“Warmth and friendliness...with class”

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My husband and I had a lovely weekend at this hotel. When the desk staff heard it was our first visit, they spontaneously upgraded us to one of their newly renovated, larger rooms. We had a corner room on the 10th floor -- tons of floor space even with a king-size bed and other furniture. Having a corner room gave us two enormous picture windows -- one looking out over the water, and the other over the city. Fabulous. The bathroom was very large and well appointed, with a large walk-in shower.

The hotel is joined to an underground network of shops and restaurants, and you can reach Canada Place this way without having to go outside if the weather is inclement. We had the buffet breakfast each morning, and it had a wide sampling of hot and cold foods plus a chef to make omelets. The main restaurant was closed due to renovations, so each guest at the breakfast buffet received a little food gift at the end of the meal. The servers were very warm and friendly.

What we also really appreciated was the attitude of the staff. Totally obliging, friendly, and committed to doing whatever possible to ensure the best possible stay for each of their guests. Even the house-cleaners were friendly! That said something to me -- most often the cleaning staff seem to work apart, just focusing on their cleaning. In this hotel, it seemed like they had also been trained to see themselves as part of the larger staff with the same dedication to friendly warm service. The men handling valet parking were extremely helpful, and the desk staff and concierge staff were excellent as well. We received a 50% discount on parking because we drove a hybrid, one way the hotel is trying to encourage environmental sustainability.

We appreciated the other amenities available, although we only had time for the hot tub.

We would certainly stay here again. A great experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room -- with two walls of windows. Makes for a magnificent view!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Guest,
I am so pleased that you had such a spectacular experience at The Fairmont Waterfront. We do our best to make sure we offer a warm and welcoming home away from home and I'm so glad that you were offered exceptional service and witnessed the great teamwork we are known for. I can't wait to welcome you again!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Just spent four nights at this hotel. We were upgraded to a Gold room which was very nice. The weather was not so good so we ended up spending much more time in the hotel than we are used to.

The service was very good. There was always someone to look after our needs. I would particularly mention the young man working in the pool area over the weekend.

The lounge and dining room opened the day we arrived. It is obviously still not finished. We were not wowed by the decor, but the drinks were nice as was the service. We did not eat there so I cannot comment on that.

Because we were in a gold room we had access to the gold lounge which was very nice. We had breakfast there each morning and even stopped by for some appetizers before we went out to the wine festival at the conference centre. Again, service was top notch.

The room was large and comfortable. We got turn down service every night, bath robes and slippers were supplied as well as nice toiletries. The bathroom had a large glass shower and a TV in the mirror, which I enjoyed. If I could change anything it would be to pipe the sound of the TV into the shower so I could listen as well as watch.

The hotel is in a nice location with good access to the park, Gastown and the convention centre. This was our first visit as a couple since 2002. Last year we were at the Pacific Rim, which is also a beautiful hotel and I would have no hesitation recommending either of them. In fact we had a discussion about which one we preferred and did not come to a resolution.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat Y
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Fairmont Gold truly is a hotel within a hotel and I'm so glad you had a chance to experience it. I will share your compliments to the Fairmont Gold team and with Brandon, our Health Club attendant. I hope you can join us again after the end of March, when ARC, our new restaurant and lounge, will officially open!

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Another few nights at the Waterfront. Always great service and smoothly run operation! Close to downtown and Canada Place with LRT station outside. The staff here always go above and beyond what is required. Highly recommend this hotel!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Consistently providing exceptional service is one of our biggest priorities; knowing that we're accomplishing our goal is great and I will make sure your comments are shared with my team. Please contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com when you return!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The concierge at this hotel is the best one i have seen. They go out of their way to help you. Especially Salima. She is so helpful. I can't believe how much they want to make your stay the best.
The hotel is also very nice, but what most stood out to me was the helpful environment.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
We do our best to always provide friendly, engaging service and I'm thrilled that our entire team was so helpful. I will make sure Salima is especially recognized. I look forward to welcoming you back!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Well located, great amenities, fabulous staff. Very convenient to downtown business district. Get a room with a harbour view. Short walking distance to Gastown tourist area and many great restaurants. Across the street from the cruise port.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Giacs

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad our location was ideal for you and you had a chance to experience some of what downtown Vancouver has to offer. I hope we can welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Immaculate staff on service requests. Nice waterfront view on higher floor facing it. Other than taxi to specific outlying locations, the hotel is connected to underground shops, restaurants and best of all Canada Line. Take a water bus (terminal path also located underneath the hotel floors) and experience the view crossing to North Vancouver. In sum, the hotel's location afford easy walking along waterfront, rail lines to go about shopping and eating.

If you plan on using the rail lines and water bus to multiple places daily, consider buying a daily pass.

Splendid!

Room Tip: High floor facing the water; and suites with full height windows.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Guest,
We're incredibly lucky to be in such an excellent location, operating in the heart of downtown Vancouver. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and will share your complimentary comments about the service you received with my team. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Rate is ok. Location is excellent. Staff are friendly and professional. Room was nice enough. Facilities were good. My problem was the constant upsale - on checking in a pitch for a room upgrade - $14/day for wifi - 7.50 for a bottle of water - and so on... Usually stuff I expect as complimentary, I started to worry if I used more than 6 squares of TP, my bill would get charged... ;-) I am going to shop around for a bit before I decide if I will come back as I am in Vancouver a couple times a month.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Guest,
I appreciate your feedback; I want all of our guests to not only receive the exceptional service we are known for, but also feel that they have received value for their money. Please note that we provide complimentary Internet to our Fairmont President's Club guests, a free loyalty program with sign-up available on our website or at the front desk of any Fairmont Hotel or Resort. Please contact me when you return at indu.brar@fairmont.com; it would be my pleasure to assist with your travel plans.