“Convenient, comfortable and great staff!”

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #11 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sidney, Canada
“Convenient, comfortable and great staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel is right down at the waterfront adjacent to the Pan Pacific and the Vancouver Convention and Trade Center - where I was attending a convention.
Was nice not to have to cab or walk that far to get where we were going.
It was pouring rain while we were here and they had umbrellas at the door to use during your stay if needed.
Also very close to a beautiful sea walk and close access to Stanley Park and its seawall.
After going for a run, the door people have towels and water for you when you return - a very nice touch.
The Skytrain station is very close for access to greater Vancouver easily.

The rooms are very comfortable, clean and modern with plenty of room to move around.
The beds are VERY comfortable with plenty of pillows - they are down and one of our girls was allergic to down, so was given a polyester pillow.
Towels are large and clean, are not old and worn at all.
There are windows that you can actually open for fresh air when sleeping, very much appreciated.

The one thing that I did not like at all was the new bathroom supplies - they have changed to a company that has a very annoying strong perfumed base and I broke out in a rash with the shower gel - I usually don't bring my own as in the past I have loved their bathroom supplies and have had no problems. They were not heavily perfumed and were of a very good quality.

There are bath robes to go to the hot tub and/or pool with shower and steam sauna ( eucalyptus ) in the change room. The gym was a very popular place early morning and there was extra towels and water with lemon and ice to stay hydrated.
Also in the room is a Keurig coffee maker and a kettle to boil water for tea. There were several packets of tea and a variety of coffee - although we were there for 3 nights, this did not get restocked - we could have had extras if we asked so, not a concern.

The staff are very friendly and want to help you in any way that they can to make your stay comfortable - never met a person who did not appear to enjoy their job.

The BIG thing that really gets me and the others I was traveling with is the fact that you pay premium prices at these hotels and then have to pay for internet - the lower prices hotels all include it - this seems a bit backwards.

Room Tip: A room away from the elevator will be quieter as the late hotel guests returning are a wee bit loud...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,
It sounds as though you had the chance to experience almost everything we have to offer and I'm thrilled that the service matched our exceptional location and amenities. I invite you to sign up for a Fairmont President's Club profile (which also offers our guests complimentary Internet access) online and update your preferences to request scent-free bath amenities, which are available at all Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, so we can have them in your guest room prior to arrival. I hope we can welcome you again soon!
Indu Brar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

My husband and I had a lovely weekend at this hotel. When the desk staff heard it was our first visit, they spontaneously upgraded us to one of their newly renovated, larger rooms. We had a corner room on the 10th floor -- tons of floor space even with a king-size bed and other furniture. Having a corner room gave us two enormous picture windows -- one looking out over the water, and the other over the city. Fabulous. The bathroom was very large and well appointed, with a large walk-in shower.

The hotel is joined to an underground network of shops and restaurants, and you can reach Canada Place this way without having to go outside if the weather is inclement. We had the buffet breakfast each morning, and it had a wide sampling of hot and cold foods plus a chef to make omelets. The main restaurant was closed due to renovations, so each guest at the breakfast buffet received a little food gift at the end of the meal. The servers were very warm and friendly.

What we also really appreciated was the attitude of the staff. Totally obliging, friendly, and committed to doing whatever possible to ensure the best possible stay for each of their guests. Even the house-cleaners were friendly! That said something to me -- most often the cleaning staff seem to work apart, just focusing on their cleaning. In this hotel, it seemed like they had also been trained to see themselves as part of the larger staff with the same dedication to friendly warm service. The men handling valet parking were extremely helpful, and the desk staff and concierge staff were excellent as well. We received a 50% discount on parking because we drove a hybrid, one way the hotel is trying to encourage environmental sustainability.

We appreciated the other amenities available, although we only had time for the hot tub.

We would certainly stay here again. A great experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room -- with two walls of windows. Makes for a magnificent view!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guest,
I am so pleased that you had such a spectacular experience at The Fairmont Waterfront. We do our best to make sure we offer a warm and welcoming home away from home and I'm so glad that you were offered exceptional service and witnessed the great teamwork we are known for. I can't wait to welcome you again!
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Just spent four nights at this hotel. We were upgraded to a Gold room which was very nice. The weather was not so good so we ended up spending much more time in the hotel than we are used to.

The service was very good. There was always someone to look after our needs. I would particularly mention the young man working in the pool area over the weekend.

The lounge and dining room opened the day we arrived. It is obviously still not finished. We were not wowed by the decor, but the drinks were nice as was the service. We did not eat there so I cannot comment on that.

Because we were in a gold room we had access to the gold lounge which was very nice. We had breakfast there each morning and even stopped by for some appetizers before we went out to the wine festival at the conference centre. Again, service was top notch.

The room was large and comfortable. We got turn down service every night, bath robes and slippers were supplied as well as nice toiletries. The bathroom had a large glass shower and a TV in the mirror, which I enjoyed. If I could change anything it would be to pipe the sound of the TV into the shower so I could listen as well as watch.

The hotel is in a nice location with good access to the park, Gastown and the convention centre. This was our first visit as a couple since 2002. Last year we were at the Pacific Rim, which is also a beautiful hotel and I would have no hesitation recommending either of them. In fact we had a discussion about which one we preferred and did not come to a resolution.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pat Y
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Fairmont Gold truly is a hotel within a hotel and I'm so glad you had a chance to experience it. I will share your compliments to the Fairmont Gold team and with Brandon, our Health Club attendant. I hope you can join us again after the end of March, when ARC, our new restaurant and lounge, will officially open!
Comox, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Another few nights at the Waterfront. Always great service and smoothly run operation! Close to downtown and Canada Place with LRT station outside. The staff here always go above and beyond what is required. Highly recommend this hotel!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Consistently providing exceptional service is one of our biggest priorities; knowing that we're accomplishing our goal is great and I will make sure your comments are shared with my team. Please contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com when you return!
Warm Regards,
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

The concierge at this hotel is the best one i have seen. They go out of their way to help you. Especially Salima. She is so helpful. I can't believe how much they want to make your stay the best.
The hotel is also very nice, but what most stood out to me was the helpful environment.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
We do our best to always provide friendly, engaging service and I'm thrilled that our entire team was so helpful. I will make sure Salima is especially recognized. I look forward to welcoming you back!
Warm Regards,
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Well located, great amenities, fabulous staff. Very convenient to downtown business district. Get a room with a harbour view. Short walking distance to Gastown tourist area and many great restaurants. Across the street from the cruise port.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Giacs
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad our location was ideal for you and you had a chance to experience some of what downtown Vancouver has to offer. I hope we can welcome you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Immaculate staff on service requests. Nice waterfront view on higher floor facing it. Other than taxi to specific outlying locations, the hotel is connected to underground shops, restaurants and best of all Canada Line. Take a water bus (terminal path also located underneath the hotel floors) and experience the view crossing to North Vancouver. In sum, the hotel's location afford easy walking along waterfront, rail lines to go about shopping and eating.

If you plan on using the rail lines and water bus to multiple places daily, consider buying a daily pass.

Splendid!

Room Tip: High floor facing the water; and suites with full height windows.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Guest,
We're incredibly lucky to be in such an excellent location, operating in the heart of downtown Vancouver. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and will share your complimentary comments about the service you received with my team. I hope to see you again soon!