“Nothing but praise!”

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #12 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The service this hotel provided us with was nothing short of outstanding. The views out across the water are sensational and the rooms of the highest standard. But what impressed us most was the exceptional service. When I arrived from Australia ill, they brought complementary hot honey tea drinks to my room. A few days later they provided a car and driver -also free- to drive me to the hospital and back for tests. If we ever go back to Vancouver, there is just one hotel I would head for. Brilliant.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view room. It is well worthwhile paying extra for this. There are wonderful panorama...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,
I am thrilled to hear that the service we provided was so appreciated, though I am sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well for your visit. I can't wait to share your compliments with my team. If you travels bring you back to Vancouver, please contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com
Indu Brar

Write a ReviewReviews (3,513)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I spent 5 days here and really enjoyed it. First let's talk about location. I cannot think of a better location in Vancouver than the Fairmont Waterfront. Please take note that there are at least 3 Fairmont's in Vancouver and at least two of them are very close but as far as location this one is the one to stay at. The rooms were just a touch dated but very spacious and comfortable. The beds were some of the best I have enjoyed anywhere. This hotel is directly across the street from everything and is in a location to be a walker's delight since everything is so close. The staff were very good but not exceptional. You will have no problems with their staff but I have been at other hotels that really go the extra mile for you. Our room was just a little problematic. On the one hand the view was exceptional but on the other hand our suite was sitting right on their elevators and we could hear some elevator noise (not excessive) for half the night. All said, I would recommend this hotel and its staff. I enjoyed a little message and treat from the manager which was a very nice touch. I thought it was comparably priced for what you get.

Room Tip: The 23rd floor has amazing views on the water but make sure you ask for rooms that are not right on...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ray J

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are so pleased to be able to offer our guests a spectacular location in the heart of downtown Vancouver. I was disappointed to read that there were some portions of your stay that did not meet your expectations, though they were not a detriment to your enjoyment. I will follow up with my team to ensure we are always providing the best service possible.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

n outstanding hotel both in situation, comfort, and quality.Excellent friendly and well informed staff.The room we chose had an amazing view over Vancouver harbour and the beds were frankly the most comfortable we have ever had the pleasure of sleeping in. Without exception the staff were not only extremely friendly but very well trained . The UK could learn a great deal from the hospitality business in Canada.A real stunner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I'm thrilled to read what an exceptional stay you had and of the fantastic service you received. I can't wait to share your feedback with my team. I hope we can welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My partner and I were lucky enough to stay on the nineteenth floor of the Vancouver Fairmont Waterfront with a huge window view of Canada Place and the cruise ship terminal. This is without a doubt the best hotel view I have ever seen. The service in the hotel was also terrific and I highly recommend staying there for anyone who can afford it!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your review. We are pleased to offer some spectacular views from our guest rooms and knowing that it meant so much to you is so gratifying. I hope we can see you again the next time you visit Vancouver!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great hotel, very friendly and helpful staff. Room a good size and bathroom super. Request a waterfront view. Good location to get around. Concierge is super, so helpful. Car parking v expensive. We always prefer Fairmonts!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for visiting The Fairmont Waterfront and for being a loyal guest of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. I'm so please you enjoyed your stay and will share your compliments with my team, especially Concierge. I hope we can welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This place is built and services the cruise population and that means at night it's quiet, you cannot beat the access to waterfront and shops and transportation (you are right out the door off the Canada Line direct to Airport / seabus direct to North Van. Clean public spaces and an above average hotel restaurant though pricey (as hotel restaurants tend to be). The problem, I think is the age of the hotel - mid 80's - and not sound proof doors in a donut configuration hallway. That means you hear all the cruise / conference people stirring and moving big luggage and porters and guides outside your door every morning from about 6:00 am.
Bathroom on check-in - old tired tub despite the refurbishment - with long hair in tub and a few on the bathroom floor (not ours). I did mention to front desk and it was taken care of. The room was OK, we paid extra for a view and were given partial which at the price we paid should not have been but we were in town for family business and really not emotionally up to repacking and moving rooms. Worst was the morning noise with cruise people talking loudly in hall and porters with luggage. It's just not a relaxing place. I think I would abandon the view and opt for the Four Seasons or Metropolitan again. If you can afford the luxury - Shangrila or Fairmont Pacific Rim (though their lobby is super noisy also).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony L

Dear Guest,
I'm very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. We do have quite a few guests in the summer that are staying with us prior to a cruise and are working on different projects to ensure our guest rooms are as quiet as possible. I will follow up with our Executive Housekeeper regarding the cleanliness of your room as well; what you describe is not in keeping with our usual high level of service.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We chose this location knowing we'd be arriving on Canada Day & wanted to have a great location to view fireworks from without battling the crowds. Not knowing precisely where the fireworks barge is year to year, the helpful staff at Fairmont gave us their best guess. Our 20th floor room worked perfectly and provided a stunning view of the entire area!

Parking rates for self or valet are around $45/day. Self-parking was a breeze and very close. It's too bad the hotel can't source more economic bottled water for the guest rooms ($9) But then, we live in a time when we shouldn't be choosing those things anyway;) The entire facility and room very all to expected standards. very clean, new. Nothing in the room showed signs of wear. Very quiet and comfortable.

This location would be highly recommended for those who want to be conveniently located downtown, have lots of amenities and of course, a stunning view with Fairmont's calibre of hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I'm so pleased your guest room had great views of the Canada Day fireworks. We're thrilled to offer our guests and excellent location right in the heart of downtown Vancouver and I'm happy to hear that you had a chance to explore the area. I look foward to sharing your compliments with my team!