Fairmont Waterfront
Hotel BLU(Vancouver)
US$283
US$266
  • Pool
Blue Horizon Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$271
US$202
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Inn and Suites(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$238
TripAdvisor
3,565 results
All reviewsarc restaurantcanada placegold floorstanley parkcruise terminalpresident's clubconvention centeroutdoor poolpacific rimcorner roomnorth vancouvercity viewyour luggageconcierge staffexcellent hotelgas townalaskan cruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2010

It's just across the street from Canada Place and the Vancouver Convention Centre (East and West), so it's definitely the place to stay if that's where you'll be.

The rooms are fairly large, some with nice views of Canada Place. Amenities are typical, though I was missing a hairdryer. They brought it up when I rang about it. I didn't have any major like or dislike about the place, though some of my companions find the rooms a little old. It generally worked for me. The only issue is if you'll be in your room in the day; do expect to hear the cruise ships, helicopters and sea planes quite a bit. I can imagine it gets fairly noisy (and crowded) during the peak season. The upside is you get a pretty good view of the harbour if your room faces it.

At the basement of the hotel is a small mall with book shops, food court with McDonald's. Across the street is Starbucks, and a short 2-min walk away is the Waterfront train station. 5 mins away is Gastown with its shops selling tourist paraphernalia. Downtown shopping is about 10 min on foot.

All in, fairly convenient if you'll be at Canada Place.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Spent our final three days of our three week vacation in and around Vancouver in this very smart establishment. Everything one would expect from this level of hotel, Efficient, attentive and knowledgeable staff. Spotless rooms etc, but not unlike many hotels geared mainly to business clients that I have stayed in over the years.

Not quite 'on the waterfront' - the Convention Centre and another plush hotel are across the street and literally on the 'front line'.

The value niggles are the cost of breakfast - equivalent to an evening meal in decent restaurants, expensive wi-fi and use of PC's (although I was able to access and print my airline boarding pass for free) and the cost of telephone calls - even for toll free numbers and even more that the cell phone companies roaming fees!!

Excellent position for walking the harbour walls, getting to the heart of downtown and transport links - particularly the Seabus and the Skytrain to the airport

Reviewed 30 September 2010

We had a 3 night stay then came back for a further 5 night stay on this holiday. We were very fortunate to have a room on the gold floor and we cannot fault the warm, friendly and attentive service we received from all the staff that dealt with us.

There was always someone available at the desk if you had any sort of query and we could not fault any aspect of the service we received. There was always a warm and personal greeting (but not intrusive) when we visited the lounge for breakfasts, canapes and general relaxation.

As for a previous comment suggesting that other hotel guests not staying on the gold floor were using the free breakfast facility, I cannot understand how this can be true. The staff in there know all the guests personally and it's a really intimate lounge area that does not accomodate hoards of people.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they were able to provide us with realy helpful info on how to get the best out of the city including the best way to get to the various attractions that Vanvouver has to offer.

Our room was spacious, quiet and had a great view of the Canada place area, we thought the free breakfasts really tasty and we did use room service dining for a couple if meals when we first arrived and thought the food was delicious.

The housekeeping team keep the rooms in top notch condition and were always very attenentive if you needed anything. We were particularly impressed by a chap called Nick who came chasing down to the ground floor taxi area as we were about to leave for our next destination. He had found my husbands i-pod adaptor and had run down from the 9th floor to return it to him. We found this was another indication and reinforcement about what a great team they have at the Waterfront.

We have stayed at another 5 star hotel in Vancouver and would choose the Waterfront over that hotel any day! We would love to stay here again if we return to Vancouver, I hope this is not too far off.

Reviewed 30 September 2010

I arrived with my elderly mother after a 15hr flight at 9.30am. We were greeted and taken to the counter. I was intending to only leave our bags as it was very early but they kindly allowed us to go to the room. As usual the service at a Fairmont was terrific. Being in the Presidents Club may have helped. We were able to freshen up and go on our flight to Victoria for high tea. As my mother couldnt walk very far we had no trouble asking and getting drivers to take us very short distances. ( In some countries they refuse). The hotel even had our luggage go to the ship as we had the correct labels on them. Print them off before you leave home. Found the internet easy to use and the shops that were accessible from the hotel were handy. It is a short walk (or taxi drive for my mum) to the sea planes. Great beginning to a terrific holiday.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 20 September 2010

On a recent trip to Canada we stayed at a number of Fairmont properties. They were all luxurious, as expected for the price. However they all (including the Waterfront) had a number of irritating factors which spoiled the pleasure of staying there.

Internet - when cheap motels offer free broadband, it is no longer acceptable for hotels to charge for this service - especially not at the inflated rates charged by Fairmont. Internet is an essential service for travellers these days, and should be included gratis.

Television - for some reason, the Fairmont properties have some sort of proprietary TV service which was accessed via a difficult to use menu system. It was just irritating. Then to cap it off, our TV got a Windows error and rebooted!

Fridge - I wanted to keep my bottled water cold, but the fridge was locked! Apparently you have to go to reception and swipe your credit card in order to get the key! This is just ridiculous.

In summary, these are some fine properties, but are spoiled by these unnecessary complications. I'd rather stay somewhere cheaper but friendlier.