“Friendly, Helpful Staff”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Canada
“Friendly, Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Fairmont Waterfront for business. The staff were all fantastic, especially the staff at Guest Services. The hotel was going through renos, but the noise was limited to 9 - 4 so I didn't even notice. The amenities were great, and I had a nice patio off my room ...unfortunately I didn't feel like sitting on the patio in the rain ;)
The location can't be beat. The Pan Pacific Conference Centre is right across the street ...your right in the middle of downtown ...you're blocks from the skytrain ...Stanley Park and Robson Street are just a short walk. Everything was excellent!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dave B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Whitehorse, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

My first experience at the Waterfront was not a great one. But that being said they were fast to fix! I love the Fairmonts they are my home away from home. Great service, friendly people and always the best! I love how even though I may not be a high spender they take the time to consider my likes and dislikes and if I email in advance with room preferance they do not heistate to make this happen! I have not yet had the time on a visit to enjoy the pool but on my next trip I really hope to!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

Great hotel but the staff made our stay.In the bar,Carter and Sian,Shane in food service and Robert the operations director all above and beyond !!!! Put us in a great corner room with amazing views,hated to leave,can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great but haard to get,less trafic noise
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor, they are very much appreciated. We work very hard to provide outstanding guest service and I never tire of hearing from our guests when we get it right. Please know I will take great pleasure in personally sharing your comments with Carter, Sian, Shane and Robert. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us here at The Fairmont Waterfront, I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future! Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

This Hotel has everything you would expect from a Fairmont. Beautiful lobby, great food, attached to shops, excellent location (Close to gastown and the water), beautiful views from the hotel, comfortable bed and rooms. Room was a great size and had everything we needed, service was great, hotel was quiet. We even went for a morning swim in their outdoor pool, granted it was the start of February so it wasn't the warmest swim but the pool was heated we even promoted others to dive in. Hot tub was great and they had lots of options if you like to work out while on Vacation. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Just another excellent stay at a Fairmont.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Lincolnwood, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Excellent customer service, phenomenal view- I am a member of the President's Club and we were given a room overlooking the harbor. It was spectacular!

The hotel is across from the Vancouver Convention Centre and close to shopping. We were in town for the Chicago Blackhawks- Canucks game and the hotel is less than a mile from Rogers Arena. Everyone one courteous, helpful, and accommodating- even though we were NOT rooting for the home team!

Had breakfast at the Herons and it was SPECTACULAR!!!!!! An UNBELIEVABLE SELECTION at a GREAT price.

Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Even though I am a Canucks fan at heart, there is a special place at our hotel for all hockey fans regardless of the team. I would like to thank you again for choosing The Fairmont Waterfront and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next adventure to our beautiful city. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Stayed here last night for work function & thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Made reservations through the phone which were quick & easy, & upon arrival we asked if there were any upgrades available which they did for us at no additional cost, even though all upgrades are supposed to be charged extra : ) Really appreciated that!

Valet parking or self-serve is $45 including tax/tip, but the staff was very generous in serving us; they opened my car door, offered to help with my bags, offered us some bottled water (which is $7.50 in the room's mini bar!), & pretty much did everything they could to make sure we were comfortable. The front desk staff were also very sweet, & check-in was a breeze.

The room itself is big- our upgrade was to a harbour view deluxe room & it was gorgeous. The TV was HUGE! & the bathroom is quite large as well, the tub itself even has a wide ledge along its side. There was also an armchair & a sitting desk area in the room. The queen bed had a beautiful white quilted headboard : ) & there was a big closet with clothing racks, an ironing board & iron, etc. The only con was that there was nothing to plug our iPods/mp3 players into, but we called the front desk & they were able to bring one up to us, which was nice. Unfortunately it had a pre-set alarm for 5am lol!

Our work function was in the Waterfront Ballroom & the entire staff & food was great.. Really enjoyed our night. Check-out was also a breeze & we were treated with respect by everyone. Typical 5 star hotel & more!

Room Tip: Ask about a complimentary upgrade for no extra cost!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor, your kind words are very much appreciated. My apologies that the music player brought to your room was pre-set to 5 am and truly appreciate your understanding in this matter. You may be interested to know that as part of our current renovation project that we are adding media connectivity panels to the guest room desks that will allow our guests to conveniently play their music. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us here at The Fairmont Waterfront, I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future! Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Hawarden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

This was the second time to Vancouver , but on this occasion we didn't stay at this hotel , more is the pity , we where in town to pick up our cruise ship to Alaska and this time Princess used Four Seasons , that hotel was comfortable but was so impersonal with no choice of what to eat , anyway we decided to go to the Fairmont Waterfront , which is in Canada Place , for breakfast , you can just walk in and request this and pay without being a guest at he Hotel , the choice is amazing and the staff are so friendly and helpful which is a rare thing in this day and age nothing was too much trouble , and once seated , you can go and help yourself such a wide choice , there is. Section where you can get the chef to prepare your eggs or omelette whilst you wait , and you can help yourself to as much as you want , every where so clean and well maintained , just what you would expect from a 5star Hotel , I can't remember the exact price , it was approx $15 Canadian Dollars, we had stayed here at this hotel on our last trip and where on the 23rd floor , wow what an amazing room , it looked out onto the Harbour and the cruise Terminal , the room was well appointed with nice luxury towelling robes and slippers and a nice selection of shower gel and soaps , the room was very comfortable and spacious , the hotel even took our luggage up to our room , and took it down to reception the next morning . This hotel is a must even if it just one night when in Vancouver!

Room Tip: It is a must to get a room on a high floor , at least 23rd floor overlooking the Harbour
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for your great review of Herons West Coast Kitchen for TripAdvisor, I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed our breakfast offering so immensely. I do hope you had a fantastic time on your cruise to Alaska, it is such an amazing trip and I am happy to confirm that The Fairmont Waterfront will be embarking on a partnership with Princess Cruises for the 2013 cruise season. Thank you again for your kind words and if I can be of assistance on your next visit to our beautiful city, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager