“My home away from home in Vancouver.”

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #11 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto, Canada
“My home away from home in Vancouver.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel with excellent customer service from all of the staff. They know how to look after guests and the perks of the President's Club are a bonus. I love the location and ease of arricing/departing from YVR via the Skytrain. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Canadiantraveler8888
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Knowing that you consider us your home away from home is wonderful. We do our best to provide our guests with amazing service in an atmosphere of relaxed luxury and I'm so glad that's what you're experiencing. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Indu Brar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have been staying in these five star Fairmont Hotels all over the USA and Canada and then we stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver and I must say this was the crème de la crème!
The hotel location and décor and superlative appointment was impeccable but the service from the wonderful and friendly staff was the most memorable !! Will definitely call in again next time I am in your neck of the woods .
DR ANDREW E ONG ( I was travelling with APT )

Room Tip: The higher floors have the greater and grander views
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I am thrilled to hear what an exceptional stay you had at The Fairmont Waterfront. We do our utmost to provide our guests with the best experience possible and knowing that we delivered means a lot. I invite you to contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com when your travels bring you back to Vancouver; it will be my pleasure to assist you with your plans.
Southend-on-sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 days recently on a stop over before heading to whistler. As always the fairmont chain never lets us down. We stayed on the Fairmont Gold level which was excellent, I was taken ill during our stay and the hotel night manager was incredibly helpful, a hotel car was arranged to take me to the emergency room and follow up care was great. It was a self inflicted food poisoning (dodgy oyster) but the hotel took it upon themselves to call the restaurant (without my knowledge) and a full refund was given (although I think this was completely unnecessary as if you choose to eat raw oysters you take the chance!). We always choose a fairmont if there is one available where we are going and will continue to do so; their customer service is exceptional at all levels.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
While I am sorry to hear that you were unwell during your stay, I am so pleased to hear that my team was able to assist and make things as comfortable for you as possible. I will share your compliments and look forward to see you again!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

We spent a week in this wonderful hotel, simply spectacular. WOW. What a hotel! Our room overlooked the water, you can spend the whole day enjoying the views! The location was very convenient,. Staff was very attentive and professional. Maybe noisy but highly recommended! jim_webb

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I'm so pleased to hear that not only was the location and view to your liking, but that the service you received was equally exceptional. I hope we can welcome you again soon!
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in March 2014 and found the hotel to be very comfortable and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a room on the 18th floor where the view was exceptional, over the water to the mountains beyond. It was great watching the sea planes landing and taking off!!
Tip: sign up to the Fairmont President's Club before you go and wifi is then free!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LizG10959
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm thrilled that The Fairmont Waterfront was your choice while visiting Vancouver and that the service, amenities, and views were so exceptional. I hope we can welcome you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here while on a business trip in which I worked very long hours. So to come to a room with a scrumptiously plush bed and a shower to die for erased all my burdens. The sundries provided alone makes it worth a stay at this hotel. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. The location is perfect within walking distance of restaurants, shopping and it connects to Canada Place via an underground passage..

Will definitely stay here again and maybe use the pool next time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review. We do our utmost to provide our guests with a home away from home, making you as comfortable as possible. I'm thrilled we were able to provide you with a relaxing oasis in the heart of the city. I look forward to welcoming you again; please contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com if I can offer any assistance.
Sidney, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel is right down at the waterfront adjacent to the Pan Pacific and the Vancouver Convention and Trade Center - where I was attending a convention.
Was nice not to have to cab or walk that far to get where we were going.
It was pouring rain while we were here and they had umbrellas at the door to use during your stay if needed.
Also very close to a beautiful sea walk and close access to Stanley Park and its seawall.
After going for a run, the door people have towels and water for you when you return - a very nice touch.
The Skytrain station is very close for access to greater Vancouver easily.

The rooms are very comfortable, clean and modern with plenty of room to move around.
The beds are VERY comfortable with plenty of pillows - they are down and one of our girls was allergic to down, so was given a polyester pillow.
Towels are large and clean, are not old and worn at all.
There are windows that you can actually open for fresh air when sleeping, very much appreciated.

The one thing that I did not like at all was the new bathroom supplies - they have changed to a company that has a very annoying strong perfumed base and I broke out in a rash with the shower gel - I usually don't bring my own as in the past I have loved their bathroom supplies and have had no problems. They were not heavily perfumed and were of a very good quality.

There are bath robes to go to the hot tub and/or pool with shower and steam sauna ( eucalyptus ) in the change room. The gym was a very popular place early morning and there was extra towels and water with lemon and ice to stay hydrated.
Also in the room is a Keurig coffee maker and a kettle to boil water for tea. There were several packets of tea and a variety of coffee - although we were there for 3 nights, this did not get restocked - we could have had extras if we asked so, not a concern.

The staff are very friendly and want to help you in any way that they can to make your stay comfortable - never met a person who did not appear to enjoy their job.

The BIG thing that really gets me and the others I was traveling with is the fact that you pay premium prices at these hotels and then have to pay for internet - the lower prices hotels all include it - this seems a bit backwards.

Room Tip: A room away from the elevator will be quieter as the late hotel guests returning are a wee bit loud...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
It sounds as though you had the chance to experience almost everything we have to offer and I'm thrilled that the service matched our exceptional location and amenities. I invite you to sign up for a Fairmont President's Club profile (which also offers our guests complimentary Internet access) online and update your preferences to request scent-free bath amenities, which are available at all Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, so we can have them in your guest room prior to arrival. I hope we can welcome you again soon!