“City break vancouver” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“City break vancouver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

4 of us stayed 3 nights on a city break.
Room was very clean and modern with a city view.
Had a small misunderstanding with minibar but this was sorted with no fuss.
I could not write this review without mentioning the concierge staff who are second to none.
Spoke to Katie before we arrived in the hope of getting Canuck tickets.She sorted this out and tickets were waiting for me on arrival.
Rudolphino organised our transport to whistler and he could not do enough for us and is a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Guest, Thanks for your great review of The Fairmont Waterfront for Tripadvisor, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. My apologies that there was a misunderstanding with the minibar but I was pleased to read that it was quickly sorted. I am incredibly proud of our dedicated concierge team and I will take great pleasure in sharing your kind words with Katie, Rodolfo and the entire concierge team. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at The Fairmont Waterfront and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your friends back in the near future! Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (851)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

Second time here and once again a very good experience. Walking distance to most everything downtown Vancouver, including Stanley Park. Just a few blocks away from Robson and Granville streets. The rooms are nice, but the bathrooms are definitely in need of a major update. The service all around was very good and it is a great hotel to stay at. I was here for a conference, and the food was really good for breakfast, lunch and the break out sessions.

I would certainly come back again for personal or business.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Peter A
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor; your feedback is very much appreciated. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us; you may be interested to know that several floors of the hotel are currently undergoing extensive renovations for which the guestroom bathrooms have been completely remodeled. We anticipate the project to be finished by April with the majority of the work already completed. Thank you again for staying with us and if I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Fairmont Waterfront for business. The staff were all fantastic, especially the staff at Guest Services. The hotel was going through renos, but the noise was limited to 9 - 4 so I didn't even notice. The amenities were great, and I had a nice patio off my room ...unfortunately I didn't feel like sitting on the patio in the rain ;)
The location can't be beat. The Pan Pacific Conference Centre is right across the street ...your right in the middle of downtown ...you're blocks from the skytrain ...Stanley Park and Robson Street are just a short walk. Everything was excellent!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dave B
Whitehorse, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

My first experience at the Waterfront was not a great one. But that being said they were fast to fix! I love the Fairmonts they are my home away from home. Great service, friendly people and always the best! I love how even though I may not be a high spender they take the time to consider my likes and dislikes and if I email in advance with room preferance they do not heistate to make this happen! I have not yet had the time on a visit to enjoy the pool but on my next trip I really hope to!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

Great hotel but the staff made our stay.In the bar,Carter and Sian,Shane in food service and Robert the operations director all above and beyond !!!! Put us in a great corner room with amazing views,hated to leave,can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great but haard to get,less trafic noise
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor, they are very much appreciated. We work very hard to provide outstanding guest service and I never tire of hearing from our guests when we get it right. Please know I will take great pleasure in personally sharing your comments with Carter, Sian, Shane and Robert. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us here at The Fairmont Waterfront, I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future! Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

This Hotel has everything you would expect from a Fairmont. Beautiful lobby, great food, attached to shops, excellent location (Close to gastown and the water), beautiful views from the hotel, comfortable bed and rooms. Room was a great size and had everything we needed, service was great, hotel was quiet. We even went for a morning swim in their outdoor pool, granted it was the start of February so it wasn't the warmest swim but the pool was heated we even promoted others to dive in. Hot tub was great and they had lots of options if you like to work out while on Vacation. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Just another excellent stay at a Fairmont.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Lincolnwood, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Excellent customer service, phenomenal view- I am a member of the President's Club and we were given a room overlooking the harbor. It was spectacular!

The hotel is across from the Vancouver Convention Centre and close to shopping. We were in town for the Chicago Blackhawks- Canucks game and the hotel is less than a mile from Rogers Arena. Everyone one courteous, helpful, and accommodating- even though we were NOT rooting for the home team!

Had breakfast at the Herons and it was SPECTACULAR!!!!!! An UNBELIEVABLE SELECTION at a GREAT price.

Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Even though I am a Canucks fan at heart, there is a special place at our hotel for all hockey fans regardless of the team. I would like to thank you again for choosing The Fairmont Waterfront and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next adventure to our beautiful city. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager