We booked a King room through Expedia mobile, the day before check-in. It was a city view King room for $237 (mobile exclusive pricing). Upon check-in, we were informed that we booked a Queen room. We said, "uhh no" and they proceeded to tell us that Expedia does not have control/knowledge of specific room type availability, so basically, you get what's available upon check-in. Huh!? We weren't very happy. If this were a lesser class hotel than the freaking Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver, we wouldn't have cared, but let's get real here.
I don't know who's problem this really is (Expedia or Fairmont), but this is the first time we've EVER run into this and we've used Expedia A LOT and have ALWAYS gotten what we've booked/paid for.
Anyway, we called Expedia to complain and they were really good about it and provided us with a pretty decent travel voucher (which made me wonder if they really are the guilty party), plus upon check-out, we were given a complimentary lunch in the Fairmont's restaurant, which was quite good.
Other Notes: the room on 20th floor was small but adequate. Good A/C. Remote for TV was MIA, but they brought us another one. The best part about our stay was access to the pool/hot tub/sauna/weight room. Our flight didn't leave until 7:30pm so they allowed us access to these areas after checkout which was great. For the size of the hotel, these services were massively underutilized and there was rarely anyone using them.
Overall, we likely wouldn't stay here again because we'd never book full price through the hotel and apparently we can't trust Expedia with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Waterfront luxury hotel showcases the best of Vancouver. Conveniently situated beside the Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal and adjacent to the Vancouver Convention Centre, this luxury Vancouver hotel has a central harbour location, ideal for any stay. Guests can enjoy shopping, trendy restaurants, art galleries, Gastown, Chinatown and famous Stanley Park all within steps of our doors. This Four Diamond urban retreat is world renowned for its warm and welcoming service and truly showcases the best of Vancouver. The 489 newly renovated Vancouver Waterfront hotel rooms are spacious, elegantly appointed with distinctive amenities and showcase spectacular city, mountain and harbour views through floor-to-ceiling windows. The Fairmont Gold floor is an exclusive hotel within a hotel, featuring complimentary breakfast and evening canapes, personal concierge service and an exclusive lounge and terrace with harbour-views. Visit the on-site restaurant ARC. The culinary team embraces fresh, local and sustainable ingredients complemented by hotel-grown herbs from the 2,100 square foot rooftop garden and honey from the on-site honeybee colony. Expect simple, flavor focused cuisine, cooked with flawless execution appealing to discerning or emerging palates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Hotel Waterfront
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont
- Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver