“Wonderful experience”

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #12 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Beautiful room, view and great service. Beautiful city and great location for getting around town. We only stayed 2 nights wish we had more time. Will definitely go back some day! Very walkable city, they gave us lots of suggestions for dining and site seeing. Take the time to do the waterfront walk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,
The walk along the seawall is one of my favourites. It's great by bike as well; ask our Concierge team about the complimentary bikes we have available for our Fairmont President's Club guests! I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Amazing service and very affordable. All staff were personable and helpful. Rooms beautiful and excellent amenities. Check in fast and assistance with places to visit and help in getting to each location outstanding.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,
I'm so glad to hear that the service you received was warm, engaging, and exactly what we strive to provide. I look forward to sharing your feedback with my team and hopefully seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a large double room at the hotel, with a fantastic view of the harbour, waterfront and surrounding mountains. The service was great and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The breakfast was good value and tasty - try and get Darrin to serve you if you can - he is a hoot!

Make good use of the concierge desk - they are helpful, the prices you pay are less than you pay on the street and restaurant bookings get you to the front of the queue of ones that are fully booked!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to share your compliments with Darrin and our Concierge team. I hope we can welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This Fairmont property is located across from Canada place, where cruise ships dock. It is fairly modern and nic of the harbour and mountains. Try and get a corner room. It is a short walk to downtown, where there are numerous restaurant choices. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is a starbucks across the street. The gym is adequate but on the small side. Wifi service is excellent.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. I'm pleased that your enjoyed your stay, including the service and location. I hope we can welcome you again!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed on the same level as the pool and fitness center and loved my walk out to the garden/ pool. The beds were incredibly comfortable and the staff were amazingly helpful and polite. Theo at the valet went above and beyond to make my stay special and to accommodate special requests. He always greeted me and my visiting friends with a smile and warm welcome. The in room dining service was also prompt and the mashed potatoes were AMAZING!!!! I also visited the Fairmont Pacific Rim (down the road) and was able to charge my meal to my room at the Waterfront. The food and service at The Rim was wonderful! Loren at the Rim was helpful in finding my friends and I a spot in the lounge and we really enjoyed the complimentary popcorn with our cocktails! Great service and great staff at both locations!!!!

Room Tip: Loved being on the same level as the fitness centre and pool!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
A short walk in our garden or a dip in the pool can be the perfect end (or start) to a great day. I'm pleased you were able to experience it, as well as the exceptional service we strive to hard to provide. I look forward to sharing your compliments with Theo, Loren at the Pacific Rim, and the rest of our team. I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The Fairmont is across the street from the cruise terminal which makes accessing ships easy and Vancouver attractions. The bell desk will even take your luggage across for you. The service was friendly and efficient. The rooms have beautiful harbor views and the king suite was perfect for our family of four. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
We are very lucky to be able to offer our guests such an exceptional location, right in the heart of downtown Vancouver and across the street from Canada Place and the cruise ship terminal. I'm so pleased the service you received was as exemplary.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I cannot say enough good things about the service we received from our stay at the Waterfront before our cruise. Unfortunately my partner had fractured his leg a week before our stay and the service we received was phenomenal. This included the use of a wheelchair during our stay. The doorman was helpful and informative and front desk was really great.

My only reservation was the restaurant and quality of food. We had breakfast included and were disappointed to find that there was no hot breakfasts available. Dinner I found the menu very limited and our meal was Luke warm when we received it.

But that does not stop me from praising this hotel and we will definitely stay there again next year when we return to Vancouver.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your review. I'm so pleased to hear that our entire team provided exceptional service, our Bell team especially. I have shared your comments concerning your breakfast experience with our Director of Food & Beverage who will ensure we are properly communicating the hot items on both our breakfast buffet and à la carte menu. I hope we can welcome you again.