We stayed there for a weekend to celebrate my birthday. I got an excellent rate so I am quite satisfied with the hotel. A few notes:
* Location: the location is fine, not too far from the city centre. There aren't many restaurants or shopping nearby but it was only 5-10 minutes walk to the city centre. There is Miku restaurant which is excellent right opposite the hotel. Don't miss this restaurant.
* Kids friendly: I traveled with my 3-year old daughter and the hotel treated her really well. She got coloring books, bath products for kids, and a storybook delivered to our room. We really appreciated the thoughts. Staff at the breakfast buffet were very nice to my daughter. There weren't any activities for very young kids like my daughter apart from the swimming pool maybe.
* Nice renovated room: We got a renovated room on the 4th floor. Everything is new and in good condition, except that some of the lights in the room didn't work but the room was very well-lit. Our room only has a shower, no bath tub, but we prefer shower tall anyway so it didn't bother us. The most annoying thing about the room is noise from the hallway. I guess the door doesn't block much noise. During the 11am-2am period, I constantly hear a lot of noise caused by housekeeping as they work on the rooms nearby or maybe on hallway.
* In-room dining: As the hotel restaurant was closed due to renovations we had one in-room dining meal. The service was great but the food was mediocre as it usually is with hotel room service. We had an ok chicken cobb salad, average burger and very salty NY steak. No bread served with the meal.
* Breakfast buffet: We had breakfast buffet every morning and it was good. There isn't anything fancy but they had good selection of hot and cold items. What made us most happy were the friendly and professional waitress and the young male chef who cooked omelette and egg dishes.
* Housekeeping: they did a good job and very friendly.
* Front desk: hmm.. they were fine but not personable.
* Health club facility: the gym was small but sufficient for your daily workout. Swimming pool was heated but I didn't use it due to very cold weather. There were lockers and a small steamed room in the shower/changing area.
Overall we had a nice stay. I feel this hotel is a very good business hotel, more like a Hyatt Regency/Hilton/Sheraton type hotel than a luxury resort hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Waterfront luxury hotel showcases the best of Vancouver. Conveniently situated beside the Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal and adjacent to the Vancouver Convention Centre, this luxury Vancouver hotel has a central harbour location, ideal for any stay. Guests can enjoy shopping, trendy restaurants, art galleries, Gastown, Chinatown and famous Stanley Park all within steps of our doors. This Four Diamond urban retreat is world renowned for its warm and welcoming service and truly showcases the best of Vancouver. The 489 newly renovated Vancouver Waterfront hotel rooms are spacious, elegantly appointed with distinctive amenities and showcase spectacular city, mountain and harbour views through floor-to-ceiling windows. The Fairmont Gold floor is an exclusive hotel within a hotel, featuring complimentary breakfast and evening canapes, personal concierge service and an exclusive lounge and terrace with harbour-views. Visit the on-site restaurant ARC. The culinary team embraces fresh, local and sustainable ingredients complemented by hotel-grown herbs from the 2,100 square foot rooftop garden and honey from the on-site honeybee colony. Expect simple, flavor focused cuisine, cooked with flawless execution appealing to discerning or emerging palates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, Fairmont Hotels, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Hotel Waterfront
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont
- Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver