My husband and I had a lovely weekend at this hotel. When the desk staff heard it was our first visit, they spontaneously upgraded us to one of their newly renovated, larger rooms. We had a corner room on the 10th floor -- tons of floor space even with a king-size bed and other furniture. Having a corner room gave us two enormous picture windows -- one looking out over the water, and the other over the city. Fabulous. The bathroom was very large and well appointed, with a large walk-in shower.
The hotel is joined to an underground network of shops and restaurants, and you can reach Canada Place this way without having to go outside if the weather is inclement. We had the buffet breakfast each morning, and it had a wide sampling of hot and cold foods plus a chef to make omelets. The main restaurant was closed due to renovations, so each guest at the breakfast buffet received a little food gift at the end of the meal. The servers were very warm and friendly.
What we also really appreciated was the attitude of the staff. Totally obliging, friendly, and committed to doing whatever possible to ensure the best possible stay for each of their guests. Even the house-cleaners were friendly! That said something to me -- most often the cleaning staff seem to work apart, just focusing on their cleaning. In this hotel, it seemed like they had also been trained to see themselves as part of the larger staff with the same dedication to friendly warm service. The men handling valet parking were extremely helpful, and the desk staff and concierge staff were excellent as well. We received a 50% discount on parking because we drove a hybrid, one way the hotel is trying to encourage environmental sustainability.
We appreciated the other amenities available, although we only had time for the hot tub.
We would certainly stay here again. A great experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Waterfront luxury hotel showcases the best of Vancouver. Conveniently situated beside the Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal and adjacent to the Vancouver Convention Centre, this luxury Vancouver hotel has a central harbour location, ideal for any stay. Guests can enjoy shopping, trendy restaurants, art galleries, Gastown, Chinatown and famous Stanley Park all within steps of our doors. This Four Diamond urban retreat is world renowned for its warm and welcoming service and truly showcases the best of Vancouver. The 489 newly renovated Vancouver Waterfront hotel rooms are spacious, elegantly appointed with distinctive amenities and showcase spectacular city, mountain and harbour views through floor-to-ceiling windows. The Fairmont Gold floor is an exclusive hotel within a hotel, featuring complimentary breakfast and evening canapes, personal concierge service and an exclusive lounge and terrace with harbour-views. Visit the on-site restaurant ARC. The culinary team embraces fresh, local and sustainable ingredients complemented by hotel-grown herbs from the 2,100 square foot rooftop garden and honey from the on-site honeybee colony. Expect simple, flavor focused cuisine, cooked with flawless execution appealing to discerning or emerging palates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Hotel Waterfront
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont
- Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver