“Fabulous hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Danville, California
“Fabulous hotel”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Fairmont Waterfront offers everything; fabulous view, great cuisine, outstanding service! This was my third stay and I always recommend it to all my friends. The Gold Level was an excellent value with all the complimentary food presentations and personal concierge assisting with all our plans while staying in Vancouver.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm thrilled so see that your stay was exceptional and even happier that The Fairmont Waterfront is your go-to hotel in Vancouver. Thank you for your loyalty. I look forward to welcoming you again!
Indu Brar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (884)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Millarville
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a harbour view upgrade which made our stay outstanding. I highly recommend the Gold level as the quality and set is really something special. I didn't want to leave!! Rooms were quiet and very clean which made our stay perfect!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Fairmont Gold truly is a hotel within a hotel. I'm so pleased you enjoyed the additional amenities and service available and were able to have a spectacular view. I look forward to sharing your compliments with the team!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We spent three nights at the Waterfront, and while I'm not sure we ever met the same employee twice, we always received first class, courteous and helpful service. Our waterfront view from our clean, well-appointed room was always a source of diversion, with cruise ships, float planes and a pink Routemaster bus in constant action. The Fairmont Waterfront is a thoroughly efficient machine, which will ensure you are rested and relaxed. The open-air pool, sundeck and fitness room on the third floor are a must in fine weather.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your review. I'm so pleased to hear that the service you received was so exceptional and that you enjoyed the amenities we offer. I hope we can welcome you again!
Arizona
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was a last minute choice, and we could not have been more pleased. Club check in was seamless, and bags, which we had dropped with Valet, were already delivered. With a corner room, we were afforded spectacular views of the harbor from two floor to ceiling windows. The hotel offers car service, if available, to downtown restaurants on a first-come basis. Although not available for our final night's restaurant, the cab voucher was a fait accompli. Room was large and updated, and staff interaction was superb.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm thrilled to hear that the service you received was exemplary. We're pleased to offer some extra services to our guests, including complimentary drives within the downtown area. It also sounds like you were able to experience one of our corner rooms, with 180 degree views. I hope we can see you again soon!
Mandurah, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a corner harbour view room, was huge and so nice, our view was a constant flow of cruise ships and sea plans landing with north Vancouver in distance and we were on the 6th floor so whisper quiet. We were returning staying in2013 also and extended our knowledge of surrounds. Is just SO close to everything, has sky train directly under hotel, so when rains or cold you ever go outside, or as this time warm and sunny walk across the road and you are on a world class waterfront. Gym refitted sincere stayed and spa, pool well used by the kids. This place rocks and we love it, probably world wide our destination of choice and hotel of choice. Stones throw to gas town, Stanley park, town centre, shops and a million star bucks and resturants. Such a walkable city and world class hotel. Thanks Fairmont!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Your review absolutely made my day. Knowing that The Fairmont Waterfront is your number one hotel worldwide means the world to me and my team. I can't wait to share your review with them. Please contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com when your travels bring your back to Vancouver. It would be my pleasure to assist with your travel plans.
Delta, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here in February on 2 occasions. The first was not a very good experience for a few reasons and I was going to review the hotel accordingly, until I was contacted after answering a survey. I stay at enough properties to know that sometimes things go wrong. Problems are unavoidable 100% of the time and how the property reacts is equally if not more important than location and fees.

There were no catastrophic problems on the first stay but the issues were around cleanliness, communication and attitude of some staff. The hotel followed up with me very quickly after doing their survey and were eager to make it up to me. The second visit was very enjoyable and did not seem as though they were trying to "suck up" to me.

The location is fantastic and easily accessible from transit. There are many attractions within walking distance or a short drive/walk away. Depending on your room you may be treated to a wide view of the harbour and north shore mountains. The lobby is tastefully done and front desk staff are well trained and friendly. YOu are connected to the east convention centre by tunnel and a food court with a decent selection of cheap eats. Be sure to check the hotel website for good deals as the price we got was better than Expedia or other booking sites.

Although well appointed the hotel has been around for a while and some things in the rooms and corridors are showing their age. There is nothing terrible to see but if you've stayed at the nearby Pacific Rim Fairmont then you may be slightly disappointed here. The front entry can get quite crowded and parking is expensive although not completely out of line with other popular tourist destinations.

Rest assured that if there is a problem and you bring it to the attention of the hotel in a courteous manner they will make it right for you. We will definitely be considering this hotel again for our next staycation.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the view if you can. Bring your own snacks to avoid high in-room charges.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allan A
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and for giving us a second chance. We do our best to provide our guests with the best experience possible and I've very sorry that your first stay did not meet your expectations. However, I am thrilled that we were able to welcome you again for a second visit and that everything exceeded your expectations. I look forward to sharing your review with my team.
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here pre and post cruise in July. A truly outstanding hotel. Prime location to board your ship, and during your pre or post cruise days the Gastown area, quality shopping, and restaurants are near by. Definitely 5 Stars.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and for making The Fairmont Waterfront your destination in Vancouver. We're very pleased to offer a central location in downtown Vancouver with great access to the cruise ship terminal. I hope we can see you again soon!