“One of the best values for luxury in Vancouver”

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 27 April 2013

This property is perhaps in the best location in Vancouver for a luxury hotel. Nearby within walking distance, is Historic Gas Town, featuring phenominal restaurants, pubs, & great people watching, both indoors & on the multitude of outdoor patio's...The staff at the Fairmont are friendly, well informed, & very helpful. The view from the upper rooms facing the bay is to die for. You will see float planes, fishing boats, yachts, freighters, every type of bird imaginable, cruise ships, mountains, etc..The rooms are spacious & clean. The hotel dining is exceptionally good as is the service.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a higher floor with a bay view. The rooms are all good however.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for your review of The Fairmont Waterfront on TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed our fantastic location and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Took a couples break here last weekend, and having never stayed here, did not know what to expext. Delightfully surprised. Got an upgrade to a room with a King bed and fantastic view of the harbour. Was allowed a late check-out of 3:00 PM with no additional charge. the staff here are womderful and really amke the place great.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a water view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2013

The staff at the Fairmont Waterfront was so amazing and went out of their way to deliver my glasses that I left in thew dining room the night before. They delivered them to the Queen Elizabeth Theater where I was attending a conference, which made the conference much more enjoyable experience...thank you for your exceptional customer service
Lynda M
Victoria BC

Room Tip: Water/Harbour view best
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind words on TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to read that we were able to deliver your glasses to you in time for your conference. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back once again in the near future. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Booked this hotel to spend the night downtown for the Vancouver Sun Run. We stayed on the 10th floor and had a lovely room with great views of the harbor and Canada Place. Location was ideal for a nice warm up walk to the start of the Sun Run with the bonus of having the Waterfront station round the corner for the journey back from the end of the run.

What stands out about this stay was the service. From Lillian at the front desk who checked us in & out, to Vivian who was our server at breakfast in Heron's. We also appreciated having a late check out at 2pm as it gave my wife who was doing the run enough time after the run to come back, shower, have lunch and pack up.

Overall pricey but a very good hotel with excellent service.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us; I take great pride in the level of outstanding service we strive to provide for our guests and it is always rewarding to read when we get it right. Please know I will take great pleasure in personally sharing your kind words with both Lillian and Vivian. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I do hope your wife enjoyed a successful race. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I arrived into Vancouver with some nasty bug, and thankfully between my next appointment I had two days. Those two days I spent in my hotel room at the Fairmont Waterfront. Unbelievable service. Obviously their attention to detail they sensed something was wrong when I had my "Do not disturb" sign up. I had to go and get some medical supplies and mentioned on my way back into the lobby that I needed some Dry Ginger Ale. Next day there was an offer of the same with bitters (magic potion) and some chicken broth. They initiated that. It was like I was home. No one likes to be sick away from home, but I had the most wonderful view of the harbour and their care and attention was second to none. I am a professional speaker and will share on the platforms of the world the amazing service and care offered me while in Vancouver.

Room Tip: Fourteenth floor looking out to the harbour
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for writing a review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor, your feedback is very much appreciated. I was sorry to hear that you were under the weather during your stay – never fun while traveling – but I am glad that our team was able to make your stay a bit more comfortable. Our colleagues take great pride in providing warm and engaging service and I will be sure to share your kind words personally with the team. Thank you staying with us and I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fairmont Waterfront on your next visit to our beautiful city. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Loved this hotel, which coupled excellent service with well proportioned and equipped rooms. Location was tremendous for the waterfront, with its magnificent views and great walk to Stanley Park and beyond.
Tried room service a couple of times and the food delivered was both tasty and plentiful.

Vancouver is a tremendous city, vibrant, colourful and quite scenically beautiful.
The Fairmount Waterfront is undoubtedly one of the better hotels within this great city

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your recommendation of The Fairmont Waterfront on TripAdvisor, it is very much appreciated. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Reviewed 19 April 2013

We stayed at the hotel at the end of March into April 2013. We chose the hotel due to the location and the reviews on Trip Advisor. We had a standard non-waterfront view on the 18th floor. The room was large by European standards and had everything you need-including a huge TV I guess it was around 50”! Room was clean and comfortable although we had two double beds so it was kind of a waste of space. The hotel is well situated at Canada place, I’d go for a run each morning down by the waterfront to Stanley Park, at a guess it would be a 30 mins walk each way to Stanley Park from the hotel. The food court in the basement level we found useful to grab a quick bite mostly a coffee and bagel at breakfast time.

The staff were very friendly with the caveat mentioned below, they stored my skis for me while we were in Vancouver rather than them taking space up in the room. One of two gripes is that one day I’d left my wife shopping while I returned to the hotel. I realised on leaving her that I didn’t have a room key. I asked at reception if someone could let me in and understandably they asked to see some ID. I don’t carry my passport or drivers license on me whilst on holiday so they agreed someone could escort me to the room while I went into the safe and retrieved the ID. I was fine with all that. On checking my details it appeared as my name was nowhere on the booking that they couldn’t even let me do that, it was pointless arguing as I all I got was a ‘It’s company policy line.’ This was both annoying and frustrating as I we checked in together so it was obvious we were both staying in the room, were asked if we wanted two room keys which was all topped off by the fact that I had paid for the room! A little bit of common sense on the hotels part would have gone a long way here.

Regardless this was a small blemish on an otherwise enjoyable stay but may be worth bearing in mind for others thinking/planning on staying at the hotel. The other gripe I had was the Wi-Fi charge at about 18 CAD for 24 hrs access I found this excessive. We only needed to check emails to keep in touch with family we were visiting while in the country, others places it was free. This was only for the basic access and there was a level above for business use. Felt the charge was a bit of a rip off.

There was some building work going on that we weren’t aware off. You’d never know unless you wanted to use the gym where there was a bit of a detour to gain access.

All in all we enjoyed our stay at the Fairmont and would have warranted 5 stars if it weren’t for those few niggles. We found the room and facilites more than adequate and liked the location.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for your review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor. Guest feedback is very important to us as we consistently review our practices to ensure we offer our guests the service and products they deserve. I was glad to read that over all you enjoyed your stay with us, though I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with access to your guestroom. It is our policy to always put the security of our guests above all else, but I completely understand how frustrating this must have felt. I have reviewed your comments with our Front Desk team and we will be looking at ways to be more pro-active upon check-in at collecting the names of all guests who will be staying in the room ensuring that this situation doesn’t happen again. You may also be interested to know that among other benefits, we provide internet access at no charge to all members of the complimentary Fairmont President’s Club, I highly recommend signing up. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us during your visit to beautiful Vancouver and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Warmest regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager