Fairmont Waterfront
Very Good 4/5
Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver(Vancouver)
St. Regis Hotel(Vancouver)
3,564 results
All reviewsarc restaurantcanada placegold floorstanley parkcruise terminalpresident's clubconvention centeroutdoor poolpacific rimcorner roomnorth vancouvercity viewyour luggageconcierge staffexcellent hotelgas townalaskan cruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

If you plan going on a cruise vacation departing from Vancouver, that's the hotel you should definitely be aiming at. Walking distance to the terminal, luggage services at your disposal at the front desk (for those embarking on a ship) and a very positive location, with view to the Stanley Park and North Shore mountain.
Not a cheap one but one should expect five-star experience at this hotel. Good food and a green roof with apiary plus man other smaller surprises.
I recommend the Fairmont Waterfront for anyone with a large pocket planning on going to Vancouver.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruno M
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,
We're so pleased to be able to offer a fantastic location just across the street from the cruise ship terminal, as well as exceptional service. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just checked in to the Fairmont Waterfront. I have travelled a bit over the past few years and it has been a while since I ran into a place that still charges for internet. We are here for the next two days and I can say the location is great.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,
I'm so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your stay with us, though disappointed that you were not informed about out Fairmont President's Club; a complimentary loyalty program with many benefits, including Internet. Please check with our Front Desk to sign up; Internet will also be included at any other Fairmont Hotel or Resort in the world!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

At an excellent location, right on the waterfront at Canada Place and with an internal escalator down to the skytrain. Stanley Park is just a few minutes walk away, or you may chose to make use of the complementary bicycles available at the hotel. The waterfront rooms offer great views. Fairmont bathrooms are always a disappointment however. The ones at the Waterfront are reasonably spacious, but lack a separate shower, and again in common with other Canadian Fairmonts, a lack of drawer space to store clothing if your visit it for more than a couple of days. One gets the feeling the hotel is geared more for conference than tourist/visitor trade, but really enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DCDP
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your review. I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay though am very sorry that there were some deficiencies. We have added additional drawers to our recently renovated guest rooms; please contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com when your travels bring you back to Vancouver; I would be please to ensure we do our best to provide you with everything you need.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I paid a group rate for this property while attending a conference, so didn't pay as much as others. I enjoyed the property immensely. I love newer properties with good amenities. My room overlooked town (away from the water), but I didn't care, as I really only use my room for sleeping, getting cleaned up and some office work.

The internet was good and fast. The blackout drapes were good at cutting out almost all light when I took an afternoon nap. The desk is made for the business traveller, with a decent chair, and a compartment for plugging in both AC adapters and USBs, and some other stuff.

The bathroom was large enough with plenty of space for everything from my toiletry bag. VERY KEY: I love the fact that housekeeping didn't put back all the pillows, comforters, etc., that I spent so much time removing my first night. Thanks for that!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We do our best to provide an atmosphere of relaxed luxury, perfect for guests travelling on business or for independent travellers. I will share your feedback with my team, though especially Housekeeping. I hope we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location if you want to be near Gastown, Five Sails, Seawall and Stanley Park. However, for a little more than the $355.00 we paid for a Terrace Room (double beds instead of a queen or king bed that we would have preferred), we would consider staying at the Fairmont Pacific Rim which is newer and more contempory-in-style. For $50-$150 more, I would consider staying at the Four Seasons.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your review and please accept my apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager to ensure we are providing our guests with their preferred bed type whenever possible. Please contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com if I may be of any assistance with a future reservation. I know we can make your stay exceptional.