“Convenient to conference center”

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #11 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Hong Kong, China
“Convenient to conference center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

RECOMMENDED: This was a week long visit and managed to get a corner room that had a partial views of Canada Place and mountains. This is an older hotel and bathroom renovations are underway (due for total completion end of February).

I had an un-renovated room, but frankly it was very good condition, very large, comfortable bedding, quiet (though some door slamming from other occupants). Solidly built with quality ingredients. With the corner location, plenty of natural lighting and good black out blinds.

The bathroom was similarly large, good illumination (huge window), plenty of hot water/pressure and reasonable amenities. However, the entire color scheme is a bit dated and the renovation is putting on a more modern touch.

Staff were eager to please and overall a warm stay.

Note: Hotel is connected underground to subway and to office complex and only short outdoor walk to West conference center via these paths.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank roadwarrior30
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest,
We are so excited about the recent completion of Phase 2 of our guest room renovations. We have only four more floors to complete in the first part of 2015, and our restaurant renovation will be complete by the beginning of March 2014. While we may be looking a bit different, our service will remain as exceptional as ever. I look forward to your return!
Indu Brar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Really good location and excellent service. I got room from17th floor facing ocean and view is spectacular. Best ever view in any gotel I have been in. Breakfast is really good and plenty.

Only downside was that room didn't have possibility to control lights in single point. Silly complaint but it would be just easier to get all lights out near bed whhen going to bed.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view and high enough.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tapi0
Dear Guest,
I'm so glad that not only was our stay exceptional, but that the magnificent views added to your experience in our newly renovated guest room. While the renovations are complete on the 17th floor, I will certainly keep your suggestion regarding a single panel for light control in mind for the future. Please let me know when your travels bring you back to The Fairmont Waterfront at indu.brar@fairmont.com.
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed 3 nights at the Waterfront while using the Pan Pacific conference facilities across the street at Canada Place.

Room was very clean and well appointed, staff were very friendly and efficient. Unfortunately restaurant facilities were closed due to renovations which was a bit inconvenient. Gym was, well, "meh"!

Overall though, very happy with my stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Theitodds
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback. I hope we can welcome you again when our new restaurant is open. It's going to be amazing!
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

the second time we stayed the concierge at the front entrance had our room key ready and waiting for us.....perfect! No line up. Upon entering the Fairmont, you enter the bar area that is always packed. I've stayed there twice and both times there was a piano player and a very lively vibe as you walked past to your room
I love the lay out of the rooms......the BEST bathrooms ever (the lights take a bit to figure out)
The views are spectacular and location is close to best shopping area

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,
While I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay, I think you may be confusing us with our neighbours, the Fairmont Pacific Rim, just down the street. I'll be sure to share your warm compliments with them!
Indu Brar General Manager
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here once again when we came into the city for the Hop Scotch Festival in November! This time we had a room that was renovated and wow...what a surprise!! We thought the rooms were wonderful before the reno's so we were pleasantly surprised at the new and modern look this visit to the Fairmont Waterfront!
As usual, we were met with the BEST hospitality in all the city and the service was unbelievable! Within minutes of checking into our room my husband noticed he had left his charger at home for his Blackberry and so I suggested he ask the Concierge if they might have an extra one they could loan him for our 3 nights there! Approximately 10 minutes of my husband returning to our room, the Concierge were at our door with a charger. Always such a pleasure to be treated with this kind of service when staying at their hotel!
End of February we are back in the city for Vancouver's International Wine Festival and we are really looking forward to our next 3 nights at this amazing hotel! Thank you again for always making our stays with you so special!!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barb F
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm thrilled to know that not only did you enjoy the renovations we have made to our guest rooms, but that the service you received was exactly what we strive to provide. I will share your kind comments with my entire team so they know how appreciated they are. We can't wait to welcome you back later this month. Please contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com if I can be of any assistance.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed this time as it was a recommended hotel for the conference I was attending and was pleased that I did. Check in was stunningly quick, the car I had rented went to the valet, he handed me my check in package and up to the room. I had a corner room, a view of the city, it was clean, the linens were great, the TV worked, the desk was workable and plugins to recharge the electronics. I actually liked the retro alarm clock, it was easy to set, and did not require a 10 minute lesson on how to set the time and alarms. My wife joined me for the weekend and we bicycled around Stanley park and snooped around the shops. As the hotel is in walking distance to Gastown, Stanley Park, the Waterfront and shopping, as well as the Waterfront Train station, a car is not required and getting around is easily accomplished.

The downside was that Heron's, the restaurant has a great reputation, was under renovation, but should be completed by this Spring I believe. But there are a number of really great restaurants located within blocks. A Tim Hortons, McDonalds and Starbucks are all located within a block to address any quick breakfast requirements.

The fitness facility was great, the heated pool looked good but I didn't use it.

It was a great base of operations for a week stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rockmotordad
Dear Guest,
I'm so pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay. The Fairmont Waterfront is in a perfect location, whether you're here for business or pleasure; I'm glad you were able to experience a mix of the two. I hope we can welcome you again soon - our newly renovated restaurant will be opening in the beginning of March, though we have alternate dining options for our guests in the meantime.
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed there for a weekend to celebrate my birthday. I got an excellent rate so I am quite satisfied with the hotel. A few notes:

* Location: the location is fine, not too far from the city centre. There aren't many restaurants or shopping nearby but it was only 5-10 minutes walk to the city centre. There is Miku restaurant which is excellent right opposite the hotel. Don't miss this restaurant.

* Kids friendly: I traveled with my 3-year old daughter and the hotel treated her really well. She got coloring books, bath products for kids, and a storybook delivered to our room. We really appreciated the thoughts. Staff at the breakfast buffet were very nice to my daughter. There weren't any activities for very young kids like my daughter apart from the swimming pool maybe.

* Nice renovated room: We got a renovated room on the 4th floor. Everything is new and in good condition, except that some of the lights in the room didn't work but the room was very well-lit. Our room only has a shower, no bath tub, but we prefer shower tall anyway so it didn't bother us. The most annoying thing about the room is noise from the hallway. I guess the door doesn't block much noise. During the 11am-2am period, I constantly hear a lot of noise caused by housekeeping as they work on the rooms nearby or maybe on hallway.

* In-room dining: As the hotel restaurant was closed due to renovations we had one in-room dining meal. The service was great but the food was mediocre as it usually is with hotel room service. We had an ok chicken cobb salad, average burger and very salty NY steak. No bread served with the meal.

* Breakfast buffet: We had breakfast buffet every morning and it was good. There isn't anything fancy but they had good selection of hot and cold items. What made us most happy were the friendly and professional waitress and the young male chef who cooked omelette and egg dishes.

* Housekeeping: they did a good job and very friendly.

* Front desk: hmm.. they were fine but not personable.

* Health club facility: the gym was small but sufficient for your daily workout. Swimming pool was heated but I didn't use it due to very cold weather. There were lockers and a small steamed room in the shower/changing area.

Overall we had a nice stay. I feel this hotel is a very good business hotel, more like a Hyatt Regency/Hilton/Sheraton type hotel than a luxury resort hotel.

Room Tip: Renovated rooms are nice. City view rooms give you view to opposite buildings.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Emilie N
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback; knowing where we excel ensure we can continue to offer the best service possible. Your constuctive comments help us rectify any area where can improve. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you and your daughter again soon!