“Great location in Vancouver”

Fairmont Waterfront
Ranked #12 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We spent three nights here prior to going up to Whistler to ski. Initial room had a good view over the harbour however.....At about 3 a.m we were awoken by children's voices from the adjoining room with which we unfortunately had a connecting door. When we then heard a lady suggesting loudly that the children might like to watch television, a call was made to reception. This very quickly silenced our neighbours!

The good news was that a porter arrived at 8.30 am to take us to a larger and upgraded room and we were also given vouchers for free breakfasts. Well done Fairmont and all is forgiven because you reacted quickly and we can now write a nice review about you.

Yes, the hotel is very professionally run with helpful staff and a great location at the end of the Metro from the airport and close to everything. Also, it is over a food court with a wide choice of breakfast venues.

Room Tip: Try and get a harbour view but not with a connecting door!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Guest,
While was sorry to read that your sleep was disturbed, I'm very pleased that once reported we were able to rectify the situation immediately and provide appropriate compensation. We do our utmost to ensure our guests experience problem-free stays but will always take immediate action if a deficiency is reported. I hope we can see you again.

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Suite was lovely. View fantastic
Only problem was noise emanating from hallway. Kids yelling vacuum cleaners doors slamming. It was a real drag it was the last night of our holiday in BC. So sleeping in was not an option with the noise. If we were going to stay another night would have requested a different room.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,
I'm very sorry to learn that your sleep was disturbed during your stay, though I am pleased to let you know that we are working on a project to further soundproof our guest rooms. Please contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com if your travels bring you back to Vancouver. It would be my pleasure to assist with your travel plans.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

I stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront during a recent visit to Vancouver for a long weekend. I booked directly via the hotel's website, which offered up the best deal compared to other booking websites which shall remain nameless. The hotel's check-in experience was very positive. I received a quintessential Canadian welcome from the receptionist. She was very helpful in explaining the hotel facilities and answering my questions about the area. My room was spacious and comfortable. I was lucky enough to have time to visit the swimming pool. As it was a hot day, the pool was packed with guests and it was a challenge to find a chaise lounge. I received very friendly and courteous service from the waiter when I order drinks and a burger. The food was very disappointing. I paid over $20 for a hamburger, which was served on a burnt bun. Really nothing special. The hotel location is fabulous. It's well located for the cruise ship possie, but also well situated for shopping and exploring by foot. I received friendly and helpful service from the porter with storing my bags. The hotel staff are very well trained and friendly. The hotel is a bit pricey, but that is to be expected from a Fairmont I suppose. All in all, I would recommend to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view if you can splurge
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
I'm very pleased you enjoyed your visit to Vancouver and your stay with us. Canadians are known for being some of the friendliest and politest people in the world and I'm thrilled that's what you experience, though I was disappointed to read about your dining experience and will ensure our Executive Chef reviews your feedback with her team. Thank you very much for your review. I hope we can welcome you again.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Good location. Staff very accommodating for my wife who has trouble walking. Moved us to a room near the elevator. Staff at ARC restaurant also very helpful. Very comfortable room and bed. Left at 5:30am for airport and lots of cabs available. Join the Presidents Club at no cost and get free WiFi. Also free use of bike to tool around this bike friendly city. Will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I can't wait to share your compliments with my team! It sounds as though you had a chance to experience quite a few of the amenities we are pleased to provide our guests and I'm so pleased your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to being your host when you return to our beautiful city!
Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Well positioned on Vancouver's waterfront in a scenic location and adjacent to the convention centre, the Fairmont is a classy crash pad, with all the creature comforts expected by a predominantly aging client base. Most seem to be coming or going to Alaskan cruises which depart nearby. It boasts a very good quality restaurant in Arc, a great location and all the bells and whistles to make for a comfortable stay. I felt very relaxed upon arriving and taking in the stunning seascape on offer from my window.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I'm very pleased to hear that our goal of providing an atmosphere of relaxed luxury was exactly what you experienced. I look forward to sharing your feedback with my team and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 31 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay. Night before princess cruise to Alaska.
Hotel just across the street from Canada Place. They take your luggage to the ship so you don't need to worry.
Our luggage did NOT get lost.
Mall below hotel so you can eat breakfast.
Very clean, top of the line hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We're pleased to welcome guests pre- or post-cruise and are happy to arrange for luggage transfer as well. I hope we can host you during your next visit to Vancouver!

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I
Spent several nights there and found it to be what we
all look for while traveling
Great rooms friendly and helpful staff and in a great location overlooking the water We loved our time there and have no hesitation In
Recommending it to fellow travelers

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your review! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope we can see you again very soon.
Warm Regards,