great views of the water and the sea planes taking off and landing. Good size room and large bed and bathroom with decent sized safe. Easy access to walk around Stanley Park and to Gas town in the evenings. Downtown shopping an easy walk. Concierge really helpful as was Ryan outside nothing too much trouble. Only negative was lady on reception desk slightly unhelpful and miserable.

Room Tip: Waterfront view lots to see
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CyBald
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for completing a review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor, your feedback is very much appreciated. I was glad to read that you enjoyed our harbour views and location and will be sure to pass on your compliments to both Ryan and the concierge team. I was disappointed o read that you found the reception staff unhelpful, please know this is not the warm welcome we strive to provide and I will be following up with the team personally. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to our beautiful city. Kind regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Reviewed 23 January 2013

My wife and I decided to spend our 40th wedding anniversary at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel. I booked my reservation through hotels.com and was very impressed with the service received. When I called the hotel to ask for a room upgrade the Guest Services Agent, Jessica gave me exemplary service. When I mentioned that it was our 40th wedding anniversary she gave up a complimentary room upgrade facing the harbour. I did expect to pay for this upgrade but was truly floored when it was complimentary. Not only that but when were in our room complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and a congratulatory card were brought to us. I have been in many luxury hotels in my life but I cannot recall getting such wonderful & great service. What a class act!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your lovely review of The Fairmont Waterfront on TripAdvisor. I would like to congratulate you on your 40th wedding anniversary - an impressive milestone and we were honored to be able to be a small part of the celebration. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I do hope we get to welcome you back on your 41st! If I can ever be of assistance for future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We spent a week in this wonderful hotel, WOW. what a hotel! Our room overlooked the water, you can spend the whole day enjoying the views! The location was very convenient,. Staff was very attentive and professional. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple