The Fairmont Waterfront has a lot going for it. The location is great, convenient to downtown and businesses and walking distance (with a good pair of shoes) to Stanley park along the sea wall. The bathrooms are fantastic for a hotel, the beds comfortable, and the service is true to the Fairmont brand.
What kept things from excellent for me were the fit and finish of the room and the quality of the in-room dining. Even on the 10th floor I could hear street noise, and you could hear the elevators "bing" non-stop in our room around the corner. Investing in some upgraded soundproofing would go a long way. There were also tears and rips in the carpet, although the room did appear to be recently renovated. The food from room service, though, was a complete disappointment. The breakfast we ordered was pathetic. The portions were tiny, the quality low, and the presentation almost non-existent. Easily the worst hotel breakfast (room service or otherwise) I've had in North America. As a business traveller, this is an important consideration for me, enough so that I will likely not return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Waterfront luxury hotel showcases the best of Vancouver. Conveniently situated beside the Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal and adjacent to the Vancouver Convention Centre, this luxury Vancouver hotel has a central harbour location, ideal for any stay. Guests can enjoy shopping, trendy restaurants, art galleries, Gastown, Chinatown and famous Stanley Park all within steps of our doors. This Four Diamond urban retreat is world renowned for its warm and welcoming service and truly showcases the best of Vancouver. The 489 newly renovated Vancouver Waterfront hotel rooms are spacious, elegantly appointed with distinctive amenities and showcase spectacular city, mountain and harbour views through floor-to-ceiling windows. The Fairmont Gold floor is an exclusive hotel within a hotel, featuring complimentary breakfast and evening canapes, personal concierge service and an exclusive lounge and terrace with harbour-views. Visit the on-site restaurant ARC. The culinary team embraces fresh, local and sustainable ingredients complemented by hotel-grown herbs from the 2,100 square foot rooftop garden and honey from the on-site honeybee colony. Expect simple, flavor focused cuisine, cooked with flawless execution appealing to discerning or emerging palates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Hotel Waterfront
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont
- Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver