Fairmont Waterfront
Granville Island Hotel(Vancouver)
US$395
US$336
  • Restaurant
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$405
US$360
Travelocity
3,588 results
All reviewsarc restaurantcanada placegold floorstanley parkcruise terminalpresident's clubconvention centeroutdoor poolpacific rimcorner roomnorth vancouvercity viewyour luggageconcierge staffexcellent hotelgas townalaskan cruise
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here once again when we came into the city for the Hop Scotch Festival in November! This time we had a room that was renovated and wow...what a surprise!! We thought the rooms were wonderful before the reno's so we were pleasantly surprised at the new and modern look this visit to the Fairmont Waterfront!
As usual, we were met with the BEST hospitality in all the city and the service was unbelievable! Within minutes of checking into our room my husband noticed he had left his charger at home for his Blackberry and so I suggested he ask the Concierge if they might have an extra one they could loan him for our 3 nights there! Approximately 10 minutes of my husband returning to our room, the Concierge were at our door with a charger. Always such a pleasure to be treated with this kind of service when staying at their hotel!
End of February we are back in the city for Vancouver's International Wine Festival and we are really looking forward to our next 3 nights at this amazing hotel! Thank you again for always making our stays with you so special!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barb F
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Guest,
I'm thrilled to know that not only did you enjoy the renovations we have made to our guest rooms, but that the service you received was exactly what we strive to provide. I will share your kind comments with my entire team so they know how appreciated they are. We can't wait to welcome you back later this month. Please contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed this time as it was a recommended hotel for the conference I was attending and was pleased that I did. Check in was stunningly quick, the car I had rented went to the valet, he handed me my check in package and up to the room. I had a corner room, a view of the city, it was clean, the linens were great, the TV worked, the desk was workable and plugins to recharge the electronics. I actually liked the retro alarm clock, it was easy to set, and did not require a 10 minute lesson on how to set the time and alarms. My wife joined me for the weekend and we bicycled around Stanley park and snooped around the shops. As the hotel is in walking distance to Gastown, Stanley Park, the Waterfront and shopping, as well as the Waterfront Train station, a car is not required and getting around is easily accomplished.

The downside was that Heron's, the restaurant has a great reputation, was under renovation, but should be completed by this Spring I believe. But there are a number of really great restaurants located within blocks. A Tim Hortons, McDonalds and Starbucks are all located within a block to address any quick breakfast requirements.

The fitness facility was great, the heated pool looked good but I didn't use it.

It was a great base of operations for a week stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rockmotordad

Dear Guest,
I'm so pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay. The Fairmont Waterfront is in a perfect location, whether you're here for business or pleasure; I'm glad you were able to experience a mix of the two. I hope we can welcome you again soon - our newly renovated restaurant will be opening in the beginning of March, though we have alternate dining options for our guests in the meantime.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed there for a weekend to celebrate my birthday. I got an excellent rate so I am quite satisfied with the hotel. A few notes:

* Location: the location is fine, not too far from the city centre. There aren't many restaurants or shopping nearby but it was only 5-10 minutes walk to the city centre. There is Miku restaurant which is excellent right opposite the hotel. Don't miss this restaurant.

* Kids friendly: I traveled with my 3-year old daughter and the hotel treated her really well. She got coloring books, bath products for kids, and a storybook delivered to our room. We really appreciated the thoughts. Staff at the breakfast buffet were very nice to my daughter. There weren't any activities for very young kids like my daughter apart from the swimming pool maybe.

* Nice renovated room: We got a renovated room on the 4th floor. Everything is new and in good condition, except that some of the lights in the room didn't work but the room was very well-lit. Our room only has a shower, no bath tub, but we prefer shower tall anyway so it didn't bother us. The most annoying thing about the room is noise from the hallway. I guess the door doesn't block much noise. During the 11am-2am period, I constantly hear a lot of noise caused by housekeeping as they work on the rooms nearby or maybe on hallway.

* In-room dining: As the hotel restaurant was closed due to renovations we had one in-room dining meal. The service was great but the food was mediocre as it usually is with hotel room service. We had an ok chicken cobb salad, average burger and very salty NY steak. No bread served with the meal.

* Breakfast buffet: We had breakfast buffet every morning and it was good. There isn't anything fancy but they had good selection of hot and cold items. What made us most happy were the friendly and professional waitress and the young male chef who cooked omelette and egg dishes.

* Housekeeping: they did a good job and very friendly.

* Front desk: hmm.. they were fine but not personable.

* Health club facility: the gym was small but sufficient for your daily workout. Swimming pool was heated but I didn't use it due to very cold weather. There were lockers and a small steamed room in the shower/changing area.

Overall we had a nice stay. I feel this hotel is a very good business hotel, more like a Hyatt Regency/Hilton/Sheraton type hotel than a luxury resort hotel.

Room Tip: Renovated rooms are nice. City view rooms give you view to opposite buildings.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Emilie N
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback; knowing where we excel ensure we can continue to offer the best service possible. Your constuctive comments help us rectify any area where can improve. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you and your daughter again soon!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Arrived at the Fairmont after a long flight from London tired and looking forward to a lie down. Excellent lobby staff whisked our luggage to our rooms so that by the time we had checked in and got to our room our bags were already waiting for us. Excellent room well appointed and clean - no complaints . Great location close to Canada Place so was able to watch the Cruise liners departing in the evening, also close to Gastown and the tour bus stops. Breakfast was in the Herons and the buffet choice was impressive. The only negative and not the fault of the hotel was as we were touring Canada we only stayed there two nights as we would have loved to have stayed longer - perhap next time

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jackie b
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much, not only for your review, but for choosing The Fairmont Waterfront. I'm so pleased that the service you received upon arrival was so exceptional. While we are very lucky to be in such a great location right in the heart of downtown Vancouver, I believe it is our colleagues and the amazing service they provide that truly sets us apart. Please send me an email at indu.brar@fairmont.com if you return to Vancouver. I would be happy to assist with your reservation!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Our recent stay at the Waterfront was after a weeks stay at the Fairmont Whistler, hard act to follow! However we were given one of the newly refurbished rooms, very modern,spacious and hitech. Only disappointment was no ocean view, which given our first morning was brilliant sunshine would have been tremendous to wake up to. Jesi the concierge lady was excellent and really helped us make the most of our stay. We understand previous comments about the reception staff apparent lack of customer service but put this down to inexperience. The hotel has a great location and we enjoyed our time in Vancouver and another Fairmont fabulous bed!

Room Tip: Request cone view as high as possible.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelchums21
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review. We're thrilled with the new renovations; they add a modern flair to the rooms while remaining comfortable and relaxing. I will make sure Jesi knows of your appreciation! Please let me know when you return; I would be happy to assist with your reservation.