“If you want the Fairmont standard with a little more activity at night stay at the Pacific Rim. Stay at the Waterfront” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairmont Waterfront

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #10 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Orange County
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed in room 717. It has a City view and looks down on the roof top garden. You get a fair amount of City Street noise Monday-Friday. The room is large and nicely appointed. It was recently refurbished, new furniture, flat screen, great tile in the bathroom and high end bath fixtures. It is a very pleasantly decorated room. There is some mechanical noise, like a tapping on a pipe. I don’t know if that occurs during the day but it is noticeable at night. The bed and bedding were excellent and mad for a delightful sleep after wandering the city all day.
The staff is excellent. Typical top notch front staff, bellmen and doormen. The concierge is excellent and full of fine information. The location has limited water views as the Pan Pacific is right across the street.
The Fairmont Pacific Rim is right down the street (2 blocks). We walked to the other Fairmont to check it out. It has a younger hipper vibe than the Waterfront. This has a quieter feel to it. Just my thought but if you want the Fairmont standard with a little more activity at night stay at the Pacific Rim. Stay at the Waterfront for a more relaxed feeling.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review of The Fairmont Waterfront, I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your feedback with regards to the mechanical noise you experienced in your room – I am having it investigated as we speak! I understand that you had a room that overlooks the city skyline and our rooftop herb garden, I do hope you get the opportunity to experience our Harbour-view rooms on your next visit as our un-obstructed views of Stanley Park and the Harbour are quite spectacular. Should your travels bring you back to Vancouver, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to The Fairmont Waterfront. In the future, if ever there is anything else we can do to make your time with us more comfortable; please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or by email at indu.brar@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Indu Brar, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (851)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We spent two nights here on our return from Whistler.

The hotel iteself was magnificent - the quality of the room was first class, the comfort magnificent. The help from the concierge with planning routes was much appreciated.

Its one of those hotels however where you need to watcht he additional charges, Internet (standard) at $15 a day is a bit steep! It is also best to park across the road on West Cordova St where it is much cheaper.

The view from the waterside rooms is wonderful - second to none!

Room Tip: Definitley make sure you go waterside!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your review of The Fairmont Waterfront – your kind words are very much appreciated and I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay. We truly appreciate you choosing The Fairmont Waterfront for your stay and I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to our beautiful city. Warm regards, Indu Brar, General Manager
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I spent Oct 11 and 12 at the Fairmont, the front desk staff was exceptionally polite and even upgrade our room to one with a view of the Harbour. The location is quiet in relation to staying closer to Robson. Amazing service, great staff!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thank you for your great feedback - I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the team – it is our mission to provide warm and engaging service and it is always nice to hear when we get it right. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our beautiful city. Warm regards, Indu Brar, General Manager
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We arrived a couple hours before check in. Since we brought a baby with us we were willing to take whatever room was available. The front desk put us in a room that was sure to fill the needs of our infant. They made sure we had a large space for the crib and comfortable chairs for nursing. They even made sure we had a good view of the water. The room was a relatively new renovation so everything was clean and comfortable. All hotels in this area are pricey; but here you get a higher level of service and genuine care and consideration from the staff.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor. It is always challenging travelling with small children, I was so glad to read that we were able to get you into a room quickly and anticipate your needs. Thank you for choosing The Fairmont Waterfront, and if ever there is anything we can do to make your time with us more comfortable; please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or by email at indu.brar@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Indu Brar, General Manager
Kamloops, Bc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Spent two nights here for the Connect Conference in October. Took the e-upgrade for the Gold floor, definitely worth every penny! The rooms here are nicely upgraded and the t.v. in mirror in bathroom was a nice touch! Staff on the Gold Floor are amazing in service!

Room Tip: Ask about the Gold Floor upgrade, worth every penny!!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay on our exclusive Fairmont Gold floor – the heightened amenities, complimentary breakfast and evening canapés served in the private lounge really make for a luxury experience. Our Fairmont Gold team takes pride in providing exemplary service and I will take great pleasure in personally sharing your kind comments with the team. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back in the very near future. Sincerely, Indu Brar, General Manager
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Having not stayed at a Fairmont property in quite some time, this hotel certainly is pulling me back to the brand!

Check in:
Excellent experience, very friendly and knowledgeable staff who tend to go above and beyond for everyone. My room was not ready for my check in (it was noon, totally understandable) and I was told that they would put the room on priority and they should have it ready in 20-30 minutes. She then took my luggage and told me it would be waiting in the room for me when it's ready. Well not 5 minutes later I got a call on my cell that my room was ready (under-promise & over-deliver - LOVE that). Indeed the bellman was waiting at my room, and was extremely friendly and offered to give me info about the hotel and surrounding area. Overall, excellent check in experience, was handled very professionally.

Room:
To be honest, other than the view, I was somewhat underwhelmed by my room. The room itself was a great size and had everything you needed but the furniture and bathroom were somewhat dated for what I'd expect from a Fairmont. That being said - no big deal. The view was amazing from the THREE large windows in my room. The TV was an excellent size and my only disappointment was that there were no cables to connect any devices to the TV, despite the guest directory saying it was built into the desk.

Room Service:
Now this is what I call room service! Ordered an app, entree and dessert. When delivered, the food was kept in a hot box so it didn't get cold on the trip up. I was presented with a nice table to eat at which was fully set with cutlery for all 3 courses. The room service attendant was extremely friendly and truly made sure that I had everything I needed. The food itself was excellent, except for the fish n chips which I was very excited about given the location. The fish was poorly battered and was overcooked and way too oily. Other than that one small let down, a great 'in room dining' experience.

Overall this hotel hits the mark on all sides and I would be delighted to return to this property. The staff is really what makes this hotel special and I hope they are recognized for all their efforts!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your lovely review of The Fairmont Waterfront. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to get your room ready so quickly. Our colleagues work hard to provide warm and engaging service, please know I will take great pleasure in sharing your kind comments about your experience with the entire team. I appreciate your feedback with regards to your guestroom, you may be interested to know that we fully renovated 180 guestrooms last winter and will be renovating additional rooms this December and January – I am really looking forward to presenting our fresh new product. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us at The Fairmont Waterfront, we hope to welcome you back soon. Warm regards, Indu Brar, General Manager
Powell River, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was in Vancouver again for a conference and had the good fortune to be in the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel again. The service and accommodations were outstanding. First impressions of the entrance and lobby carried through from arrival to departure. The doormen were pleasant and attentive, the front desk staff were extremely engaging and the rest of the staff attentive and polite.
Staff makes this hotel a step up from others that I've been in.
I was on the gold key club floor (another wonderful upgrade) in an extremely comfortable and spacious room. The Key Club lounge was quiet, comfortable and the food (appetizers and breakfast) excellent.
Location is ideal, close to Canada Line, Sky Train and Pacific Centre mall. Since the hotel is on the waterfront, the walkway along the waterfront to Stanley Park is an exceptional morning walk or jog. Canada Place is across the street and access to the Sea Bus to North Vancouver or float planes to Nanaimo or Victoria is a short walk away.
The fitness room is very good but the heat a bit warm for people working out.
This hotel is an excellent choice for a stay in Vancouver in order to capture the flavour of the city.

Room Tip: Any rooms that I've been in have been excellent.
1 Thank smalltowncanada
Dear Guest, Thank you for your great review of The Fairmont Waterfront. We truly appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback and I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m happy to hear that you are a fellow runner – please be sure to join me or a member of our executive team for a guided morning run along the seawall on your next visit, we offer them every Tuesday and Thursday for our guests. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Warm regards, Indu Brar, General Manager