This hotel is right down at the waterfront adjacent to the Pan Pacific and the Vancouver Convention and Trade Center - where I was attending a convention.
Was nice not to have to cab or walk that far to get where we were going.
It was pouring rain while we were here and they had umbrellas at the door to use during your stay if needed.
Also very close to a beautiful sea walk and close access to Stanley Park and its seawall.
After going for a run, the door people have towels and water for you when you return - a very nice touch.
The Skytrain station is very close for access to greater Vancouver easily.
The rooms are very comfortable, clean and modern with plenty of room to move around.
The beds are VERY comfortable with plenty of pillows - they are down and one of our girls was allergic to down, so was given a polyester pillow.
Towels are large and clean, are not old and worn at all.
There are windows that you can actually open for fresh air when sleeping, very much appreciated.
The one thing that I did not like at all was the new bathroom supplies - they have changed to a company that has a very annoying strong perfumed base and I broke out in a rash with the shower gel - I usually don't bring my own as in the past I have loved their bathroom supplies and have had no problems. They were not heavily perfumed and were of a very good quality.
There are bath robes to go to the hot tub and/or pool with shower and steam sauna ( eucalyptus ) in the change room. The gym was a very popular place early morning and there was extra towels and water with lemon and ice to stay hydrated.
Also in the room is a Keurig coffee maker and a kettle to boil water for tea. There were several packets of tea and a variety of coffee - although we were there for 3 nights, this did not get restocked - we could have had extras if we asked so, not a concern.
The staff are very friendly and want to help you in any way that they can to make your stay comfortable - never met a person who did not appear to enjoy their job.
The BIG thing that really gets me and the others I was traveling with is the fact that you pay premium prices at these hotels and then have to pay for internet - the lower prices hotels all include it - this seems a bit backwards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Waterfront luxury hotel showcases the best of Vancouver. Conveniently situated beside the Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal and adjacent to the Vancouver Convention Centre, this luxury Vancouver hotel has a central harbour location, ideal for any stay. Guests can enjoy shopping, trendy restaurants, art galleries, Gastown, Chinatown and famous Stanley Park all within steps of our doors. This Four Diamond urban retreat is world renowned for its warm and welcoming service and truly showcases the best of Vancouver. The 489 newly renovated Vancouver Waterfront hotel rooms are spacious, elegantly appointed with distinctive amenities and showcase spectacular city, mountain and harbour views through floor-to-ceiling windows. The Fairmont Gold floor is an exclusive hotel within a hotel, featuring complimentary breakfast and evening canapes, personal concierge service and an exclusive lounge and terrace with harbour-views. Visit the on-site restaurant ARC. The culinary team embraces fresh, local and sustainable ingredients complemented by hotel-grown herbs from the 2,100 square foot rooftop garden and honey from the on-site honeybee colony. Expect simple, flavor focused cuisine, cooked with flawless execution appealing to discerning or emerging palates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Hotel Waterfront
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont
- Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver